Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is off?
Did you know that your phone tracks your location even when turned off? And if you're a member of any social media network, it means you could be tracked. Do you like to have your privacy? Do you want to protect your kids from being tracked by strangers?
Of course Yes! Well, then you should know that your mobile phone can track your movements even when switched off. But is that true?
In the event that you switch off your phone, the GPS function will also be disabled. As a result, it will not be able to determine your position when your phone is turned off. However, Life360 will continue to provide the most recent location data that was uploaded to your account.
Should we trust Life360, the social media company that recently merged with Google, to protect our privacy? Let's take a look at the facts.
Part 1: What Is Life360 And How Does It Work?
The one app that kids hate and parents adore is called Life360. Life360 is monitoring software that can be downloaded into your phone and used by the individuals who are part of your Family Circle to monitor your location and the location of anybody else who is part of your Family Circle.
The app works by sending a request to your cellular carrier to get your location and then sending that information to the Life360 servers. In addition, life360 will store your location and send it to your social networks automatically.
Life360 is not required to track your location, but it is required to send your location to your social networks.
If you want to know more about Life360, check out our Life360 Review.
Part 2: Does life360 work if the phone is off?
When it comes to privacy, many people are becoming more aware of how it is being violated. As a result, there's no need to worry about whether or not the monitoring app in concern is as trustworthy as Life360.
Disconnecting from Life360 is as simple as turning off your phone and preventing the app from following and reporting your every step. Unfortunately, it also means that no one can see where they are about one another or how long it has been since they last updated their position.
If the necessity ever arose, such an undertaking may be useful for maintaining one's privacy. However, customers have no idea that Life 360 may still be used to monitor them by other people.
Premium users will still have access to the last 30 days' worth of location data, so the other person will be able to see where you were last seen.
Part 3: 3 Ways to Stop Life360 from Tracking You
1. Low Data Consumption
Disabling Life360's Wi-Fi and Data may result in a warning to parents that their children are offline so that they can keep an eye on their kids. Does life 360 drain the battery? Low data mode is a better option for turning off life360 without alerting your parents. Go to the Settings and locate Life360; however, do not deactivate the exact location.
Alternatively, you should disable background app refresh, mobile network, physical activity, and WIFI to save battery life. An issue with your Internet connection will come up instead of location stopped in this situation. So don't connect to any Wi-Fi at all.
2. Fake Locations
Using location spoofing applications on an Android smartphone, your kids can fool you into thinking they're somewhere else. Dr.Fone - Virtual Location is a location spoofing application that will trick you into thinking that you are in a different location than you really are. The GPS position of the device will be updated to reflect the new place that you have chosen thanks to the software. It is worth noting that Dr. Fone - Virtual Location for iOS may also enable you to imitate GPS movement.
It has several other noticeable features that can help you in your daily life.
3. Setting Wi-Fi and Data Services to "Off."
Another typical method kids use to prevent their parents from monitoring their position is to disable Life360's Wi-Fi and Data. It works like this. If you don't want applications updating in the background, enable power-saving mode.
Use a wired connection. Adolescents can turn off Wi-Fi and data when using the Life360 app on an iPhone. Go to Settings, look for Life360, and disable Cellular Data, Background Refresh, and Motion & Fitness. You'll be able to keep track of where you are on Life360.
All these methods can be used to Stop Life360 from Tracking You. However, the best all-in-one solution is a third-party application called Dr.Fone. This Virtual Location Software helps you keep your tracking off, but you can also fake your location very easily in minutes.
Can you track a phone if the location is off? Life360 has become a standard feature of many smartphones. Parents often use it to monitor their children's location. The fact that Life360 can be used to track users is quite disturbing. The good news is that there are ways to stop Life360 from tracking you. The best and all-in-one solution is a third-party application called Dr.Fone - Virtual Location.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking