[2022 Update] Facebook Messenger Troubleshooting
Looking to use Facebook Messenger app and are wondering how useful it can really be? Stuck somewhere while using the app and do not know how to proceed? While the Facebook Messenger app does help you to see all messages you need easily, there can be instances when the app will not function as you would want it to. So, what can you do if the app is not functioning properly? Here is a look at the most common Facebook Messenger troubleshooting when using Facebook and how you can solve the problems.
- Introduction: About the Facebook Messenger
- Issue 1: Not able to see messages on Facebook Messenger
- Issue 2: Not able to send or receive messages on Facebook Messenger
- Issue 3: Facebook Messenger is not working
Facebook Messenger is the newest addition to smartphones. Now people can send messages independent of the Facebook app or Facebook site. You can send messages, photos, and videos to the people on your contact using Facebook Messenger. However, some users are experiencing a few Facebook Messenger troubleshooting. Here are the top three Facebook Messenger troubleshooting users facing with Facebook Messenger app.
1. Users cannot see messages sent by others.
2. Users are not able to send or receive messages.
However, these problems are solvable. It is not much related to Facebook’s app.
Related articles: 11 Proven Ways to Fix Facebook Not Responding
This is one of the most common issues that most users have struggled with Facebook messenger. You may not be able to see any of the messages or new messages with this problem. However, before finding the solution for it make sure the app can access the internet. In some cases, it can be a messenger internet connection problem. Even with a good connection app is facing this problem then you need clear the cache of Facebook Messenger.
Following are the steps you can use to clear the cache of Facebook Messenger:
Step1. Make sure Facebook Messenger is not running in the background. If it is not closed, it will always check for new updates and add a new cache.
Step2. Now go to the settings and proceed to the application manager.
Step3. Under application manager, scroll down to the Facebook Manager and open it. The next screen will show various information about the Facebook messenger app. It will show the size of the application and the amount the data is stored by Facebook Messenger.
Step4. Scroll down you will see an option called Clear Cache. Just tap on it. Moreover, tap on clear data.
Now the app will be forced to download new data. You can use third-party apps like Android Assistant, which automatically clears the cache regularly.
Generally, this is a temporary problem with Facebook Messenger. Whether it is internet connectivity or some temporary error. However, make sure the other users have not blocked you for spam due to constant messaging. Even without being blocked if you experience such an issue.
Then you can perform these steps.
Step1. Consider checking your internet connectivity. Check other applications whether they are able to access the internet or not.
Step2. Consider restarting your smartphone, which can be down by long press of the power button or other with different models.
Step3. If the above step doesn’t work for you, then clear the cache and data by going to the application manager. Just tap on Clear cache and Clear data like the above-mentioned method. This may solve your problem.
Even with these steps, if the app is not working, consider going to the Facebook website and reporting a bug or problem. This could be a technical issue on Facebook’s site as Facebook Messenger is still a new application, and it is constantly updated.
There may be many reasons for Facebook messenger not working. The software is corrupted due Virus or other, or it requires an update. Generally, this is a software-level problem, which can be addressed only by updating the software with the latest one. As Facebook Messenger is a new app, and Facebook is still working on it make it more stable and improving it.
Here are a few steps that can help you to solve your problem.
Step1. Go to the Market place in the case of Android and go to the Menu by tapping on the top left.
Step2. Now go to the My app and search for Facebook Messenger.
Step3. On the next screen, you will find an update option if the software on your phone is not up to date.
Step4. In case the software is already updated and still not working, then tap on uninstall. This now uninstalls the software from your phone.
Step5. Now again, install it from Market.
You use these steps on other devices. This will solve the problem most of the time. In case, it does not work, report a problem to Facebook. For the future, keep the Facebook Messenger app up to date and also make sure your OS is also updated. This will allow new software updates to run smoothly on your phone.
Facebook Messenger is an independent app from Facebook, which helps you send and receive messages through Facebook. It helps you avoid logging onto Facebook or the Facebook app always, and always be connected on the go with your friends. Your friends' messages pop up directly on the screen, and so if you have an internet connection, you can talk to your friends and family through Facebook as easily as you do through messaging apps like Whatsapp.
However, the Facebook Messenger app is still not perfect and while Facebook’s developer team is working on it, you will do well to check these steps out. If the above steps do not work correctly, you should go to Facebook and report this issue to them to troubleshoot messenger problem, which will help them improve the app.
- Facebook on iOS
- 1. Download Facebook Videos on iOS
- 2. Block People in Facebook on iOS
- 3. Delete Facebook Messages on iOS
- 4. Send Facebook Messages on iOS
- 5. Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
- 6. Sync Facebook Contacts with iPhone
- 7. Fake Location on Facebook iOS
- 8. Facebook App Problems on iPhone
- Facebook on Android
- 1. Uninstall Facebook on Android
- 2. Delete Messages on Facebook Android
- 3. Save Facebook Messages on Android
- 4. Hide Facebook Messages on Android
- 5. Send Facebook Messages on Android
- 6. Read Old Facebook Messages
- 7. Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messages
- 8. Fake Location on Facebook Android
- 9. Facebook Crashing On Android
- Facebook Messages
- 1. Export and Print Facebook Messages
- 2. Messenger Notification Not Working
- 3. Use Facebook Without Messenger
- 4. Archive Facebook Messages
- 5. Record Facebook Messenger Calls
- 6. Deactivate Facebook Messages
- 7. Facebook Messenger Not Working
- 8. Messenger Video Call No Sound
- 9. Facebook Messenger Troubleshooting
- 10. Messenger Keeps Stopping/Crashing
- Facebook Upload/Download
- Facebook Problems
- 1. Can't Log into Facebook
- 2. Facebook Black Screen Issue
- 3. Facebook Loading Slow
- 4. Facebook Dating Is Showing Up
- 5. Facebook Video Chat Problems
- 6. Facebook Not Loading
- 7. Facebook Not Responding
- 8. Facebook Marketplace Not Working
- 9. Facebook Pay Not Working
- 10. Facebook Searches Not Working
- 11. Facebook News Feed Not Working
- Facebook Tricks