How to Retrieve Deleted Facebook Messenger Messages on Your Android
Wrongly deleted Facebook messages on your Android device? Want to recover deleted Facebook messages? Here are two simple methods that tell you how to recover deleted Facebook messages easily!
As we all know, Facebook Messenger is one of the most important applications on your Android to stay connected with your close ones. Sometimes it is an important app in a work environment and can even have important work messages. Many of us prefer to communicate through Facebook as it enables faster communication and ensures easier connectivity.
The messages could turn out to be crucial. Hence, losing messages from your Facebook Messenger could be frustrating. Not only will you lose memorable messages with your loved one but also important work details. With a little bit of work, it is possible to recover deleted Facebook messages on your Android phone after you have backed up the message. Yes, it doesn't matter if you have deleted Facebook messages from the Messenger app, you can still have access to those lost messages.
- Part 1. Can we recover deleted Facebook Messenger messages from an Android device?
- Part 2. How to archive Facebook Messager messages?
- Part 3. Recover deleted Facebook messages from a downloaded archive
- Part 4. Watch Youtube Video on How to Recover Facebook Messages on Android?
Recover deleted Facebook messages
Facebook Messenger follows the principle called, off the internet. Off the internet, means there is another copy of the same messages in your phone memory. Hence, messages you thought were gone are still there on your phone. So it is feasible to recover deleted Facebook messages within several simple steps easily.
Here is how you can recover your deleted Facebook Messages:
- Download any file explorer for Android. This app will help you explore the folders on your SD card. I suggest using ES explorer, and it is one of the best.
- Open the ES File Explorer App. First, go to the storage/SD card. There you will find the Android folder, which holds all the data-related applications.
- Under Data, you will find the folders related to all applications. You will find a "com.facebook.orca" folder, which belongs to Facebook Messenger. Just tap on that.
- Now tap on the Cache folder, under which you will find the "fb_temp." It has all the backup files related, which are saved automatically by the Facebook messenger. This makes sure that we can recover Facebook messages on our phones.
- Another way to find the same files is by accessing your phone memory from the computer. Just connect your phone to your computer using a USB. Follow the same procedure and access the fb_temp folder.
Will you choose iPhone XS or Samsung S9?
Archiving the Facebook messages
Archiving messages is a good way to secure your message from future mishaps. Archiving messages is easy and requires only minor effort on your part. You use this method on either Facebook website, Facebook, or Facebook Messenger, which all gives little control over your messages.
- Go to Messenger and open up your recent conversation list. Besides, scroll to the contact, which you want to archive and perform long press. The following windows pop up.
- Archiving the entire message
- Now, just select the archive and it will be moved to an archive that can be unarchived later when you need it.
It is so simple and easy to archive Facebook messages, but you must be aware of the archiving contact, conversation history will still be there. If you want to delete the conversation, go to the Recent tab and choose the delete option after long touch. This is the ultimate solution, so think about what you are doing and do it unless it is completely necessary.
Recovering deleted Facebook Messages
Once you have archived the message they are safe for life and you do not have to worry about them. In the future, if you decide to view the archived message it is also easy and simple.
- If you'd like to recover deleted Facebook messages, firstly, you should log in to the Facebook account.
- Click on "Account Settings" shown in the below picture. And click on "Download a copy of your Facebook data" at the bottom of the page.
- Here you can see a page where you download what you have done before in your Facebook account. Click "Start My Archive"shown in the below screenshot.
- Then it will pop up a box named "Request My Download," which tells you that it will take a little while to gather your Facebook information. Click the green button "Start My Archive" again to start gathering all of your Facebook information.
- After that, here will show a small dialog box. And there is a download link at the bottom of the dialog box. Click on the link to download your archive. This may costs you about 2-3 hours if you want to recover Facebook messages.
- Enter the password again before you download your archive.
- Click on the "Download Archive" button and it will immediately download to your computer. Just unzip it, and then open the file named "index." Click on the file "Messages" and it will load all of your past messages.
So, you just recover Facebook messages according to the above steps.
Yes, it is easy to recover deleted Facebook messages, and you do not have to worry about mistakenly deleting the Facebook messages. However, you would be responsible for the kind of action you take for your messages. Archiving and un-archiving need to be done carefully. You must be aware of the messages you are archiving, as they will be gone from the list. To un-archive them, you will have to take a few extra steps to get back them. Though deleted, you should not worry as messages are completely recoverable but make sure you do not delete the cache files from your phone. Once the cache files are gone, the only way you can see your conversation is by downloading the archive from the website.
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips