10 Easy Tips to Fix Ghost Touch on iPhone
Have you ever encountered an iPhone which performs tasks without any input? The malfunction when your iPhone starts performing actions on its own is termed as ghost touch. Furthermore, you can confront this issue in iPhone 13/12/11 and some previous models of iPhone such as iPhone 8, etc.
Problem with the screen protector, iOS malfunctioning, or a hardware fault maybe some of the reasons behind ghost touch on your device. If you are currently facing the ghost touch on your iPhone, no worries, keep reading the tips below to resolve this issue. Finally, the solutions range from cleaning your device screen to a factory reset.
Part 1: How to Fix Ghost Touch on iPhone?
1. Cleaning the Screen of Your iPhone:
You can fix ghost touch efficiently by cleaning the touchscreen of your device. In this way, you may wipe away any dust particles intervening with the touch mechanism of your iPhone.
To clean your iPhone, follow the procedure below:
- Switch off your phone.
- Use a microfiber cloth and soak it in warm water. Apple warns against applying household cleaners or any other material like hydrogen peroxide that can damage the oil resistance layer on your iPhone.
- Finally, start wiping your touchscreen carefully from one end.
- Extreme care to avoid moisture flow in openings.
2. Get Rid of Screen Protector:
Occasionally, the screen protector can obstruct the operation of your touchscreen. So, their removal can also resolve the issue. You must take off your protector with due care, starting from one end of the device. If your protector is already broken or partially damaged, it is recommended to contact an experienced iPhone technician.
3. Take Off Your iPhone's Case:
One of the culprits behind the iPhone ghost touch problem is a slightly twisted screen. The possible cause is the hard case may have bent your touchscreen. The falling of your device can deflect its hard case. In this scenario, taking off the hard case can eradicate this problem.
4. Reboot Your iPhone:
Rebooting the device can aid us in getting rid of the ghost touch problem. Follow the procedure below to restart your iPhone model.
(a) iPhone X
- Keep the Side button pressed with any Volume buttons until the power off slider pops up.
- Swipe the power off slider.
- Press the side button until the Logo of Apple is visible.
(b) iPhone 8:
- Keep the (or Side) button pressed once the power off slider pops up.
- Swipe the power off slider.
- Then, hold the top (or Side) button until the Logo of Apple appears.
5. Update Operating Software of Your iPhone:
If the ghost touch problem is not still resolved, then you should update your device. That is because the virus may be responsible for causing the ghost touch. To update your iPhone, follow the procedure below:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose General.
- Click Software Update.
- Select Download and Install.
6. Execute a Factory Reset:
If your iPhone ghost problem is not ended despite restarting and updating the iPhone. It is time to perform a factory reset. This can remove any application or program causing the issue. Indeed, you must first back up your data before performing a factory reset. To reset your iPhone, follow the procedure below:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose General.
- Select Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Press Erase.
After the successful factory reset, you will go through the setup process again, where you can select to restore the phone to a previously saved backup.
7. Recover Your iPhone:
If the factory reset fails to solve your problem, you can enter Recovery Mode in iPhone and try reinstalling iOS. It would help if you opted for this only when unable to update your iPhone normally due to a ghost touch. Otherwise, you can update or reset setting normally, which can be very easier to do. To put an iPhone 8 or later in Recovery Mode, follow the procedure below:
- Open iTunes on your personal computer after connecting it to your iPhone
- Hold the Volume up button and immediately release it.
- Hold the volume down button and immediately release it.
- Press and hold the side button until Recovery Mode appears.
Note: During the restoration of your iPhone from recovery mode, your data will be wiped away. To avoid inconvenience, back up your data beforehand.
8. Force Restart Your iPhone
If the ghost touch problem on your iPhone is so severe that you cannot use it properly. Then force restart can help you in fixing the issue. That is because the force restart would work even if your device's touchscreen is not working well.
- Hold and immediately release the Volume Up button.
- Hold and immediately the Volume Down button.
- Press the side button till the Logo of Apple is visible.
9. Take Your iPhone to Apple
After working with all the tips above, if the problem is still not resolved, you should take your device to the nearest Apple store. The possible cause behind the ghost touch issue may be a hardware cause, such as improper display assembly or touchscreen seating. It's not recommended to open your iPhone unless you have considerable experience. It is much safer to turn to Apple Support where you can book an appointment.
Part 2: How to Use Dr.Fone-System Repair to Fix Ghost Touch on iPhone?
Despite working with all the fixes above, your iPhone is still facing the ghost touch. You can use Dr. Fone-System Repair to get the job done. There can be several factors leading to the ghost touch dilemma on your iPhone. If the problem of an operating system is the cause behind the ghost touch on your iPhone, Dr.Fone-SystemRepaircan only helps you in this scenario.
Procedure to Use Dr.Fone-System Repair:
Step 1: Download Fone-System Repair and install it on your personal computer.
Dr.Fone - System Repair
Undo an iOS update Without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Downgrade iOS without iTunes at all.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 15.
Step 2: After opening the tool, choose System Repair.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone to the personal computer and click 'Standard Mode' on the application.
Step 4: After Dr.Fone-System Repair detects your iOS device, you would opt to download recent firmware. Select Start and wait.
Step 5: With the completion of the firmware download, Dr.Fone will quickly start fixing your iPhone.
Step 6: Within few minutes, your device would reboot to normal mode. The process would not take longer than 10 minutes.
Step 7: Hopefully, your problem of ghost screen will be resolved, even without the loss of any data.
There are some iOS problems users may confront in daily life, such as death, black screen, being stuck in DFU mode, and forgetting the iPhone screen unlock. Dr. Fone-System Repair can help us resolve these problems easily and quickly.
Main Functions of Dr. Fone-System Repair:
System repair tools can help with the fixation of a wide range of problems associated with iOS. Some of the common issues that can be dealt with System Repair includes:
How This Tool Excels Over Others:
In comparison to other tools available, Dr. Fone-System Repair can easily fix the issues with the operating system of your iPhone without the risk of losing data. It's quite simple to use and requires few clicks to resolve the problem within few minutes.
Part 3: How to Fix Typical iPhone Problems
1. Unable to Connect Wi-Fi:
Being unable to connect through iPhone Wi-Fi is one of the most typical problems faced by users. You can fix the issue by following the procedure below:
- Switch off your iPhone.
- Restart the device while holding both the home button and lock button till the Logo of Apple appears.
- After the restart, you will be able to connect to the Wi-Fi.
If still the problem is not resolved, then
- Navigate to Settings,
- Select Wi-Fi
- Move to the end of the page and set the HTTP proxy to auto setting.
2. Cellular Connection Problem on iPhone:
Several reasons can cause your cellular connection to malfunction. For example, the issue can be a technical glitch or network problem on your iPhone. Firstly, you should make sure that you have a stable cellular connection in your location. If, despite the stable connection, your signal strength is still poor, follow the procedure below to reset your network settings:
- Navigate to Settings on your iPhone
- Tap General and select Reset
- Press Reset Network Settings to reset
3. Stucked at Apple Logo:
iPhone stuck at Logo of Apple is the problem commonly faced by the users. Most of the time, force restart can resolve this problem. The procedure to force start the iPhone is already discussed above.
Ghost touch problem is common in iPhone 13/12/11/X and some other models. Ghost touch issue in your iPhone can be caused by a system problem or a hardware issue. Luckily, many solutions are available to resolve this issue, or you can move to the Apple store for the fix. We expect that these fixes will help you to get rid of the ghost touch problem. However, the best possible solution is to use Dr. Fone-System Repair, by which you can fix the issue with just a few clicks. Also, this tool would not take more than 10 minutes, and your risk of data loss is quite low.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Screen Recorder No Sound
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems