Fixed: Gmail Not Working on iPhone [6 Solutions in 2023]
“I have synced my Gmail account on my iPhone 14, but it is not loading. Can someone tell me how to fix Gmail not working on iPhone?”
If you use Gmail on your iPhone, then you can encounter a similar situation as well. While we can sync our Gmail account on an iPhone, it can stop working at times. Thankfully, there are some ways to fix the Gmail not loading on the iPhone issue. Without much ado, let’s diagnose this problem and learn how to fix these Gmail iPhone issues.
Part 1: Common Reasons for Gmail not working on iPhone
In case your Gmail has stopped working on your iPhone, you should try to look for these signs and triggers for the problem.
- There could be some syncing issue with Gmail on your iPhone.
- Your Gmail account setup could be incomplete and stopped working.
- Your device might not be connected to a working internet connection.
- The IMAP or any other internet setting on your iPhone/Gmail could be tampered with
- The chances are that Google could have blocked the account due to security risks.
- Any other firmware-related issue can also cause this problem on your iPhone.
Part 2: How to Fix Gmail not working on iPhone in 6 Different Ways?
Now when you know the major reasons for causing these Gmail phone issues, let’s quickly consider how to troubleshoot them.
Fix 1: Go to the Gmail Account to Perform a Security Check
One of the major reasons for Gmail not loading on iPhone is related to security risks. For instance, if it is the first time you tried accessing your Gmail account on your iPhone, then Google can block the attempt. To fix Gmail not working on iPhone, you can do a security check in the following way.
Step 1. Firstly, go to the Gmail website on your iPhone via any browser like Chrome or Safari.
Step 2. Tap on the “Sign in” button and just log-in to your account by entering the right credentials.
Step 3. If Google has blocked the security attempt, then you will get an alert on your account. Just click on it and choose to review your device.
Step 4. In the end, you can authenticate your iPhone so that Google would allow it to access your account securely.
Fix 2: Perform a Security Check on your Account
Sometimes, even after authenticating your device, you might encounter these Gmail iPhone issues. If your Google account has been linked to several other devices or has encountered any security threat, it can lead to Gmail not loading on iPhone.
Therefore, if your Gmail has stopped working on your iPhone due to any security concern, you can try these steps.
Step 1. At first, go to your Google account on your iPhone or any other device/computer of your choice.
Step 2. Once you log-in to your Gmail account, click on your avatar from the top-right corner and visit the Google settings page.
Step 3. Under Google Settings, go to the Security Option, and perform a complete Security Checkup.
Step 4. This will display different parameters related to the security of your account that you can resolve. Under the Devices section, make sure your iPhone is included. You can tap on the three-dot icon and remove any unauthorized device from here as well.
Fix 3: Perform a CAPTCHA Reset for your Google Account
Just like two-step verification, Google has also come up with a CAPTCHA-based security system. If you have had failed log-in attempts, it can lock your account for a while and cause Gmail iPhone issues.
Thankfully, you can easily fix the Gmail not loading on iPhone error by performing a CAPTCHA reset. For this, you need to go to Google’s CAPTCHA reset page on any system or device. Click on the “Continue” button and log-in to your account using the right credentials.
After performing a basic security checkup, you can reset its CAPTCHA and sync your Google account back on your iPhone.
Fix 4: Turn on the IMAP Access for Gmail
IMAP, which stands for Internet Message Access Protocol, is a common technology that Gmail and other email clients use to deliver messages. If IMAP is disabled on your Google account, it can cause Gmail not working on iPhone.
To fix this, just log-in to your Gmail account on your computer and go to its Settings from the top-right corner. Once the Settings page is loaded, visit the Forwarding and POP/IMAP segment to enable the IMAP protocol.
Fix 5: Reset your Gmail Account on your iPhone.
If Gmail has stopped working on an iPhone, then there could be some problem with its setup. To resolve these Gmail iPhone issues, you can first remove Gmail from your iPhone and later add it again in the following way.
Step 1. At first, go to your iPhone Settings > Password and Accounts and select Gmail. Now, tap on your account and select the “Delete Account” feature from here.
Step 2. After deleting your Gmail account, restart your device, and go to its Settings > Password and Accounts and choose to add an account.
Step 3. From the supported accounts list, select Gmail, and enter the correct account credentials to log-in.
Step 4. Once your Gmail account has been added, you can go back to its Settings > Password, and Accounts > Gmail and make sure your mails are synced.
Fix 6: Check for any iOS System Error and Repair it.
Lastly, the chances are that there could be more severe reasons for these Gmail iPhone issues. The easiest way to fix them is by using Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) application. A part of the Dr.Fone toolkit can fix almost every iPhone problem without causing any data loss on your phone.
Dr.Fone - System Repair
The easiest iOS Downgrade solution. No iTunes Needed.
- Downgrade iOS without data loss.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fix all iOS system issues in just a few clicks.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 16.
- By following a simple click-through process, the application can fix all kinds of iPhone errors and issues.
- Apart from Gmail iPhone issues, it can also fix other problems like a screen of death or an unresponsive phone.
- You can also select the iOS version that you wish to install on your device during the process.
- The application is straightforward to use, will not need jailbreak access, and won’t delete your iPhone data.
I’m sure that after reading this post, you would be able to fix the Gmail not working on an iPhone problem. Since these Gmail iPhone issues can be caused due to different reasons, I have listed numerous ways to fix them. If nothing else seems to work, then you can take the assistance of Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS). It is a complete iPhone repairing tool that can help you resolve all iOS-related problems in a jiffy.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Screen Recorder No Sound
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems