4 Easy Ways for Your Vivo Hard Reset
Vivo is a famous smartphone brand with a substantial presence in the market. As a result, we can see many problems and solutions related to Vivo phones, like how to format Vivo phones. How to hard reset a Vivo phone? How to fix slow Vivo phones? Etc. So, let us discuss these issues along with the proposed solutions.
If your Vivo phone is very slow or hangs, and you cannot fix it even working with memory and other stuff, then you can solve this issue using Vivo hard reset. This also works if you have forgotten your PIN or password or you want to bypass the screen lock. So, how to hard reset a Vivo phone?
- 1. Google Find My Device (data loss)
- 2. Gmail account
- 3. Answer security questions
- 4. Use Dr.Fone - Data Eraser
Part 1: 4 easy ways to hard reset your Vivo
Hard reset Vivo is an excellent solution for bypassing screen lock and recovering locked Vivo phone. It is also an option to format your Vivo phone if you are handing over or selling your phone and want to keep your data secure. So, what are the tools or techniques for Vivo hard reset?
1. Google Find My Device (data loss)
Google Find My Device is your best bet if you want to reset your Vivo phone hard remotely. So, here is the step-by-step guide for this method.
- Launch Google Find My Device on your computer and sign in with your Google credentials.
- You can choose three options, i.e., Play sound, Secure device, and Erase device.
- Click the Erase Device link.
- In the Erase all data menu, click the Erase option.
2. Gmail account
If you opt for a Vivo hard reset because of screen lock or phone locking issues, then your other option is to use the Gmail account to unlock it. If you are wondering how to use a Gmail account for unlocking, here is the step-by-step guide.
- Power On your Vivo Android phone.
- When you attempt your phone incorrectly multiple times, you will see the Forgot pattern option.
- Click the Forgot pattern option.
- Fill in your Google Account credentials to log in.
- Now, unlock your device and choose a new password.
3. Answer security questions
Google security questions or your device company Security questions will help you to reset your phone password without data loss.
- When you attempt a wrong password multiple times, you will see options for recovering passwords.
- Click on the Forgot pattern option.
- Click on the "Answer question".
- Answer the security questions correctly to unlock your phones and choose a new password or pattern lock.
4. Use Dr.Fone - Data Eraser
If the reason for hard resetting your phone is any issue with the deleting data of the phone, second-hand phone for sale, then your phone need to data erasing. Since it is a complicated technical procedure for a layman, we recommend using Dr.Fone - Data Eraser because of its ease of use and efficiency. You can erase all types of data using this software. Let us see how it works.
- Connect Your Android Phone
Launch Dr.Fone on your computer. Select "Data Eraser" among all the tools to resolve the Vivo hard reset.
Connect your Android phone to the computer using a USB cable. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging on your phone. If the Android os version is above 4.2.2, there will be a pop-up message on your phone asking you to allow USB debugging. Tap on "OK" to continue.
- Start Erasing Your Android Phone
Then Dr.Fone will automatically recognize and connect your Android device. Click on the "Erase All Data" button to start erasing all your data.
Since all the erased data are not recoverable, make sure you have backed up all the needed data before you proceed. Then key in “000000” into the box to confirm your operation.
Type in "000000" to confirm and move on. Since you may lose your data in system repair and in case of a Vivo hard reset, your phone's memory is wiped, it is always important to keep a backup of your phone data. More on this in the next section.
Then Dr.Fone will start erasing all data on your Android phone. The whole process takes only a few minutes. Please don't disconnect the phone or open any other phone management software on the computer.
- Perform Factory Data Reset on Your Phone
After all app data, photos, and all other private data have been completely erased, Dr.Fone will ask you to tap on Factory Data Reset or Erase All Data on the phone. This will help you completely wipe all the settings on the phone.
Now your Android phone has been completely wiped and it's like a brand new one.
Part 2: How to keep my data safe?
The best thing you can do to keep your data secure, even in case of unwanted crashes and accidents, is to periodically back up your phone and computer. So, you might ask what the best way to back up my phone is. We recommend Dr.Fone - Phone Backup because it is part of your phone's comprehensive suite of solutions and works efficiently without any technical input from you.
The Bottom Line
In the current digital age, part of our life depends on our gadgets, so keeping them updated and tuned in is the best strategy to function without unwanted bumps. Obviously, it takes some pre-planning like periodic data backup, memory refresh, optimum charging, and so on. Dr.Fone is a comprehensive suite of applications that help you maintain your devices and fix them in case of an accident. This article discusses the Dr.Fone - Data Eraser for Vivo hard reset.
Keep tuned in for more how-to guides for all phone issues.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Reset Android
- 1.1 Android Password Reset
- 1.2 Reset Gmail Password on Android
- 1.3 Hard Reset Huawei
- 1.4 Android Data Erase Software
- 1.5 Android Data Erase Apps
- 1.6 Restart Android
- 1.7 Soft Reset Android
- 1.8 Factory Reset Android
- 1.9 Reset LG Phone
- 1.10 Format Android Phone
- 1.11 Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- 1.12 Reset Android without Data Loss
- 1.13 Reset Tablet
- 1.14 Restart Android Without Power Button
- 1.15 Hard Reset Android Without Volume Buttons
- 1.16 Hard Reset Android Phone Using PC
- 1.17 Hard Reset Android Tablets
- 1.18 Reset Android Without Home Button
- Reset Samsung
- 2.1 Samsung Reset Code
- 2.2 Reset Samsung Account Password
- 2.3 Reset Samsung Account Password
- 2.4 Reset Samsung Galaxy S3
- 2.5 Reset Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2.6 Reset Samsung Tablet
- 2.7 Hard Reset Samsung
- 2.8 Reboot Samsung
- 2.9 Reset Samsung S6
- 2.10 Factory Reset Galaxy S5
- 2.11 Factory Reset Samsung Without Password
- 2.12 Factory Reset S9/S10 without Password
- 2.13 Factory Reset A12 without Password