How to Save Photos from WhatsApp on Android and iPhone?
“Is it possible to save photos from WhatsApp on Android and iPhone? I have some pictures that I wish to save permanently from my WhatsApp account to both of my iPhone and Android devices. What are the most convenient ways to store photos?
Given how the introduction of smartphones and the messaging app that come with them have made our lives much more comfortable, sometimes it could get a little complicated. WhatsApp, which controls 44% of the market share among the top messaging apps, doesn’t instantly allow you to store photos to the smartphone, whether it be Android or iPhone.
However, all hope is not lost as there is more than one method that is equally simple to save photos from WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. We will discuss all of them in our guide, so please continue reading and learn them with step-by-step instructions stated with each section below.
- Part 1. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Gallery on Android?
- Part 2. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to iPhone’s Photos?
- Part 3. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Cloud?
- Part 4. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp via WhatsApp Web?
- Part 5. The Best Alternative to Save WhatsApp Photos to PC - Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer
Part 1. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Gallery on Android?
Everyone share personal files from photos to videos through their Whastapp account. But did you know that you can save those files directly to your Android device’s Gallery application to open and view them without having to open the WhatsApp messenger? Here is the method to save photos from WhatsApp to the Galley app on Android smartphone:
- Open your WhatsApp account and access the chat folder where the images were sent;
- Download the photos by clicking on the icon available right in front of the file;
- Now exit the interface of WhatsApp and head on to the Gallery app of your Android phone;
- Locate the “WhatsApp Images” folder from the list and tap on it;
- You will see that the recently downloaded photo is available on the Gallery app of your Android phone.
Part 2. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to iPhone’s Photos?
Allowing to save photos from WhatsApp directly to the iPhone is a bit complicated. You would have to enable the feature through the WhatApp settings option of your iPhone and move on with it. Here are the instructions to save the photos from WhatsApp to your iPhone’s Photos folder:
- Open the WhatsApp messenger on your iPhone and tap on the “Setting” button;
- Tap on the “Chats” button and move on the next step;
- Now simply enable the “Save to Camera Roll” option;
- Once you perform the step mentioned above, then all of the photos shared on your WhatsApp account will be directly saved on your iPhone.
Part 3. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Cloud?
Cloud-based storage platforms are one of the best and securest ways to save WhatsApp photos permanently. Dropbox is among such platforms that have gained a good repute among users to be a highly safe service to store intimate data. More than that, you will be able to save photos from Whatsapp to Cloud through both Android and iOS platforms. Here are the steps to instantly keep images on Dropbox through both Android and iPhone:
- Sign in to your Dropbox account through its app from your Android phone;
- Now download and install the “DropboxSync” app from the Google Play Store to save Whatsapp images directly;
- Launch the app and connect your Dropbox account with it;
- Tap on “Choose what to Sync” after connecting with your Dropbox account and then add the folder path where your WhatsApp images are customarily stored ;
- Tap on “Save” to finalize the settings;
- You will get the freedom to set the time to auto-sync;
- The photos share on your WhatsApp account will be available on your Dropbox account after you perform the procedure, as mentioned above.
- Launch the Dropbox app on your iPhone and connect your account with it;
- Open the “Settings” menu and proceed to the next step;
- From the “Backup Settings” button, enable “sync from the camera roll” and proceed further;
- From now on, if you save your Whatsapp images to the iPhone Photos folder, then they will be instantly synced and saved to Dropbox.
Part 4. How to Save Photos from WhatsApp via WhatsApp Web?
Ever since Facebook acquired WhatsApp, the messenger is coming up with new and exciting ways to make the application compatible across different platforms. It is why the WhatsApp Web utility allows you to access your account through the convenience of your computer’s(Windows/macOS) browser. You can also save photos to your PC, and from there to any platform(Android/iPhone), you want very quickly. Here are the steps:
- Open your system’s browser and enter the URL of WhatsApp Web;
- Connect your account to the platform via Q/R code;
- Open any chat from the list and click on the photo you wish to download;
- Now click on the “Download” icon and store the picture anywhere on the PC you like.
Part 5. The Best Alternative to Save WhatsApp Photos to PC - Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer
Each one of the steps stated above would not work as it requires over-reliance on other platforms and third-party applications from untrusted sources. However, you can still save your WhatsApp photos to PC or any other device with the Dr.Fone software. The method is not only secure and trustworthy, but it will bring additional options to the table. The possibilities include restoring old messages and files and transfer them to different platforms. Here are some extra helpful features of the Dr.Fone app to save Whatsapp photos:
- If you do not wish anyone to access your pictures and files stored on the phone, then the “Data Eraser” feature of Dr.Fone will delete those files beyond any recovery;
- You will be easily able to create backup across your Android and iPhone smartphones;
- The Dr.Fone app is readily available across both Windows and macOS, and you can click on the link below to download it on your computer.
Here are the steps to back up and restore WhatsApp photos on your PC:
Step 1. Connect Your Device(Android/iPhone) to the PC:
Open Dr.Fone on the computer system before connecting your iPhone or Android device via a USB cable to it. When you see the interface, click on the “WhatsApp Transfer” section and move on to the next step;
Step 2. Select the WhatsApp Backup Option:
Now click on the “Backup WhatsApp Messages” tab, and move forward;
once the interface detects the connected smartphone, click on the “Backup” button, and the whole process will start instantly;
Step 3. View the Photos and Store them on your PC:
Once Dr.Fone completes the backup, you will be free to view the files.
Hit on “Next” and store them to any place on your Windows PC by clicking on the “Recover to Device” tab.
You can follow the procedure listed below to get all of your media files and messages back.
- Connect your smartphone via a cable with the computer and open Dr.Fone;
- Click on the “Whatsapp Transfer” utility tab and proceed;
- This step will depend on the platform of the smartphone on which you wish to restore WhatsApp photos. You will either have to click on the “Restore WhatsApp messages to Android device” tab or select the “Restore WhatsApp messages to iOS device” option;
- Once you choose the platform of your device, dr. fone will immediately show the stored content of your WhatsApp account;
- The app will give you the chance to view the photos. Once you get satisfaction on the authenticity of the pictures, recover them to the computer or anywhere you prefer.
WhatsApp is arguably the most popular messaging platform in the world as it offers people to share media files such as photos and videos for free through various platforms. However, it doesn’t necessarily imply that WhatsApp is the most intuitive platform in the world. It could get extremely tricky to save or create a backup of Whatsapp messages and photos. Fortunately, the Dr.Fone app does it both for you as it allows you to keep the contents of your WhatsApp account to your computer and restore them on the smartphone.
You Might Also Like
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer