How to Restore WhatsApp Chats: With or Without Backup
“I can’t restore chat history in WhatsApp and I can’t even find any backup saved on the drive. Can someone tell me how can I restore my WhatsApp chats?”
As I stumbled upon this query on a leading WhatsApp forum, I realized that a lot of people out there encounter the same issue. Thankfully, learning how to restore WhatsApp chats on iPhone or Android is pretty easy. If you already have a backup, then you can readily restore your WhatsApp chats. Though, there are options to restore deleted WhatsApp chats with a recovery tool. In this post, I will provide dedicated options on how to restore WhatsApp chats like pros.
A lot of people think that there is no provision to restore deleted WhatsApp chats without a backup, which is not the case. The good news is that with the help of a data recovery tool like Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android), you can restore your WhatsApp chat history. It is a dedicated recovery tool that can restore deleted WhatsApp chats, photos, documents, and more.
Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery(WhatsApp Recovery on Android)
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document & WhatsApp.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
- Dr.Fone – Data Recovery supports the recovery of all WhatsApp data like your photos, videos, documents, voice notes, and more.
- The application is extremely easy to use and can restore WhatsApp chats under every possible scenario.
- It will list your WhatsApp data in different categories and would even let you preview your photos, videos, and documents.
- Users can selectively choose the WhatsApp data they wish to get back and restore WhatsApp chats to any location.
You can use Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) to learn how to restore deleted WhatsApp chats in the following way:
Step 1: Launch the WhatsApp Data Recovery tool
Simply connect your Android device to your computer, launch the Dr.Fone toolkit, and open the Data Recovery tool on it.
Step 2: Start the WhatsApp Data Recovery Process
Once your device is connected, just go to the option to restore WhatsApp chat from the sidebar. Here, you can view the snapshot of the connected Android phone and start the recovery process.
Step 3: Wait as the Application would Restore your WhatsApp Data
Afterward, you can simply wait for a few minutes and let Dr.Fone restore WhatsApp chat history from your phone. You can view the progress from the screen or cancel it in between. Though, to get better results, it is recommended not to cancel the process or disconnect your device.
Step 4: Agree to Install the Designated App
Once the WhatsApp data recovery process is over, the application will ask you to install a special application. You can just agree to it and wait for the installation to be over so that you can preview your data.
Step 5: Preview and Restore WhatsApp Chats
That’s it! You can now view all the extracted WhatsApp data, listed under different categories like Chats, Photos, Videos, and more. You can just go to any section from the sidebar to get a preview of your WhatsApp chats.
If you want to filter results, then you can go to the top-right section and choose to view all WhatsApp data or just the deleted chats. Lastly, you can select the WhatsApp chats or data you wish to get back and click on the “Recover” button. This will let you restore deleted WhatsApp chats to any location of your choice.
If you have been using WhatsApp, then you might already know that the app lets us back up our data on iCloud (for iPhone) or Google Drive (for Android). Ideally, the process to restore WhatsApp chats from a previous backup is the same for both iPhone and Android.
Before you learn how to restore WhatsApp chats, make sure you meet the following prerequisites:
- There should be an existing WhatsApp backup present on iCloud or Google Drive for your account.
- Your iPhone or Android device should be connected to the same iCloud or Google Drive account where the backup is saved.
- While setting up your WhatsApp account, you have to use the same phone number that was registered before.
How to Restore WhatsApp Chats with a Backup?
Great! Now, you just have to reinstall WhatsApp on your device and set up your account. Once you enter the same phone number, WhatsApp will detect the presence of an existing backup. You can now just tap on the “Restore” button and wait as the app would extract and load your chats.
If WhatsApp couldn’t restore chat history, then it means there is no backup saved. Therefore, to avoid this, you should make a habit of regularly backing up your WhatsApp data. To do this, you can launch WhatsApp and go to its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Here, you can connect your iCloud/Google account and take an immediate or scheduled backup.
I’m sure that after reading this guide, you would be able to restore WhatsApp chats on your device. As you can see, I have listed dedicated solutions on how to restore WhatsApp chats with or without a backup. If you don’t have a prior backup saved, then simply use Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android). The application is 100% safe and will let you restore WhatsApp chat history without causing any harm to your device.
- How to restore WhatsApp chat history without any backup?
In this case, a data recovery tool (like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery) can help you restore deleted WhatsApp chats without any prior backup.
- Can I restore my 1-year-old WhatsApp chats without a backup?
This would depend on if you have been using your device or not. If you haven’t used your device and your chats weren’t overwritten, then a tool like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery can help you.
- Is it possible to restore WhatsApp chats that I skipped before?
Yes, you can just uninstall WhatsApp on your device and reinstall it to get another chance to restore your WhatsApp chats. If it won’t work, then try Dr.Fone – Data Recovery to restore your deleted WhatsApp chats instead.
- Message Sending Tricks
- Send Anonymous Messages
- Send Group Message
- Send and Receive Message from Computer
- Send Free Message from Computer
- Online Message Operations
- SMS Services
- Message Protection
- Various Message Operations
- Forward Text Message
- Track Messages
- Read Messages
- Get Message Records
- Schedule Messages
- Recover Sony Messages
- Sync Message across Multiple Devices
- View iMessage History
- Love Messages
- Message Tricks for Android
- Message Apps for Android
- Recover Android Messages
- Recover Android Facebook Message
- Recover Messages from Broken Adnroid
- Recover Messages from SIM Card on Adnroid
- Samsung-Specific Message Tips