How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images/Pictures from Android Devices
WhatsApp is an integral part of our everyday communication, and any loss of data is highly frustrating. Losing your WhatsApp images is like a nightmare. But surprisingly, it happens more often than you know, and recovering these deleted WhatsApp photos is not easy unless you have a robust solution like a WhatsApp recovery software.
If you are struggling with data loss, then this article will be a lifesaver. Go through this comprehensive guide to know how to recover deleted WhatsApp photos and other data for iOS and Android devices like a pro. Next time, you can always backup your WhatsApp messages to avoid unexpected data loss again.
Have you switched to a new phone? We have come up with a few solutions for you to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android or transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
- Part 1: How to Recover Existing WhatsApp images Selectively on iOS Devices
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp images Selectively on Android Devices
- Part 3: How to Recover WhatsApp images from Auto-Backup
Part 1. How to Recover Existing WhatsApp images/pictures selectively on iPhone
There is a couple of recovery software available in the market. However, to get the proven results, you should try Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS), the World's 1st iPhone, and iPad data recovery software. This software offers a complete solution for the recovery of existing WhatsApp data and deleted data including contact notes, messages, images from an iPhone or iPad.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS)
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Highest recovery rate in the industry.
- Preview and selectively recover data from iTunes and iCloud backup files.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, WhatsApp messages, Facebook messages, call logs, and more.
- Supports all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, including the latest iOS.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) offers three ways to recover WhatsApp pictures and other data. You can directly scan your iPhone, extract from your iTunes backup or extract from your iCloud backup.
Note：If you haven't backed up your phone's data before and you are using iPhone 5s and later, the success rate of recovering music and video from iPhone with Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) will be lower. Other types of data are supported to recovery under the before mentioned conditions.
1.1 Directly Recover Existing WhatsApp Images from iPhone
Follow the below easy steps to recover your WhatsApp pictures from iPhone.
Note： You may fail to recover from WhatsApp pictures from iPhone directly by using this tool. You could try to recover from iTunes if you had backed up before.
- Download Dr.Fone and launch it on your computer, and click Data Recovery.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable, then select Recover iPhone Data.
- Tick "WhatsApp & Attachments".
- Click on "Start Scan" to scan the WhatsApp images.
- When scanning completed, the recovered items will appear in categories.
- Choose the items you want to recover and click "Recover to Computer".
1.2 Restore WhatsApp Images/Pictures from iTunes Backup
Step 1: Download & launch Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS)
- Download and launch the software, click Data Recovery.
- Choose Recover iOS Data and then select Recover from iTunes Backup File tab.
- All the iTunes backup files on your computer will be displayed.
- Select the file containing your lost WhatsApp images and scan the files using "Start Scan".
Step 2: WhatsApp Pictures Recovered
- • After the scan is completed, preview the data and select the WhatsApp files you want to recover.
- • Click on "Recover' to save the files to your computer.
- • You can also directly save them on your iPhone.
1.3 Recovering WhatsApp Images/Pictures from iCloud Backup
This tool temporarily only supports to recover from iCloud under ios 10.2. Otherwise, you can connect to your iCloud account after using this tool.
Step 1: Launch Dr.Fone toolkit
- • Launch Dr.Fone toolkit, click on Data Recovery.
- • Select Recover iOS Data and then go to Recover from iCloud Backup File tab.
- • Sign in to your iCloud account.
- • Check all iCloud backup files.
- • Select files that contain your WhatsApp items.
- • Download the files to your computer or directly to your iPhone.
Step 2: Quick Processing
- • Select WhatsApp attachments in the pop-up window to reduce the time of scanning.
Step 3: Recover Now
- • When scanned, preview the files and select the images you want to recover.
- • Click on "Recover" to save the data on your computer or directly to your iPhone
Isn't Dr.Fone an amazing recovery software to let you recover any amount of WhatsApp data easily and quickly?
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images Selectively on Android
There is nothing more satisfying than having fast, flexible, and easy to use recovery software just a click away. With Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android), the world's 1st Android data recovery software that is compatible with over 6000 Android devices, you can fastly recover deleted files on Android. The clear instructions and simple steps make Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) an ideal tool to retrieve lost or deleted information including messages, contacts, photos, videos, and lots more.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android)
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software.
- Highest recovery rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messaging, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with 6000+ Android devices.
- For deleted file recovery, ensure your device is earlier than Android 8.0 or rooted.
If you have lost WhatsApp images and you have backed up your data to SD card, you can try to use this tool to recover it.
Step 1: Don't Overwrite
- • When you lose WhatsApp data, do not overwrite it. Do not update files or send messages else, you may lose the data forever.
Step 2: Download and Launch Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android)
- • Download and install the software to your computer
- • Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Debug the Device
- • Enable debugging of your Android device.
- • For debugging, follow the instructions of Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android).
Step 4: Select Data Type
- • Now choose the type of data you want to scan. You will have a list of options, including contacts, messages, videos, call history, gallery, and more.
- • Choose "WhatsApp Messages and Attachments" to scan the files.
Step 5: Relive the Moments
- • After the scan is complete, select the WhatsApp images you wish to recover and click "Recover" to finally get your deleted pictures.
Now that you have the photos, share and enjoy. With Dr.Fone, you can also recover Android SD Card data or extract data from a damaged Android device such as smartphones or tablets.
More Android Data Recovery Articles:
- How to Recover Deleted Videos on Android Phone &Tablet
- How to Recover Deleted Files from SD Card On Android Phone?
- How to Recover Files from Android's Internal Memory?
Part 3. How to Recover WhatsApp Images from Auto-Backup
Many times, we accidentally delete photos and regret later. However, you don't have to feel disappointed about the lost items as you can recover them using Auto-backup that WhatsApp creates every time you use it.
The simple procedure just requires uninstalling and re-installing of WhatsApp on your Smartphone. This will enable WhatsApp to recover all the deleted data using auto-backup. Check out the simple steps to accomplish the task in no time.
Step 1: Uninstall WhatsApp from your device
Step 2: Re-install WhatsApp on your device
Step 3: Click "Restore" when asked like the image below
Pros of using this method
- • It is an easy, quick, and assured method.
- • You don't need to go through any complicated procedures.
Cons of using this method
- • It has a limited period. You can restore data that has been lost within a week
- • It may not always recover the lost photos
Extra Points! (We can help)
Dr.Fone toolkit can help more than just data recovery. Our tools are the best at the job and can soothe you in any situation with tested solutions. Try it and you will feel more connected with your devices.
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer