How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
Using WhatsApp is easy. This is why it is one of the most popular messaging services in the world. However, there are instances when you lose your WhatsApp messages and their attachments for one reason or another. Whether you lost them through accidental deletion or any other method, getting them back is important, especially when you have important information on the messages and you had yet to create a backup. Getting them back, however, doesn't have to be hard. Here we will be looking at how you can get your lost or deleted or current messages back whether you use an Android device or an iOS device.
To restore deleted WhatsApp messages on Android, you will need Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android), the World's 1st Android data recovery software.
Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery(WhatsApp Recovery on Android)
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document & WhatsApp.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
How to use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) to Recover Deleted WhatsApp messages
Here's how to make use of Dr.Fone to restore your deleted messages.
Step 1 Run Dr.Fone on your PC and then connect your Android device using USB cables.
Step 2 In the next window, choose "WhatsApp messages & attachments" to allow Dr.Fone to only scan for these files.
Step 3 Dr.Fone will start to scan phone data.
Step 4 After scanning, Dr. Fone for Android will display the results in the next window. Select the WhatsApp messages and attachments that you want to recover and click on "Recover."You will recover all WhatsApp Messages and Attachments on your computer. Now your deleted WhatsApp messages have been restored on your computer.
The solution is the World's 1st Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) for iPhone users.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Recover iPhone data by scanning your iPhone, extracting iTunes and iCloud backup files.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from the iPhone, iTunes, and iCloud backup.
- Fix iOS to normal without losing data such as recovery mode, bricked iPhone, white screen, etc.
- Selectively backup and restore current WhatsApp conversations on your iOS device.
- Back up and export iOS device data selectively to your computer according to your need.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS versions and iOS device models.
How to use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to restore current WhatsApp messages
You can easily restore WhatsApp messages on your iPhone by following these very simple steps.
Step 1 Launch Dr.Fone on your PC and then connect your iPhone. By default, the program should recognize your device and show "Recover from the iOS device."
Step 2 Click on "Start Scan" to allow Dr. Fone to scan the device. Wait for the scanning process to complete. You can click on "Pause" if you see the files you are looking for at some point during the process.
Step 3 Choose the WhatsApp Messages files you want to recover from the next window and click on "Recover." Choose "recover to device" to restore the messages to your phone.
You can also use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to restore WhatsApp messages from your iCloud backup. You will need your iCloud login information and Dr.Fone. Here's how:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone. Choose "Recover from iCloud Backup Files" on the top. Enter your iCloud account ID and password to sign in to your iCloud account.
Step 2 Once you are logged in, you will see all the available iCloud backups in your account. Choose the most likely to contain the messages you want to restore and click on the "Download" button.
Step 3 In the pop-up window that appears, you will be requested to select the types of files you want to download. Choose WhatsApp messages and WhatsApp attachments and click on "Next" to continue.
Step 4 The scanning process will take a few minutes. Once it is done, you will be able to see all the WhatsApp messages and their attachments. Select the ones you would like to recover and then click on "Recover to Computer."
WhatsApp has turned out to be the primary source of communication for many people around the world. As it operates using the internet, the messages sent and received can be saved by the user. WhatsApp usually asks users to back their messages across Google Drive or iCloud for keeping a record. Hence, if the user deletes their WhatsApp messages by accident, they can quickly restore them from their backup drive.
Restore WhatsApp Deleted Messages on Android
With a backup across Google Drive, you need to follow the steps for recovering your deleted WhatsApp messages across your Android.
Step 1 Before restoring your messages, you need to uninstall WhatsApp from your device. Re-install the application from Google Play Store and launch the application.
Step 2 After launching WhatsApp on your Android device, you need to verify your phone number to proceed further.
Step 3 Over verification, a pop-up appears asking for restoring all chats on your WhatsApp. Tap on “Restore” to execute the process. Tap “Next” and view all your messages and media files restored across WhatsApp.
Restore WhatsApp Deleted Messages on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and face a similar issue related to deleted messages across WhatsApp, you need to follow the steps explained below.
Step 1 First, you need to open WhatsApp and navigate to its “Settings.” Open “Chat Settings” from the options available and tap on “Chat Backup” to confirm the availability of iCloud backup across your WhatsApp.
Step 2 Following this, you need to delete and re-install WhatsApp across your iOS device.
Step 3 Relaunch the application and verify your phone number. Follow the steps to restore your WhatsApp chat history by tapping “Restore Chat History.”
The next time you accidentally delete your WhatsApp messages, don't panic. There are ways to get your messages back. As we have seen above, both Data Recovery (Android ) and Data Recovery (iOS) make it very easy to get your messages back. It is, however, important to note that having a backup for your WhatsApp messages is a great backup plan. It will eliminate all the frantic worry you go through when you realize you have lost your messages.
But perhaps most important to note is that you should avoid using the device the minute you realize you have lost your messages. This will prevent your deleted messages from being overwritten and make it easy for iPhone Data Recovery and Android Data Recovery to get them back for you.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer