How to Access and Download Whatsapp Folder Contents
WhatsApp is a constant routine that everyone forges. From waking up to going bed – WhatsApp seemingly stays in every walk of one’s life. And, what’s more interesting about Whatsapp is the media (say the videos, images etc.) shared amongst folks and family.
But, have you ever pondered where the media is stored? Where can you locate WhatsApp folder in Android or iPhone? Or perhaps, how to access WhatsApp backup folder or images folder? If these are your queries too, we’re glad to have you here. We’re not just going to locate WhatsApp database folder in iPhone or Android but will also explore where WhatsApp folder is! Stay tuned.
Part 1: Where to find the WhatsApp folder
Let us now discover where you can find WhatsApp folder on different platforms. Check out the following section.
1.1 For Android WhatsApp folder
When you’re having an Android device, you need to follow the below mentioned path in order to access your shared WhatsApp files.
- Firstly, get to your ‘File Manager’ or ‘File Browser’ according to your device.
- Then, you’ll find ‘Internal Storage’. Tap on it and scroll down for ‘WhatsApp’.
- Lastly, go to ‘Media’ and here you can locate the files/images/videos/audios shared on WhatsApp.
1.2 For iOS WhatsApp folder
If you own an iPhone and want to see your WhatsApp media files, here are the steps to be followed.
- First of all, you need to enable WhatsApp to get your files saved in your device. For this, head to ‘WhatsApp’ app and tap ‘Settings’ after opening it.
- Go to ‘Chats’ and pick out the media to be saved.
- Lastly, tap ‘Save incoming media’. Once done, you can get the medial files in your native ‘Photos’ app of your iPhone.
1.3 For Windows WhatsApp folder
In case you have installed WhatsApp on your Windows PC, here is the path to find your WhatsApp files and media.
1.4 For Mac WhatsApp folder
When having Mac computer, go along with the following mentioned path.
1.5 For folder of WhatsApp Web
Many people still take help of WhatsApp web instead of desktop application. If you’re one of those, then you would certainly like to know how to access WhatsApp files/folders depends on your web browser. In other words, it is simply based on what web browser are you using and then you can access your files in Downloads folder accordingly.
Part 2: How to download WhatsApp folder contents
Designed to fulfill every need of the users, dr.fone is one of its kind toolkit that one can have. To download WhatsApp folder and data, you can simply take assistance of dr.fone – Recover (iOS).
Note: If you have an Android device, then use dr.fone – Recover (Android) to download WhatsApp folder contents. This section just takes iOS WhatsApp folder download as an example. But the steps are similar on Android.
Best solution to download iOS WhatsApp folder contents
- Downloads contents of WhatsApp folder from your iOS device in a hassle free way.
- Greatly works with the latest iOS i.e. iOS 13, and latest iPhone XS/XR/XS Max/X/8 (Plus) models.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Privilege to preview WhatsApp folder content before downloading.
- Grants ease of recovering data directly from your iOS device or iCloud or iTunes.
- Can easily retrieve lost data of more than 15+ major data types such as bookmarks, voicemail, contacts, photos etc.
- Can effectively, retrieve the lost data due to jailbreak, ROM flash, factory reset or updating etc.
Step-by-step tutorial to download WhatsApp folder contents from iOS:
Step 1: First things first, install dr.fone toolkit on your system and launch it. Click the ‘Recover’ tab from the mainscreen.
Step 2: Meanwhile, draw connection of your iPhone with system. Aslo, ensure to disable auto-sync with iTunes before moving any further. To do this, launch iTunes.
Windows: Hit on ‘Edit’ > ‘Preferences’ > ‘Devices’ > checkmark the ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from automatically syncing’ option.
Mac: Hit on ‘iTunes’ menu > ‘Preferences’ > ‘Devices’ > checkmark the ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from automatically syncing’ option.
Step 3: From the upcoming screen, hit the ‘Recover from iOS device’ tab labeled on the left panel. Then, opt for the ‘WhatsApp & Attachments’ data type. Hit ‘Start Scan’ button afterwards.
Step 4: Once, dr.fone – Recover (iOS) is done with scanning, it will load all the detected ‘WhatsApp’ and ‘WhatsApp Attachments’ data on the results page. Simply, select the data that you wish to download from WhatsApp folder on iPhone and then hit ‘Recover to Computer’ button.
Part 3: How to unhide WhatsApp image folder
Have you recently noticed that your WhatsApp images folder is no longer visible in your Gallery? Well, that may not actually happened due to data loss, there is a chance that it might have gone into hidden state. In order to unhide WhatsApp images folder, you need to follow down the steps in the said order and gain back access to your WhatsApp images folder within the Gallery app.
- Quickly get hold of your device and launch the ‘File Manager’ application.
- Look out for ‘Whatsapp directory’ and tap on ‘Media’ folder.
- Now, hit on the ‘More’ or ‘3 horizontal/vertical dots’ for settings.
- Look out for ‘Show hidden files/folders’ option and then hit on it.
- Now, switch back to ‘.nomedia’ file followed by clicking on ‘delete’. Provide consent of your actions by clicking on ‘Ok’.
- Lastly, go to phone’s gallery as all your WhatsApp images will be clearly visible there!!
Part 4: How to move WhatsApp folder to SD card
Perhaps, your phone might be running out of space and the most obvious reason is the WhatsApp media data that you receive often, right? Then, we have one considerable means to gain more disk space. Simply, move all your WhatsApp folder data to your SD card. Here is how you can do that:
- First of all, load the ‘file browser/manager’ app on your Android device.
- Next, open the ‘Internal storage’ files from where you can locate the ‘WhatsApp folder’.
- Within the WhatsApp folder, look out for a folder under the name of ‘Media’.
- Then, tap and hold on it to select it. Now, you need to hit on ‘Cut’ from the available options.
- Next, select the destination as ‘External Storage’, then hit on ‘More’ or ‘3 horizontal/vertical dots’ and make a folder under the name of ‘WhatsApp’ by tapping on ‘New Folder’ option.
- Tap on the new WhatsApp folder on your SD card to access it and then hit the ‘Paste’ option. In a short while your WhatsApp images folder will be moved to SD card from the internal memory.
Note: In some devices, there are no native file manager apps. In this case, you can also look out and install file browsing apps like ES File Explorer File Manager from Google Play!
- WhatsApp Backup
- Restore WhatsApp
- Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to Android
- Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone
- Restore iPhone WhatsApp
- Get Back WhatsApp
- How to Use GT WhatsApp Recovery
- Get Back WhatsApp Without Backup
- Best WhatsApp Recovery Apps
- Recover WhatsApp Online
- WhatsApp Tactics