How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp 2023? (iPhone & Android)
In a world where instant communication is key, WhatsApp has become a staple. Yet, its auto-download feature can be a double-edged sword, filling your gallery with pictures and videos you didn't necessarily want. But fear not! This article delves into the simple yet crucial process of stopping auto-downloads on WhatsApp. Discover how to regain control over your storage space and data usage, customizing your media experience according to your preferences. From steps that empower you to choose what gets downloaded to your device, to ensure your data plan isn't unexpectedly consumed, this guide unlocks a more streamlined and intentional use of WhatsApp.
Part 1. How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android?
To stop auto-downloads of media files (such as photos, videos, and documents) in WhatsApp on both iPhone and Android devices, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Open WhatsApp and click on the setting button that you would in the bottom right, and then click on storage usage.
- Step 2. You will then see the media auto-download option on the top.
- Step 3. Select the “never” option for all photos videos and documents.
- Step 4. You can surely stop photos from automatically getting into the camera roll by going into the chats option in settings and then click on the ‘save to camera roll’ option. Afterward, turn it off, and you will surely not be receiving any photos in your photos now.
Now coming towards our next mobile operating system, which is the Android mobile. By using these simple steps, you can stop WhatsApp from saving photos in the gallery of your Android.
- Step 1. Open WhatsApp where there will be the main screen and then click on the three vertical dots and then move to settings.
- Step 2. Click on the chat setting and then to media auto-download. Disable auto-downloads of images, audio, and video.
By adjusting these settings, you can control which types of media files are automatically downloaded when you are on mobile data, Wi-Fi, or roaming. Keep in mind that disabling auto-downloads will require you to manually tap on media files to download them.
Please note that the menu and options might vary slightly depending on the version of WhatsApp and the operating system version you are using.
Part 2. How to Save Pictures from WhatsApp?
The next question that we always get from our readers is how can we save pictures after disabling the camera roll option, how can you again save images from WhatsApp? Here are some steps:
How to Save pictures from WhatsApp on iPhone?
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Then open the chats in which you want to save pictures or videos.
- Afterward, click on the image or video you want to save and then click on the share option.
- Click on the save option, and then you're ready to go.
How to Dave pictures from WhatsApp on Android?
Like iPhone, you can also download photos from WhatsApp on an Android phone as
- Step 1. Open the chat screen of WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Step 2. Select the conversation in which you want to download images.
- Step 3. Select the image and then click Save to the device.
- Step 4. You can watch your photos in the gallery section of the Android phone.
Bonus Tip. How to Back Up WhatsApp Data and Restore It to Another Device?
Having tackled how to off auto download in WhatsApp, let's now pivot to another critical aspect: "How to back up or transfer WhatsApp?" In this interconnected digital realm, ensuring a seamless transfer of conversations and memories becomes paramount. From controlling auto downloads to preserving data, we're about to explore the pivotal steps in maintaining your WhatsApp experience across devices.
Transfer, Backup WhatsApp Chats Easily
- Backup iOS/Android WhatsApp messages/photos to PC.
- Transfer WhatsApp messages between any two devices (iPhone or Android).
- Restore WhatsApp messages to any iOS or Android device.
- Absolutely secure process during WhatsApp message transfer, backup & restore.
In this part, we intend to describe to you all is how you can back up WhatsApp on PC using Dr.Fone. Here is the quick guide step by step:
- Step 1. First and foremost, you need to download this tool, and afterward, you need to click on the WhatsApp Transfer tab.
- Step 2. Onwards, you need to click on the “Backup WhatsApp messages” from the interface program. In the next step, you need to connect the iPhone you're using with a lightning cable, as given in the picture.
- Step 3. You then need to spare some time for Dr.Fone. WhatsApp will automatically find your device, and the scanning process will eventually start. After some time, you will get the backup.
- Step 4. You would find the view button on the screen. Click it if you want to preview your data. If not, move to the next step.
- Step 5. In the given screen, you will get all your WhatsApp backup. Click on the “View” button, and then press next.
- Step 6. In the last step, click on the “Recover to Computer” button or “Restore to Device” button, and you're ready to go.
Here’s the deal, by keeping up with the frequently asked questions over how to operate an application within your Android or iPhone can help you keep yourselves away from any problem. With this article, whether it is your Android phone or your iPhone, you can quickly get rid of the issues of auto downloading in WhatsApp, getting your pictures saved from your WhatsApp in the gallery, and backing up your WhatsApp on your PC with the help of Dr.Fone. A detailed overview of this article is all that you need to get rid of these issues. We are sure that after reading this article, you won’t be facing any more issues handling your WhatsApp in the future.
- WhatsApp Transfer
- 1. Save Whatsapp Audio
- 2. Transfer WhatsApp Photos to PC
- 3. WhatsApp from iOS to iOS
- 4. WhatsApp from iOS to PC
- 5. WhatsApp from Android to iOS
- 6. WhatsApp from iOS to Android
- 7. WhatsApp from Huawei to Android
- 8. Switch Between WhatsApp and GBWhatsApp
- 9. Transfer GBWhatsApp to New Phone
- 10. WhatsApp Template for Holidays
- 11. WhatsApp Template to Sell More
- WhatsApp Backup
- 1. Access WhatsApp Backup
- 2. WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- 3. Backup WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Backup WhatsApp Photos/Videos
- 5. Backup WhatsApp to PC
- 6. Backup WhatsApp to Mac
- 7. WhatsApp Backup Stuck
- 8. Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iCloud
- WhatsApp Restore
- 1. Top Free WhatsApp Recovery Tools
- 2. Best WhatsApp Recovery Apps
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 4. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 5. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 6. Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- 7. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Images
- 8. WhatsApp Restoring Media Stuck
- 9. Restore Old WhatsApp Backup
- 10. See Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Tips
- 1. Best WhatsApp Status
- 2. Best WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Most Popular WhatsApp Ringtones
- 4. Best WhatsApp Mod Apps
- 5. Get WhatsApp on iPod/iPad/Tablet
- 6. Access Whatsapp Folder
- 7. Delete WhatsApp Account
- 8. Hide WhatsApp Ticks
- 9. Hack WhatsApp Account
- 10. Verify WhatsApp without SIM
- 11. Unlock WhatsApp Without Password
- 12. WhatsApp Plus Download
- 13. YoWhatsApp Download
- WhatsApp Problems
- 1. WhatsApp Common Problems
- 2. WhatsApp Calls Not Working
- 3. Whatsapp Not Working on iPhone
- 4. WhatsApp Backup Stuck
- 5. WhatsApp Not Connecting
- 6. WhatsApp Not Downloading Images
- 7. WhatsApp Not Sending Messages
- 8. Couldn‘t Restore Chat History
- 9. WhatsApp Not Showing Contact Names
- WhatsApp Business Manage
- 1. WhatsApp Business for PC
- 2. WhatsApp Business Web
- 3. WhatsApp Business for iOS
- 4. Add WhatsApp Business Contacts
- 5. Backup & Restore WhatsApp Business
- 6. Convert a WhatsApp Account to a Business Account
- 7. Change A WhatsApp Business Account to Normal
- 8. WhatsApp Notifications Are Not Working
- Other Social Apps Manage