Have you ever got the error of freezing the Android device home screen? Or the notification light keeps blinking without anything shown on display? Then you are facing Android black screen of death.
This scenario is common with many Android mobile users and they always hunt for solutions to get rid of this Android black screen problem. Here are some more situations that can assure you that you are facing Android black screen of death.
- The light of the phone is blinking but the device is not responding.
- The phone is hanging and freezing very frequently.
- The mobile is rebooting and crashing more often and the battery is draining a lot faster.
- Phone restarts on its own.
If you face these situations, you might be facing the Android black screen of death issue. Follow this article and we’ll discuss how to get rid of this annoying problem in ease.
Part 1: Why Android device gets black screen of death?
The Android devices can face this Android black screen of death due to a certain number of circumstances like:
- Installing incompatible app or apps with bugs and virus
- Keep mobile charged for long after it’s fully charged.
- Using a non-compatible charger.
- Using an old battery.
If you face the situations mentioned above, this is clearly a case of Android screen black. Now, you need to follow the article below to get rid of this situation on your own.
Part 2: How to rescue data when Android gets black screen of death?
This annoying Android black screen of death is making it impossible to access your internal data. So, the possibility is that you might lose all the data. We have a solution for all of your data recovery problem from a damaged Android device.
The solution for recovery data is the Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) toolkit by Wondershare. This tool is highly appreciated worldwide and very popular for its feature-rich user interface. This tool can perform a lot of functions that can successfully recover the data from a damaged device.
Use this revolutionary toolkit to get the data back from the tablet black screen of death. Connect the device with the PC after installing this tool and follow the on-screen instruction and all of your data will be transferred to your PC. Unfortunately, the tool is supported on selected Samsung Android devices as of now.
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Part 3: 4 solutions to fix the black screen of death of Android
3.1 One click to fix the black screen of death
Facing an Android device with a black screen of death, I believe, is one of the gloomiest moments of one's life, especially for those who know little about the technical part of Android. But here is the truth we have to admit: most cases for the black screen of death arise due to system glitches in Android.
What to do? Shall we find someone who is tech-savvy to seek help? Come on, this is the 21st century, and there are always one-click solutions to deal with technical issues for laymen like you and me.
Fix black screen of death for Android in one click
- Fix all Android system issues like a black screen of death, OTA update failures, etc.
- Update the firmware of Android devices. No technical skills required.
- Support all the new Samsung devices like Galaxy S8, S9, etc.
- Click-through operations to bring Android out of the black screen of death.
Here are the easy steps to get your Android device out of the black screen of death:
- Download and install the Dr.Fone tool. After launching it, you can see the following screen pop up.
- Select "System Repair" from the first row of functions, and then click on the middle tab "Android Repair".
- Click "Start" to commence Android system repairing. In the next screen, select and confirm your Android model details like name, model, country, etc. and go on.
- Boot your Android into Download mode by following the on-screen demonstrations.
- Then the tool will download the Android firmware and flash the new firmware to your Android device.
- A moment later, your Android device will be repaired completely, and the black screen of death will be fixed.
Video guide: How to fix Android black screen of death step by step
3.2 Wipe cache partition to fix black screen of death
The commonly used solution to overcome Android black screen of death is to clear the cache of the device. Sometimes fulfil of the cache memory can be the result of this Android screen black. So, for the solution, you need to clear the cache of your device. Follow the step by step instruction to know how to do that.
Step 1 – Firstly, power off your Android device by long-tapping the power button.
Step 2 – Now, boot into recovery mode by pressing the Volume up + Power + Home button altogether. If this combination does not work for you, search on the internet for your specific model.
Step 3 – Now your device will boot into recovery mode. Here you can see many options. Use the volume up and down button to navigate to the option “Wipe cache”
Step 4 – Select this option by tapping on the power button. Confirm your action by selecting “yes” from the given option and navigating by the volume keys.
Step 5 – Now, your device will clear all the cache and you can see a highlighted message saying “reboot system now”. Select it by the power button.
Step 6 – The device will reboot. This may take a little longer to complete the process So be patience.
After rebooting, you can see that you have successfully got rid of the annoying Android black screen of death. For most of the cases, this method solves the problem. If not, you have to move to the next method.
3.3 Uninstall incompatible Apps to fix black screen of death
Android screen black can be a result of installing a bug or incompatible apps. If you have recently installed an app that crashes frequently, that may be the reason for the issue. Uninstalling the app from the device may solve the problem with ease. For doing this, you need to boot your device on in Safe mode. Follow the below steps.
Step 1 – Switch off your device. Now switch it on again.
Step 2 – When you can see the boot logo, press and hold the volume down button until the lock screen appears.
Step 3 – After successful completion of this, you can see a “safe mode” written at the bottom of your device and thus you can understand that you have successfully entered into the safe mode.
Step 4 – Now, go to the settings and select “Application Manager” and select the app which you guess can create a problem. Tap on the app and you can find the “Uninstall” option. Click on it to uninstall.
Step 5 – Now restart the device by pressing the power button and let it boot up in normal mode.
If the app is the reason for Android black screen of death, then after uninstalling, you can get rid of this issue. If not, now you have to factory reset your device to solve the problem.
3.4 Factory reset to fix Android black screen of death
The factory reset is the option which enables the factory state of your device by erasing all data, settings, bugs, and apps. Your device will be fresh like factory condition after this reset. Worth mentioning here, you’ll lose all the internal data and installed apps after this reset. So, to overcome Android tablet black screen of death, you must perform this action as the last option. Follow the below steps carefully.
Step 1 – Turn off the device. Then press the Volume up + power button + home button altogether and let the mobile boot into recovery mode.
Step 2 – After booting up in recovery mode, you can find “Factory data reset” option. Navigate to that option with the volume up and down arrow and select it with the power button.
Step 3 – In this step, you need to confirm your action by tapping on the “Yes” option. After this, your device will start erasing. This may take a while to complete the whole process.
Now, your device will reboot automatically and you can see the Android black screen of death problem is solved.
These are the general methods to overcome the situation of Android screen black. But to avoid this situation, here are a few tips to follow –
- Install apps from trusted suppliers only.
- Use a security or antivirus software on your device.
- Take a backup at regular interval.
- Always keep Android OS update.
- Don’t keep your mobile charged for a long duration after a full charge.
- If your battery gets old, replace it soon.
By following these steps, you should avoid this situation and you must follow these instructions. Because we all know that “Prevention is always better than cure”.
- Android Boot Issues
- Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- Phone Keep Turning Off
- Flash Dead Android Phone
- Android Black Screen of Death
- Fix Soft Bricked Android
- Boot Loop Android
- Android Blue Screen of Death
- Tablet White Screen
- Reboot Android
- Fix Bricked Android Phones
- LG G5 Won't Turn On
- LG G4 Won't Turn On
- LG G3 Won't Turn On