ONN Tablet Screen Not Working: Ways to Fix This Problem
ONN tablets have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their portability, versatility, and convenience. They are used for various purposes, such as entertainment, communication, and productivity. However, like any electronic device, ONN tablets can experience technical issues that may hinder their functionality. One common problem is the ONN tablet screen not working. It has several possible causes. Thankfully, it also has several possible solutions.
Of course, you can always find and pay an expert to have your tablet fixed. But why do that when you can fix your tablet yourself? Please continue reading to learn how to troubleshoot and fix your ONN tablet when this happens. This article will provide you with 7 possible solutions for the unresponsive ONN tablet screen problem.
Note: Some of these solutions would need you to wait for the screen to be responsive again first.
- Solution 1: Force Restart Your ONN Tablet
- Solution 2: Check the Battery and Charger
- Solution 3: Free Some RAM to Enhance Tablet Performance
- Solution 4: Back Up Your Data and Factory Reset
- Solution 5: Clean the Tablet’s Screen
- Solution 6: Contact Customer Service
- Solution 7: Use Apps To Detect Unresponsive Zones (For example, Use Dr. Fone Repair)
What Causes ONN Tablet Screen Unresponsiveness?
Before discussing how to fix ONN tablet screen unresponsiveness, you should first understand the root of the problem. Why does this happen? By knowing this, you can prevent the problem from recurring.
Possibly, your device is soft-bricked. The power button is working, but everything else is frozen due to some errors. Other reasons are:
- You dropped the tablet, or it has experienced a great impact. That could have dislodged the touch screen digitizer. This part is responsible for making your tablet respond to touch.
- The environment can also make the tablet screen insensitive. Magnetic fields, static electricity, extreme temperatures, dirt, and sweat are some affecting factors.
- Failure to update the firmware can also cause the tablet to misbehave. Your device may be missing important software files required to make it run smoothly, or the files are not installed properly.
- Sometimes, personal settings interfering with the tablet's software can also make the screen unresponsive.
- Opening an app larger than what your tablet can handle can also cause screen unresponsiveness.
- You may have downloaded apps or files that put malware on your device.
The good news is that an unresponsive screen is not an indication that you should buy a new tablet. You can still save the device. The solutions are simple, too. So you don't have to be really tech-savvy to do them yourself.
Without further ado, here are the things you can do to make your ONN tablet screen respond to touch again.
7 Solutions To Solve ONN Tablet Screen Unresponsive
These are 7 things you can do to fix the problem with your tablet's touch screen.
Solution 1: Force Restart Your ONN Tablet
Restarting your device when experiencing problems is wise. It ends all the running programs - and the problems they are causing - when the power leaves the device. When the tablet turns on again, you'll have a blank slate. And so, your touchscreen will work again.
How to force-restart your ONN tablet when the screen is unresponsive:
- Press and hold the volume up and the power button simultaneously to get to the Select a Boot Mode window.
- Use the volume up or down button to select Recovery Mode. Use the power button to confirm.
- Gently press the volume up and power buttons simultaneously.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Solution 2: Check the Battery and Charger
If your tablet has an empty battery, it will turn off. Thus, the screen will not respond to touch.
- Charge your tablet.
- Leave it for about an hour.
- Come back to check. Turn your tablet on.
- Test if the touchscreen is now working.
Solution 3: Free Some RAM to Enhance Tablet Performance
Tablets can multitask. You can have multiple programs open at once (but only one will show on the screen). However, so many apps running in the background can cause performance issues. It can make your screen unresponsive. So, it's recommended that you close all unused applications. In turn, this will make more RAM available, enabling your tablet to run smoothly.
Solution 4: Back Up Your Data and Factory Reset
If you suspect that malware is causing the problem, you should factory reset the ONN tablet. Please know that this will delete all data in the device. So create a backup first by syncing your tablet with a Google account. If you don't mind losing what's on your tablet, you can skip that step.
Here's how to factory reset an ONN tablet:
- Press and hold the tablet's power button.
- Hold the power button and the volume down button until you see the ONN logo on the screen.
- Use the volume up or down buttons to get to Recovery Mode. Press the power button to enter this mode.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition.
- Go back to the main menu. This time, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Choose Yes.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Solution 5: Clean the Tablet’s Screen
Accumulated dirt, dust, and fingerprints on the screen can make it not work. Touchscreens function best when they are clean. That said, you can clean your screen to attempt to make it responsive again.
We suggest using a microfiber cloth so that it won't leave any scratches on the screen. Thoroughly clean it, and clean the case as well, just to be sure. This very simple solution can solve your problem.
Please remember to clean your hands before using your ONN tablet in the future. It will prevent a repeat of what happened.
Solution 6: Contact Customer Service
Suppose you have tried all the solutions you can think of. But still, your ONN tablet's touch screen remains unresponsive. You can contact the brand's customer service to ask for help. They will know what to do.
Solution 7: Use Apps To Detect Unresponsive Zones (For example, Use Dr. Fone Repair)
You should not disregard third-party applications. The right one can help you solve your problem with the ONN tablet's touch screen. Dr. Fone is a fantastic software app for this. Don't worry; you don't need to install this on your ONN tablet, which has an unresponsive screen. That would be impossible. Instead, you install this on your computer.
Dr. Fone has a feature called System Repair. It scans and fixes various system issues. Do you know what the best thing about that is? It does not require any skill! Dr. Fone takes care of everything for you.
Here are the steps for fixing your ONN tablet with Dr. Fone System Repair:
- Back up your tablet's data because this process may erase all data on the device.
- Launch Dr. Fone on your computer.
- Select System Repair from the main window.
- Connect your ONN tablet to the computer using the correct cable.
- Select Android Repair.
- Fill out the "Device Information" form with the correct brand, name, model, country/region, and carrier details.
- Tick the checkbox at the bottom right to confirm that you have read the warning and agree with it.
- Type 000000 to confirm.
Tips for Keeping ONN Tablet Screen Responsive
After reading all those solutions, perhaps you now have an idea of how to prevent your ONN tablet screen from being unresponsive.
One takeaway is to keep the touchscreen always clean. Nothing has ever functioned better when it is dirty. Likewise, you have to keep your tabs tidy. Don't leave apps running in the background if you're not using them again for hours. Ensure to close them to make more RAM available. Updating your tablet's software in time is also a wise idea.
And just to be safe, you can use Dr. Fone to back up your data or manage your tablet. The next time your ONN tablet experiences issues, there will not be much of a hassle.
ONN tablet screens not working is not that big of a problem. It can easily be fixed. The best thing is that you can do it yourself, and it does not require skills. All you need is knowledge about the possible solutions and steps to execute them.
Using Dr. Fone is a surefire way to fix the issue. Why spend time troubleshooting and trying different solutions if you can launch this app and call it a day? It is so fast and efficient!
After fixing the touch screen, please remember the things that can cause that problem. It will help you avoid that situation again.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Android Update
- 1. Download and Use Samsung Odin
- 2. Samsung Phone Stuck in Odin Mode
- 3. Android 9 Pie Problems & Fixes
- 4. Latest Updates in Android 11
- 5. Update Android Oreo 8.1
- Android Not Working
- 1. Solution To Bricked Android Phone
- 2. Fix 'Android Phone Won't Turn On'
- 3. Fix the Soft Bricked Android Phone
- 4. Flash Dead Android Phone
- 5. Fix Phone Keep Turning Off
- 6. Fix Android Bootloop Problem
- 7. Fix Android Phones and Tablets
- Android Errors
- 1. Fix Error 495 While Download Apps
- 2. Fix Error 505 in Google Play Store
- 3. Fixes For Authentication Error
- 4. Fix Error Code 963 on Google Play
- 5. Fix Error Code 920 In Google Play
- 6. Fix Encryption Error
- Screen Problems
- 1. Fix Unresponsive Fire Tablet Screen
- 2. Fix Unresponsive Android Screen
- 3. Fix Android Screen Problem
- 4. Fix Phone Is Stuck on Boot Screen
- 5. Fixes for Tablet Screen Not Working
- 6. Tools for Removing Stuck Pixels
- 7. Fix Android Black Screen of Death
- 8. Fix Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- 9. Fix Android White Screen of Death
- 10.Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
- 11.Fix ONN Tablet Screen Not Working
- 12.Fix Android Touch Screen Proble
- 13.Fix Smartphone With a Black Screen
- 14.Fix Realme Screen Not Responding
- 15.Fix Phone Screen Not Responding
- Android Problems