Android is undoubtedly amongst the best smartphone platforms but comes with its own share of glitches. The Android screen of death is observed by many users all over the world who complain of their device screen turning blue rendering their phone/tablet unresponsive. This is called Android blue screen of death and it usually occurs when your turn on your device by pressing the Power On button but your device does not boot up normally and remains stuck at a plain blue screen without any error message.
Such an Android screen of death is caused by a temporary software crash but can also occur due to certain hardware issues. We understand the inconvenience caused to your when you see Android blue screen of death. Here are ways to fix the error and a great software to extract all your data to keep it unaltered and safe.
Read on to know more about Android screen of death and ways to combat it.
Part 1: How to rescue data on Samsung with blue screen of death?
The Android blue screen of death issue is not a difficult problem to deal with and can be fixed by you by following the easy steps given in this article. We suggest to all readers to rescue the data stored on their Android devices to prevent data loss and keep it stored in your PC from where it can be accessed and recovered by you anytime, anywhere. This task might sound tedious, but, we have for you dr.fone - Data Recovery (Android) , a software specially designed to retrieve data from broken and damaged Samsung phones and tabs, especially Samsung devices, and keep it safe in your PC without tampering with it or altering its format. It efficiently extracts data from broken or unresponsive Samsung devices, phones/tabs stuck at black/blue screen or whose system crashed due to a virus attack.
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Follow the steps given below to extract data when you experience Android screen of death:
1. Download, install and run dr.fone - Data Recovery (Android) tool on your PC. Connect your device using a USB cable and move on to the main screen of the software.
2. Once you launch the software, you will see many tabs before you. Click on “Data Recovery” and then choose "Recover Data from Android" from the program's screen.
3. You will now have before you different file types recognized by your Android device which can be extracted and stored on the PC. By default, all content will be checked but you can unmark the ones you do not wish to retrieve. Once you are done selecting the data, hit “Next”.
4. In this step, choose from the two options before you the true nature of your device as shown in the screenshot below.
5. You will now be asked to feed in your phone’s model type and name as shown in the screenshot below. Give correct details for the software to identify your device smoothly and hit “Next”.
6. In this step, refer to the instructions in your device manual to enter into Download Mode on your Android device and hit “Next”. An example of what to do to reach Download Mode is shown below.
7. Finally, let the software recognize your Android device, and start to download the recovery package for your device.
8. Once it does, you will be able to preview all the files on the screen in front of you before you hit “Recover to Computer”.
The process may take up to a few minutes and once it's done all your files will be extracted and stored on your PC. You can now move on to troubleshooting the problem without the fear of losing all your important data.
Part 2: One click to fix Android blue screen of death
We understand how annoying it is to see the Android blue screen of death and fail to access your device data. But, with dr.fone –Repair (Android), your troubles would burst away.
This software effectively fixes Android screen of death issue along with app crashing, bricked or unresponsive device, stuck on Samsung logo etc. All Android issues are well taken care of by dr.fone - System Repair (Android) with one click.
Easy and effective solution to fix Android blue screen of death
- Every kind of Android system error and problem is resolved.
- It is a premier Android repair software in the market.
- All latest Samsung devices are supported by this program.
- Android blue screen of death can be fixed within a single click.
- Easy to use and no technical skills needed to operate it.
Note: Backing up your device is significant before you carry out the Android repair process. As the process of fixing Android blue screen of death issue may erase data from your Android device. So backing up your Android seems a viable option.
Phase 1: Connecting your Android after preparing it
Step 1: Installation and running dr.fone - System Repair (Android) on your system takes you to the main screen. Choose the ‘System Repair’ option followed by connecting the Android device.
Step 2: Press the ‘Android Repair’ option before tapping the ‘Start’ button.
Step 3: Over the device information window, select all relevant data about your device followed by the ‘Next’ button.
Phase 2: Initiate repairing after entering ‘Download’ mode
Step 1: Get the device in ‘Download’ mode for fixing Android blue screen of death issue. Here is how –
- On a ‘Home’ button-less device – you need to switch off the device. Now, hold the ‘Volume Down’, ‘Power’ and ‘Bixby’ keys together for about 10 seconds and release. Hit the ‘Volume Up’ key to get into ‘Download’ mode.
- On a ‘Home’ button device – shut down the Android phone/tablet, and then push ‘Power’, ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Home’ keys till 10 seconds. Let go of the keys and press the ‘Volume Up’ key for entering ‘Download’ mode.
Step 2: Tap the ‘Next’ button for downloading firmware.
Step 3: dr.fone - System Repair (Android) would verify the firmware post download. It will start repairing Android system automatically.
Part 3: Remove phone battery to fix blue screen of death.
The best home remedy to fix any kind of Android screen of death removes the device’s battery. This technique might sound too simple, but it has solved the Android blue screen of death issue for many users whose device started normally after reinserting the battery. Here is what you should do.
1. Open the back cover of your Android device and carefully remove its battery.
2. Let the battery be out for 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, long press the power button to drain out any residual charge from your device.
3. Now reinsert the battery and attach the back cover.
4. Turn on your device and see that it boots normally all the way to the Home/Locked Screen without getting stuck at Android blue screen of death.
Note: Not all Android devices allow you to remove their battery. If you own such a device, try the next step as it is your only option to fix the Android blue screen of death problem.
Part 4: How to fix Android blue screen of death by factory reset?
The Android screen of death is a very confusing issue as it freezes your device at a blue screen with no options to navigate further. In such a situation you may consider performing a Factory Reset, better known as Hard Reset as you will need to enter Recovery Mode to implement this technique. Although resting your device will wipe off all its data but you don't need to worry as dr.fone toolkit Android Data Extraction software can retrieve all your files and keep them safe.
Accessing Recovery Mode differs for different Android devices. Thus, we suggest that you consult your device manual to understand how to boot into Recovery Mode on your particular Android device and then follow the steps given below:
Once you are the Recovery Screen, you will see a list of options before you, similar to the screenshot below.
Use the Volume down button to scroll downwards and reach “Wipe data/Factory reset” option.
Now use the power button to select it and eat for the device to reboot automatically.
You will notice that the Android device will turn back on without getting stuck at Android blue screen of death. Now you can set-up your device from scratch.
The Android screen of death, especially Android blue screen of death, is not a very pleasant sight and could worry you. The good news is that this problem can be fixed by you sitting at home without any technical assistance. Follow the simple and east tips given above to reboot your device and use dr.fone toolkit Android Data Extraction (Damaged Device) tool to rescue your data in the most efferent and effective way.
- Android Boot Issues
- Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- Phone Keep Turning Off
- Flash Dead Android Phone
- Android Black Screen of Death
- Fix Soft Bricked Android
- Boot Loop Android
- Android Blue Screen of Death
- Tablet White Screen
- Reboot Android
- Fix Bricked Android Phones
- LG G5 Won't Turn On
- LG G4 Won't Turn On
- LG G3 Won't Turn On