How To Fix Unresponsive Phone Touchscreen
Smartphones nowadays contribute to our daily workflow, whether you’re a student or a professional. They get more sophisticated and add new features every year, making them more attractive with each new release. However, users sometimes deal with their screen touch not working on Android, raising various concerns.
If you are facing a similar issue, this page has all the solutions to teach you what to do if your phone screen is not working. By exploring the different methods below, you will be able to know how to fix a frozen phone touch screen as an Android user. Read on for more information.
Part 1: Top Causes of an Unresponsive Touchscreen
Android has been the best-selling OS since 2011, with over three billion active users. With the release of Android 13, complaints over touch issues on certain Android phones have popped up over the internet. Meanwhile, software updates over the years can sometimes make their phones stuck on the loading screen, causing worry among Android users.
Here are some of the top causes why your phone screen stopped working, mainly for Android.
- Physical Damage
If your Android phone is not responding to touch, it can be due to a cracked LCD causing temperature variants or magnetic fields to malfunction on your Android device.
For iOS users, your iPhone will temporarily stop working if it detects extreme temperatures such as a too-hot or too-cold reading. You should turn off your iPhone and let it cool down or warm to a normal temperature.
- Faulty Applications
Certain apps can sometimes make your phone experience touch issues. Your Android screen may work everywhere except a particular app. In this case, the fault is likely on the app, not your smartphone. It’s recommended to download the latest apps with frequent software updates to prevent malicious apps from corrupting or crashing your phone.
- iOS/Android Software Issues
Your phone screen not responding can also be due to software glitches that your smartphone picks up during regular use. Your iOS/Android device will sometimes freeze or hang if you run too many intensive apps simultaneously. The situation can lead to touch issues when using the phone.
- Dirty Screen or Bad Peripherals
It may not respond properly when an Android device is dirty due to water, sweat, or body oils. It will not be able to take inputs, causing your phone to not respond to touch. A poor screen protector and a tightly pressed phone case will also negatively impact your smartphone.
Part 2: What To Do When Your Smartphone Is Not Responding to Touch
Here is a list of things you should do how to fix a frozen phone touch screen, whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android smartphone.
1. Clean Your Smartphone
Your screen touch not working can sometimes get fixed by simply cleaning the screen on your smartphone. Use a soft dry cloth, gently clean your iPhone or Android device, and ensure water, oils, dirt, or other debris are no longer on your display. If you recently dropped your device in water, turn it off and leave it untouched for the next few hours.
2. Remove Extra Peripherals
Unplug any external device connected to your iPhone’s Lightning port or USB-C if your phone screen stops working. For Android users, meanwhile, disconnect any accessories like chargers or wireless headphones. After that, try using the touchscreen. If it works, the outcome proves that the fault appeared due to the external device.
3. Force Restart Your Device
If your phone screen is still unresponsive,maybe it is overloaded. You should force restart your Android device. It doesn’t delete any data. Here’s how.
Example 1: For Samsung Smart Phones
Here’s how to force restart your smartphone to fix your phone screen that’s not responding.
- Press and hold the Powerand Volume Down buttons simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to force a reboot.
Example 2: For Xiaomi Redmi
If your Xiaomi Redmi phone is stuck on loading screen or “thinking” for a long time without responding, reboot it in just two steps.
Step 1: Press and hold the power button on the right side of the screen, then a screen showing several options appears.
Step 2: Choose Restart, then Accept if a confirmation message spears. Then wait a few seconds or minutes when your device is performing the reboot.
4. Update Your Software
Your smartphone may behave erratically due to software bugs. While these are out of your control, you can quickly fix your phone not responding to touch by simply updating your OS to the latest version. Here’s how.
- For iOS users, go to your iPhone Settings> General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- For Android owners, go to Settings > Software Update. Tap the Check for software updatesto see if a new update is available.
5. Perform a Factory Reset
If nothing helps, your remaining option is to try completing a Factory Reset. Doing this will erase all your data, but this is arguably the quickest way to restore your screen-frozen phone to its factory default settings. Factory Reset is available on Android devices with almost similar steps. Here’s how.
For Android, Samsung Galaxy Series
Step 1: Search and tap the Settings option, and open General management.
Step 2: Swipe the options, find and tap Reset > Factory data reset, and check the information below. Then swipe and press the Reset button.
You might be asked to enter the pin of the security lock on the phone if you’ve set one.
Step 3: You may need to enter your Samsung account password if you have bounded an account to your phone after taping Delete all. Then your Samsung phone will reset. You’ll see its initial setup screen when it turns back on.
Part 3: How to Fix Unresponsive Touchscreen With an Alternative
The methods outlined above usually solve issues on your smartphone not responding to touch. If all else fails, Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS and Android can fix various smartphone issues within less than 10 minutes. The program enables you to fix common scenarios such as black screen, boot loop, bricked iOS or Android, and much more without any required skills.
The key features of Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS and Android are listed below.
- Fix all iOS and Android Problems in Minutes
Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android and iOS allows you to fix your smartphone within less than 10 minutes. For iPhone owners, common issues such as a black screen, white screen of death, iPhone frozen, stuck on a restart loop, or recovery mode can easily be repaired with Dr.Fone. For Android users, meanwhile, problems, including unresponsive screen, black screen of death, boot loop, and more, are done within minutes.
- Supports up to 1000+ Android Models and iOS 16
The program supports all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 16 and iOS 16 beta. Compared to the iTunes store or other methods, the app can quickly fix any iPhone issues without data loss. For Android users, meanwhile, Dr.Fone supports up to 1000+ Android smartphones making it highly versatile even if you’re using an older Android device or the latest models.
Here are the minimum system requirements of Wondershare Dr.Fone (iOS) for your computer.
|Windows: 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11||Support all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 16 & iOS 16 beta|
|macOS: 12, 11, 10.15, 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, or 10.8|
Meanwhile, here are the tech specs for Wondershare Dr.Fone (Android)’s minimum system requirements.
|Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11||Android 2.1 and up|
Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of using Wondershare Dr.Fone (Android)
- Fone – System Repair’s UI for iOS and Android is clutter free and beginner-friendly. You can start repairing your phone right away after installation.
- Repairing your iOS or Android smartphone within less than 10 minutes saves you precious time.
- The iOS and Android versions of Wondershare Dr.Fone are sold separately. You’ll have to get each version of the program if you own a smartphone for both iOS and Android.
The iOS and Android versions of Wondershare Dr.Fone has different price plans. See them below.
Wondershare Dr.Fone (iOS) offers a quarterly, 1-year, and perpetual license, depending on your budget. Here’s the pricing below.
- Quarterly License (1-5 Mobile Devices) - $6.65/Month – With Auto Renew
- 1 Quarter License (1-5 Mobile Devices) - $7.32/Month – No Auto Renew
- 1-Year License (1-5 Mobile Devices) - $4.99/Month – No Auto Renew
- Perpetual License (1-5 Mobile Devices) - $79.95
Wondershare Dr.Fone (Android) price plans are available for a 1-Year or Perpetual License, depending on your budget.
- 1-Year License (1-5 Mobile Devices) - $39.95
- Perpetual License (1-5 Mobile Devices) - $49.95
- 1-Year Business License (Unlimited Devices) - $399.00
How To Fix Unresponsive Touchscreen With Wondershare Dr.Fone
In this step-by-step guide below, you can fix your unresponsive phone screen using Wondershare Dr.Fone on iOS and Android.
Step 1: Download and install Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS or Android on your computer. Launch the app afterward and connect your smartphone.
Step 2A (For iOS): Choose the correct model of your iPhone to download the appropriate firmware package.
Step 2B (For Android): Choose the correct Brand, Name, Model, Country, as well as Carrier, then click Next.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions provided on the main program window and wait for the repair process to complete.
Part 4: People Also Ask
Some common questions you should know when taking care of an unresponsive phone touchscreen are listed below.
1. Why Did My iPhone Screen Go Black After Not Responding to Touch?
Your iPhone screen with a touch issue will sometimes go black after not responding to touch due to several issues. It could be hardware, software, issues with a particular app, software crash, or you have a low battery. If it’s a drained battery, you’re in luck; all you have to do is charge it. Otherwise, you’ll have to perform a force restart on your iPhone to try to reboot it.
2. How Do I Keep My Android From Crashing?
Keeping your apps updated should help you solve app crashing issues that can impact your Android OS. These apps build up large caches throughout your normal usage. Clearing cached data from time to time can drastically improve your smartphone’s performance and prevent touch issues. To remove your app cache, go to Settings > Storage and tap Cached Data.
3. Can I Use Dr.Fone for Free?
Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS and Android is free to download and install. You can also test the first few steps and see if the program supports your device. However, when you click the Fix Now button to start the repair process, you will be required to enter a valid license to activate the program.
Knowing the common causes of an unresponsive phone touchscreen is the first step to preventing it from happening to your smartphone. While there are ways to fix it when it does happen, prevention is better than cure, as most experts say. However, if the methods outlined above don’t work, your best bet is to use a dedicated program such as Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android and iOS.
Wondershare Dr.Fone works on almost all modern smartphones today and can fix a stop-working phone screen within less than 10 minutes. It’s beginner-friendly and doesn’t require advanced technical know-how to use right away.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Android Update
- 1. Download and Use Samsung Odin
- 2. Samsung Phone Stuck in Odin Mode
- 3. Android 9 Pie Problems & Fixes
- 4. Latest Updates in Android 11
- 5. Update Android Oreo 8.1
- Android Not Working
- 1. Solution To Bricked Android Phone
- 2. Fix 'Android Phone Won't Turn On'
- 3. Fix the Soft Bricked Android Phone
- 4. Flash Dead Android Phone
- 5. Fix Phone Keep Turning Off
- 6. Fix Android Bootloop Problem
- 7. Fix Android Phones and Tablets
- Android Errors
- 1. Fix Error 495 While Download Apps
- 2. Fix Error 505 in Google Play Store
- 3. Fixes For Authentication Error
- 4. Fix Error Code 963 on Google Play
- 5. Fix Error Code 920 In Google Play
- 6. Fix Encryption Error
- Screen Problems
- 1. Fix Unresponsive Fire Tablet Screen
- 2. Fix Unresponsive Android Screen
- 3. Fix Android Screen Problem
- 4. Fix Phone Is Stuck on Boot Screen
- 5. Fixes for Tablet Screen Not Working
- 6. Tools for Removing Stuck Pixels
- 7. Fix Android Black Screen of Death
- 8. Fix Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- 9. Fix Android White Screen of Death
- 10.Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
- 11.Fix ONN Tablet Screen Not Working
- 12.Fix Android Touch Screen Proble
- 13.Fix Smartphone With a Black Screen
- 14.Fix Realme Screen Not Responding
- 15.Fix Phone Screen Not Responding
- Android Problems