Ways to Unbrick Your Android Device: Various Ways for Recovery
When your Android phone becomes unresponsive or frozen after mistakenly flashing a ROM or rooting, you are informed that the phone has been bricked. The most terrifying aspect will not just be gadget loss, but also data erasure. However, what exactly is a bricked phone, and, more importantly, how do you fix a bricked Android phone?
This article will explain what a bricked android phone is, why an Android phone becomes bricked, how to unbrick an Android phone without losing data and a third-party application you can use.
Part 1. Causes of Bricked Phones
In everyday settings, our mobile devices have become our greatest friends, therefore breaking your phone is the last thing you want to do. There are different reasons why devices brick, and we must be familiar with them in order to comprehend the various techniques to repair bricked devices.
Here are some common reasons why your Android device is bricked:
- Flashing Stock/Custom ROM:It is possible that you installed an incompatible ROM in the Android phone, that the phone shuts off during the process, or that you have performed other errors that cause your phone to restart indefinitely or to become stuck at the starting screen.
- Rooting an Android device:You are unable to effectively root the device.
- Android firmware is being updated:If the phone is interrupted when updating the Android firmware, it will be bricked.
- Installing harmful applications:You installed harmful programs on your Android phone, or the phone was infected with a virus.
Part 2. How to Fix a Bricked Phone
The first step is to establish how badly your device is bricked. In most cases, you will be working with soft bricks that are pretty simple to repair. If your phone is stuck in a boot loop or enters recovery mode every time you turn it on, you may have a soft brick.
To repair bricked Android phones and tablets, you must first thoroughly examine the device's state. Before you begin troubleshooting, determine the sort of bricking that your phone is experiencing. However, there is no specific software to unbrick your Android device; you may need to learn the complexities of this issue or hire a professional to do it for you.
Here are some simple methods for repairing bricked Android devices:
Method 1. Reboot the Phone in Safe Mode
Trying to reboot your android device in safe mode is the first and easiest thing you should try if your phone is bricked. Here's how to do it:
- Step 1: Turn off your smartphone and press the Volume Up + Power button to enter recovery mode. Then, using the volume controls, navigate the menu and select Reboot system now.
- Step 2: Select the highlighted option by pressing the Power button. After that, wait for your device to reset normally.
- Note: The steps for booting into recovery mode may change based on the manufacturer of your device. For further information, go to the user manual for your phone or tablet.
Method 2. Wipe the Cache Partition
This is the first indication that a user's phone has gone bricked. The phone turned on automatically, however it became stuck or frozen on the logo screen. The issue might be caused by the undeleting of data and cache, which prevents the phone from displaying the home screen.
This issue, however, may be resolved by wiping the data and cache partitions in recovery mode. You must do the following to do this:
- Step 1: Turn off your smartphone and enter recovery mode by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Different devices have various approaches for entering recovery mode, so you may perform better.
- Step 2: After entering recovery mode, you should see the screen below. Remember to pick Advanced and then “Wipe Dalvik Cache” if your device is under Clockwork Mod recovery. Return to the main screen and select “Wipe Cache Partition” once more.
- Step 3: Finally, on your smartphone, choose the Reboot system immediately.
Method 3. Perform a Factory Reset
A factory reset can undo the alterations made to your device that resulted in the brick phone, but you will lose everything you have downloaded and installed in the process. Here's how to restore a bricked Android phone to factory settings:
- Step 1: Boot your device into recovery mode (turn off your device, then press power button + volume up button).
- Step 2: Select “Wipe Data/“Factory Reset” then confirm the action. When the process is done, you'll be returned to the recovery mode menu.
- Step 3: Select “Reboot System Now” to restart your device.
Method 4. Flash a Custom ROM
If you boot your phone directly into recovery mode, there's a problem with the ROM you loaded. Then simply flash the following custom ROM on your phone:
- Step 1: Save the required ROM (in ZIP format) to an SD card. The SD card should then be inserted into your Android device.
- Step 2: Click the “Install zip from sdcard” button. Then, select the ZIP file that contains the ROM. Finally, click the "reboot system now" button.
Method 5. Using Wondershare Dr.Fone to Fix bricked Android Devices
Wondershare Dr.Fone - Data Recovery is the first data recovery solution for any damaged Android smartphone in the globe. It offers one of the greatest recovery rates and can recover a variety of information like images, videos, contacts, messages, and call logs. The program is most effective with Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
While it is not an Android unbrick tool, it is a useful tool for retrieving data when your Android device becomes bricked. It is quite easy to use:
- Step 1: Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone and select “Data Recovery” > “Recover Android Data” from the menu. Then, select “Recover from Broken Phone”.
- Step 2: Choose the file types you wish to recover. Click “Next” and then select the type of damage your phone is experiencing. Select “Touch screen not responsive, or cannot access the phone” or “Black/broken screen”.
- Step 3: Use the recovery wizard to enter your Android smartphone into Download Mode. Connect your Android handset to the computer after following the instructions to begin automatically analyzing your device.
- Step 4: The program will provide a list of all recoverable files, organized by file type. To preview the file, highlight it. Choose the files you wish to recover and then click “Recover” to save all the data you want to restore.
Part 3. How to Prevent Bricking Your Phone
How to prevent a device from “bricking” itself and how to repair it if it does The delay is set by the MCU, but it should be long enough to allow the debug adapter to connect to the device and halt it before the device disables itself.
Here are some things to remember to prevent your device from bricking:
- Avoiding unofficial firmware updates: Installing unapproved OS firmware on your phone will most certainly violate any manufacturer's warranty you have on it. Read the installation instructions for your unique phone model thoroughly and then carefully follow them, taking time and patience.
- Being cautious when rooting or jail breaking:Rooting and Jail breaking disables parts of the operating system's built-in security mechanisms, which are part of what makes the operating system safe, and your data protected from exposure or damage.
- Install an antivirus application on your device:Mobile devices increase the danger of data leaks and breaches. As a result, antiviral software is beneficial on mobile phones. Mobile Device Management is an excellent choice for virus protection on your mobile device.
- Backup your phone data regularly: Backing up your phone safeguards your data in the event that you lose it, it is stolen, or it no longer works. When it comes time to replace your phone, having a backup makes it simple to restore your data to the new device. Furthermore, backing up your phone allows you to organize your data so that it is easier to access.
- Avoid installing apps from untrusted sources: Apps installed from unauthorized sources make your device and personal data more exposed to dangers such as Ransomware. So you should be wary of where you download applications.
It is certainly upsetting when your gadget bricks, but you may attempt the solutions listed above to resolve the issue. Meanwhile, if you want to solve the problem quickly and easily, you can try Wondershare Dr.Fone. It can not only help you repair your Android smartphone, but it can also help you extract data from a bricked device, recover data, and many more Android device solutions!
- Android Update
- 1. Download and Use Samsung Odin
- 2. Samsung Phone Stuck in Odin Mode
- 3. Android 9 Pie Problems & Fixes
- 4. Latest Updates in Android 11
- 5. Update Android Oreo 8.1
- Android Not Working
- 1. Solution To Bricked Android Phone
- 2. Fix 'Android Phone Won't Turn On'
- 3. Fix the Soft Bricked Android Phone
- 4. Flash Dead Android Phone
- 5. Fix Phone Keep Turning Off
- 6. Fix Android Bootloop Problem
- 7. Fix Android Phones and Tablets
- Android Errors
- 1. Fix Error 495 While Download Apps
- 2. Fix Error 505 in Google Play Store
- 3. Fixes For Authentication Error
- 4. Fix Error Code 963 on Google Play
- 5. Fix Error Code 920 In Google Play
- 6. Fix Encryption Error
- Screen Problems
- 1. Fix Unresponsive Fire Tablet Screen
- 2. Fix Unresponsive Android Screen
- 3. Fix Android Screen Problem
- 4. Fix Phone Is Stuck on Boot Screen
- 5. Fixes for Tablet Screen Not Working
- 6. Tools for Removing Stuck Pixels
- 7. Fix Android Black Screen of Death
- 8. Fix Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- 9. Fix Android White Screen of Death
- 10.Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
- 11.Fix ONN Tablet Screen Not Working
- 12.Fix Android Touch Screen Proble
- 13.Fix Smartphone With a Black Screen
- 14.Fix Realme Screen Not Responding
- 15.Fix Phone Screen Not Responding
- Android Problems