We always like to explore every new feature or the features that already exist on our devices. We have a tendency to be the master of our device and want to know every bit of the handset. Unexpected errors ruin that experience and it is just frustrating to experience these errors. And the worst part is that we have no idea where we are wrong or what we did that led to the error. Same is the case with the error 495 which occurs due to downloading or updating of Android Apps. You may have spent countless hours on the internet to find the right solution for error code 495 but even after following many of the most guaranteed steps sometimes the error still doesn’t go away.
However, this article will provide you various methods to get rid of the Error 495 play store problem that you face and you will not have to depend on any other sources for your solution.
- Reasons for Google play error 495
- Solution 1: One Click to Fix error 495 by Android Repair
- Solution 2: Clear the Google Service Framework cache to Fix error 495
- Solution 3: Reset App Preference in Google play Store to Fix error 495
- Solution 4: Fix Error Code 495 by installing a VPN app
- Solution 5: Remove your Google Account & Reconfigure it to fix error 495
- Solution 6: Fix error code 495 by Removing your Google Play Store Data & Cache
Reasons for Google play error 495
Android Apps are most commonly downloaded from the Google Play Store with the help of Wi-Fi or Cellular Data. One may come across many types of errors. Mostly the errors come in during the download or update or installing time. Error 495 occurs when the user isn’t being able to download or install an app over Wi-Fi, but the user is able to do the same thing over cellular data.
Technically speaking, the issue is caused when the connection to the Google Play servers, where the app is hosted, times out. Which is unable to resolve by itself.
Also, there could be another reason that it cannot sync with the servers.
Now that we know the possible reasons for the error 495, let us also know how to get rid of it in the sections below.
Solution 1: One Click to Fix error 495 by Android Repair
Tried several methods to make the error 495 disappear, but nothing works? Well, many people have experienced the same frustration. The root cause is that something is wrong with the Android system. You need to have your Android system repaired to fix error 495 in this situation.
Note: Having your Android system repaired may lose existing data on your Android. Backup the data on your Android before the Android repair.
Best tool for fundamental Android repair in one click
- Fixes all Android system issues like error 495, system UI not working, etc.
- One click for Android repair. No special technics needed.
- Supports all the new Samsung devices like Galaxy Note 8, S8, S9, etc.
- Step-by-step on-screen instructions provided to fix error 495 without any hassle.
With Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android), you can easily fix error 495 in few steps. Here is how:
- Download, install, and launch Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android). Connect your Android to your computer with a USB cable.
- Select the option "Repair" > "Android Repair", and click "Start".
- Select the device information like brand, name, model, etc., and confirm your selection by typing in "000000".
- Press the stated keys to boot your Android in download mode to download the firmware as instructed.
- After the firmware is downloaded, the program will automatically start to repair your Android.
Solution 2: Clear the Google Service Framework cache to Fix error 495
Go to the “settings” of your device. Once the series of sections comes up, tap on the “APPS” section.
Click on ‘All Apps’ or ‘Swipe to All’ and the open the section named “Google Services Framework App”
Open “App Details” and the screen shown in the image should come up on your device. As shown in the image, follow the three steps. First, tap on “Force Stop” and then second, tap on the “Clear Data” option and finally go ahead and tap on the “Clear Cache” option.
Following the above steps should solve your problem of Google Play Error 495. And you can enjoy back to using the apps which you couldn’t download or update due to the Error 495.
Solution 3: Reset App Preference in Google play Store to Fix error 495
Go to the settings section in your device. It will be differently placed for different devices and different users.
Once the Settings section is open. A lot of further sections will pop up. No find the section named “Application Manager” or “Apps”. After locating it, tap on that section.
Now go ahead and tap or slide to a section named “ALL”.
After reaching the “ALL” section tap the touch button to open menu/properties and choose an option named “Reset Apps” or “Reset App Preferences”.
There’s no need to be alarmed because on clicking the reset option, the apps won’t be deleted but it is only going to re-set them. And hence solving the Error 495 created in the Google Play.
Solution 4: Fix Error Code 495 by installing a VPN app
The Error code 495 can be easily removed in another interesting way too. On downloading a Virtual Private Network (VPN) and then operating the play store automatically solves the error 495.
Install Hideman VPN (using any other VPN will also make it work) from Google Play store. (If the error persists for this app too then download it from a different app store or by using a third-party store).
Now open the app and select the United States as the country of connection and press the option named Connect.
Open Google Play Store and Download any app without the Error Code 495 coming in and bothering.
This fix will work for most of the Google Play Errors and not just only The Error Code 495.
Solution 5: Remove your Google Account & Reconfigure it to fix error 495
Removing the Google account and re-configuring it is a very common method adopted to get rid of the Error 495. Adopt the following steps to complete this method.
Go to the “Settings” section of your device. Like it was mentioned before, different devices and different users will have the placement of the settings section in a different place.
Go to the accounts section in the settings tab.
In the accounts section tap on the Google Account part
Inside The Google section, there’ll be an option called “Remove Account”. Tap on that section, to remove your google account.
Now go ahead and re-enter/ re-register your Google account and check if the Error 495 still persists.
Now you have completed all the steps and your problem should be solved.
Solution 6: Fix error code 495 by Removing your Google Play Store Data & Cache
One of the best and most accurate methods in the series of various steps in eradicating the Error Code 495 in Google Play Store is by removing the Google play Store Data and Cache. In order to do so follow the steps mentioned below. After following the steps it is guaranteed that the Error code 495 will be done with and you won’t experience any such problems in the future.
Go to the “Settings” section into your mobile device. The settings can be accessed by scrolling down and pulling down the drop-down menu and most likely the settings app will be on the top-right corner. Otherwise, it will be found after opening the app drawer.
Once after opening the settings section, select the “Installed apps” or the “Apps” section.
Find the “Google Play Store” section and select that too.
Tap on the “Clear data” & “Clear Cache”.
Doing the above steps will clear your caches of the Google Play Store. Now you have a new google Play store.
Hence in this article, we got to know about the error 495 and the possible solutions to it as well. Also, this article explains how Error code 495 can be removed by 5 different ways. These are the best ways by which you can remove or get rid of the Error Code 495. In case one of the method fails, use the other one to rectify this recurring error 495 on your Android device.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Android Update
- 1. Download and Use Samsung Odin
- 2. Samsung Phone Stuck in Odin Mode
- 3. Android 9 Pie Problems & Fixes
- 4. Latest Updates in Android 11
- 5. Update Android Oreo 8.1
- Android Not Working
- 1. Solution To Bricked Android Phone
- 2. Fix 'Android Phone Won't Turn On'
- 3. Fix the Soft Bricked Android Phone
- 4. Flash Dead Android Phone
- 5. Fix Phone Keep Turning Off
- 6. Fix Android Bootloop Problem
- 7. Fix Android Phones and Tablets
- Android Errors
- 1. Fix Error 495 While Download Apps
- 2. Fix Error 505 in Google Play Store
- 3. Fixes For Authentication Error
- 4. Fix Error Code 963 on Google Play
- 5. Fix Error Code 920 In Google Play
- 6. Fix Encryption Error
- Screen Problems
- 1. Fix Unresponsive Fire Tablet Screen
- 2. Fix Unresponsive Android Screen
- 3. Fix Android Screen Problem
- 4. Fix Phone Is Stuck on Boot Screen
- 5. Fixes for Tablet Screen Not Working
- 6. Tools for Removing Stuck Pixels
- 7. Fix Android Black Screen of Death
- 8. Fix Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- 9. Fix Android White Screen of Death
- 10.Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
- 11.Fix ONN Tablet Screen Not Working
- 12.Fix Android Touch Screen Proble
- 13.Fix Smartphone With a Black Screen
- 14.Fix Realme Screen Not Responding
- 15.Fix Phone Screen Not Responding
- Android Problems