How to Restore iPhone Without iTunes
"Don't want to use iTunes to restore my iPhone", or "iTunes could not restore the iPhone"
Sometimes, retoring iPhone to its original settings is a nice way for troubleshooting. But there are alway different reasons stopping you from using iTunes to restore your iPhone successfully like your computer is not at hand at that time, get an error message from iTunes as "iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the iPhone refused the request", or you just haven't got iTunes installed and don't want to use it. No matter yours belongs which, you really don't need to get disappointed by this. There is alway a way to restore iPhone without iTunes.
- Part 1: Restore iPhone to without iTunes via iCloud
- Part 2: Restore iPhone from Backup without iTunes via dr.fone
If you have an iCloud account, you can simply restore your iPhone from iCloud without using iTunes and a computer. It can help you directly do it on your iPhone. Before you do it, make sure that you have backed up your important on the iPhone.
- Resetting your iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Restoring your iPhone without iTunes: Start up your iPhone, and you'll be prompted to use the Setup Assistant. Get your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi. Then choose "Restore from iCloud Back".
Without iTunes, there is no way to restore iTunes backup to an iPhone, because that is the only way Apple lets you do with the iTunes backup file. Then let's consider someone else, like Wondershare, whose dr.fone - iPhone Data Recovery allows you to extract iTunes backup for preview and recovery.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Selectively restore data from iCloud backup and iTunes backup.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more.
- View iTunes backup and iCloud backup for FREE!
- Compatible with all the iOS devices.
- Highly commended by Forbes Magazine and Deloitte for several times.
How to selectively restore iPhone from backup without iTunes
Step 1. Download the trial version below for free.
Step 2. Run the program on your computer and choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File".
Step 3. You can see all iTunes backup files on your computer there. Choose one you want to restore and click "Start Scan" to get it extracted.
Step 4. After that, you can preview all data extracted from the backup. Tick the item you want and save it on your computer.
dr.fone - iPhone Data Recovery also can let you restore iPhone from iCloud backup. If you have a need, you can use it to directly download and extract your online iCloud backup, and recover them selectively as you wish.
- iTunes backup
- Restore iTunes Backup
- iTunes Data Recovery
- Restore from iTunes Backup
- Recover Data from iTunes
- Recover Photos fromiTunes Backup
- Restore iPhone Without iTunes
- Restore from iTunes Backup
- iTunes Backup Viewer
- Free iTunes Backup Extractor
- View iTunes Backup
- iTunes Backup Tips