How To Reset Privacy Password in OPPO
If you forgot your OPPO privacy password and you don't know the answers to the security questions, you are at the right place. Your privacy password is different from your phone's screen lock password, and forgetting it is quite troublesome. Luckily, you can easily reset your privacy password. If you want to know how to reset privacy password in OPPO, we have the best solution for you.
You can easily reset your OPPO privacy password with the three methods listed in our guide. Each step is easy to follow, and the method doesn't affect your device's data or settings. If you follow each step in our guide precisely, you can reset the password with any of these methods. In addition to privacy passwords, we also have the best solution in case you forget your phone's screen lock.
Part 1: What is OPPO Privacy Password?
OPPO offers various privacy and security settings to keep your device and data safe. With privacy settings, you can set passwords to guard against outsiders who want to access your data or phone. The privacy protection feature is one of the privacy settings OPPO offers its users. With privacy protection, you can lock any app you want with a password separate from your device's screen lock. Every time you wish to access that app from your device, you will have to enter the password. The privacy password can be a face id, PIN, pattern, or fingerprint. Before we discuss how to reset privacy password in OPPO, let's talk about how to set them up and delete them.
How to Set it up
- Go to "Settings" and open the "Fingerprint, Face & Passcode" or the "Password & Biometrics" menu.
- Select the "Privacy Password" option and tap the "Turn on privacy password" option.
- Set the password you want and select the apps you want to lock.
How to Delete it
- Follow the previous steps and open the "privacy password" menu.
- Select the "turn off privacy password" option and confirm by entering the password.
Part 2: How to Reset OPPO Privacy Password?
1: Contact the Local OPPO Service
If you are reading this guide, it means you can't remember your phone's privacy password, and you don't know the security questions. In these situations, the first solution you should try is to contact the local OPPO service or visit the nearest OPPO service center. Once you talk with OPPO service providers, they will help you reset your privacy password. The time to reset the password will depend on the device you are using. Follow these steps if you want to know how to reset privacy password in OPPO without security question.
- Call your local OPPO customer care or look up your nearest local OPPO service center.
- Tell them your problem and explain you don't know the security questions.
- After confirmation, follow the instruction provided by your local OPPO service and reset the privacy password.
2: Reset with Bound Security Email
The fastest way to reset the privacy password in any OPPO device is by binding a security email. When you set up a privacy password for your OPPO mobile, you get the option to bind a security email in case you ever forget the password. If you don't have a bound security email, you can still bind a security email whenever you want. The process only requires your lock screen password. Although it is an efficient method, it works under a simple precondition. The bound security email method only works if your "settings" app is not privacy password protected. Here are the steps on how to reset the privacy password in OPPO with a bound security email.
- Open "Settings" on your mobile and navigate to the "lock screen passcode" menu.
- Enter your lock screen password and tap the "Bind to a security email address" option.
- Enter your email address and tap on "Bind." You will receive a verification code via email.
- Type the code in your phone and select "ok."
- Go back to "Settings" and open the "Privacy Password" menu.
- Select "Forgot Password" and tap on the "Email for verification" option.
- After verification, you can reset, change, or delete the privacy password.
3: Reset Through OPPO ID
You can also reset the privacy password of your OPPO device without security questions using your OPPO id. This method is easy to follow and will not take much time if you already have an OPPO id. If you don't have an OPPO id, then you have to start the process by creating one. Creating an OPPO id does not require your privacy password, so you can do it as long as you know your device's screen lock. Here are the steps on how to reset privacy password in OPPO without security question using an OPPO id.
- To create an OPPO ID, go to "Settings" and select the "Sign in OPPO ID" option.
- Tap on the "Register" option and enter your mobile and email.
- Verify your OPPO id and tap on the "My Profile option.
- Add your name, nickname, gender, birthday, and display name.
- Provide a recovery contact, emergency contact, your email & mobile, and go to "Manage Passwords."
- Stay logged in and restart your device. Now you can go to the "Privacy Password" menu in "Settings" and select the "Forgot Password" option.
- Tap on the "OPPO ID for verification" option. Enter your id number and verify to reset the privacy password.
Part 3: Easy Ways to Unlock OPPO Screen
It is common for people to forget their phone's lock screen password. If you don't have a fingerprint or face id set up, you cannot unlock your device without the password. Most people try to factory reset their phones in these situations. Although resetting the device removes the screen unlock, it also deletes all your data and settings. The factory reset is not the only solution to unlock the OPPO screen.
If you are ever locked out of your OPPO phone, and you can't remember your password, use Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock to remove your device's screen lock. Dr.Fone is third-party software that enables users to unlock any android device. The steps to unlock the OPPO screen with Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock are easy to follow, and the process is safe. Follow these steps to unlock your OPPO device using Dr.Fone.
Use Dr.Fone to Solve Your Oppo Screen Lock Without Any Hassle!
- Remove all Android screen locks (PIN/pattern/fingerprints/face ID) in minutes.
- Bypass the FRP lock of Samsung without a PIN or Google account.
- Everyone can handle the lock screen without any tech knowledge.
- Provide specific removal solutions to promise good success rate.
Step 1. First, download the Dr.Fone tool on your PC.
Open the tool and select "Screen Unlock". Then, you need to connect your Oppo to the PC via a USB cable.
Step 2. Select "Unlock Android Screen"
When you see this step, click "Unlock Android Screen" to remove the lock screen.
Step 3. Choose the right mode: 100% Remove Lock Screen
"100% Remove Lock Screen" mode supports most Android devices, Samsung, and Huawei. OPPO is also listed here.
Select your device brand (Oppo) to start removing the lock.
Step 4. Follow the guide step by step to remove the lock screen of Oppo.
Wipe data successfully! Now, you can get into Oppo without a password!
The Bottom Line
Let's conclude our guide on how to reset privacy password in OPPO here. If you are an OPPO user, you can easily reset your device's privacy password without any security questions or third-party tools. The best way to reset the password is by using your OPPO id or Email account. Both of these methods are similar, and the steps are easy to follow. You can use any of these as long as you know your lock screen password. If you don't know your lock screen password, you can use Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock to remove the password in five minutes. Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock is easy to follow, and you don't have to worry about your device's safety and warranty. You can also use Dr.Fone for system repairs, data backup and reset, virtual locations, WhatsApp transfer, etc.
- OPPO Unlock
- 1. Unlock OPPO A53
- 2. Unlock OPPO A37
- 3. Unlock OPPO A3s
- 4. Unlock OPPO CPH 2127
- 5. Unlock OPPO Phone Tips
- 6. OPPO Screen Unlock Tools
- 7. Bypass OPPO FRP with FRP Code
- 8. Bypass FRP OPPO Without PC
- OPPO Reset
- 1. Hard Reset OPPO A3s
- 2. Hard Reset OPPO A5s
- 3. Hard Reset OPPO A15
- 4. Hard Reset OPPO A37
- 5. Hard Reset OPPO A53
- 6. Hard Reset OPPO Full Guide
- 7. Reset OPPO Without Password
- 8. Reset Privacy Password in OPPO
- OPPO Problems
- 1. Unresponsive OPPO Screen
- 3. Android App Not Installed Error
- 4. Bricked Your Android Phone
- 5. Encryption Unsuccessful Error
- 6. Android Stuck in Download Mode
- 7. Flash Dead Android Phone Safely
- OPPO Tips