How to Export WhatsApp Messages from iPhone
"I want to export some important WhatsApp messages from my iPhone to my computer. But there is no option that let me do it. From WhatsApp official site, it is said my WhatsApp messages can be saved in iTunes or iCloud backup file. I don't need that, because I can't view it. Is there such a program to back or export WhatsApp messages from my iPhone?" – Emma
What Emma said is right. There is no option for you to export WhatsApp chat history from your iPhone (iOS 13 supported). If you back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud, WhatsApp messages will be packed to the backup file, but you can't view them because the backup file never lets you do it. Keep your shirts on. Work around still exists. This article tells you 3 ways to back up or export WhatsApp Messages from iPhone devices.
3 Solutions to Export WhatsApp Messages from iPhone
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS), it's the software that helps to export WhatsApp messages from iPhone. It plays a very important role in exporting WhatsApp messages from iPhone (iOS 14 supported).
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Provide with three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with the latest iOS devices.
- Supports iPhone X / 8 (Plus)/ iPhone 7(Plus)/ iPhone6s(Plus), iPhone SE and the latest iOS 14 fully!
Step 1 Run the program and connect your iPhone to the computer
Connect your iPhone with your computer first and launch Dr.Fone,the program will respond you as follows after it recognized your iPhone.
Step 2 Scan your iPhone for WhatsApp messages
Click the "Start" button on the window shown in step 1 to let the program scan your iPhone for WhatsApp messages. And later you can click the "Start Scan" button to go on.
Step 3 Export WhatsApp messages from your iPhone
The program not only finds WhatsApp conversations on your iPhone, but also helps to find other data like contacts, SMS, call logs, notes, and more. Therefore, the scan needs some time. After it, you can preview all data in the scan result by clicking them separately. For WhatsApp chat history, you can export the text content, emoji, pictures, videos, etc. Check wanted "WhatsApp" or "WhatsApp Attachments", click "Recover to Computer" to export them on your computer.
Step 1 Download iTunes backup file that contains WhatsApp messages
On Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS), click "Recover from iTunes Backup File" to let the program detect iTunes backup file on your computer. In the list, choose the latest iTunes backup file that contains your iPhone WhatsApp messages and click "Start Scan".
Step 2 Save iPhone WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup file
In the result window, all files will be sorted into category. In the left sidebar, click WhatsApp messages and WhatsApp message attachments to preview the files. After then, click Recover and choose Recover to Computer to save your iPhone WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup to your computer.
Step 1 Download iCloud backup file that contains your iPhone WhatsApp messages
If you've backed up your iPhone to iCloud, then your WhatsApp messages were saved to iCloud backup file as well. You can use Dr.Fone to export iPhone WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup file by clicking "Recover from iCloud Backup File". And then log in with your iCloud account. In the iCloud backup list, choose the backup file that contains your WhatsApp messages and click Download.
To save your time, in the pop-up, choose the file type you're going to download. Here you're supposed to check "WhatsApp" and "WhatsApp Attachments".
Step 2 Save iPhone WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup file
In the scan result page, you can see all extracted files are there. Check "WhatsApp" or "WhatsApp Attachments" to preview them. If they're the ones that you need, click Recover and choose "Recover to Computer" to save them on your computer.
- Back Up iPhone Messages
- 1. Back up Messages on iPhone
- 2. Save Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Back up Viber messages
- 4. Back up WhatsApp Data to Computer
- 5. Export WhatsApp Message from iOS
- Delete iPhone Messages
- 1. Delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- 2. Delete Snapchat Messages on iPhone
- 3. Delete WA for Everyone
- 4. Delete WA Message Permanently
- 5. Delete Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Tips about WhatsApp Delete Message
- 7. Undelete Messages on iPhone
- 8. View Deleted iMessage History on PC
- Recover iPhone Messages
- 1. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Messages
- 2. Recover Deleted Viber Messages
- 3. Recover Messages on iPhone 13
- 4. Recover Deleted Message on iPhone 8
- 5. Recover Deleted Message iPhone 6
- 6. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 7. Recover WhatsApp Messages Online
- 8. Restore 1-Year-Old WhatsApp Chats
- Restore iPhone Messages
- 1. Restore Kik Messages from iPhone
- 2. Restore Text Messages on iPhone
- 3. Restore Viber Messages Selectively
- 4. Restore Kik Messages to iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Messages
- 1. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 2. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to Computer
- 4. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 5. WhatsApp from Android to iOS
- 6. Transfer from Android to iPhone 13
- 7. WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- 8. Download Text Messages from iPhone
- iPhone Messages Problems
- 1. iMessage Not Working
- 2. iMessage Keeps Crashing
- 3. iMessage Not Syncing on a Mac
- 4.iPhone won't send or receive texts
- 5. iMessage Freezing or Not Working
- 6. Why Are My iPhone Messages Green
- iPhone Message Tricks
- 1. Export Messages from iPhone to PDF
- 2. Know Who Read WA Group Message
- 3. iPhone Message Tips and Tricks
- 4. Access iMessage Online
- 5. Extract Text Messages from iPhone
- 6. Forward Text on iPhone and Android
- 7. Print Text Messages from iPhone
- 8. View iPhone Messages on PC/Mac
- 9. Tell If You Are Blocked on iMessage