How to Fix iPhone Messages not Syncing with Mac
When you set up iMessages on a Mac, you use an Apple ID during the set-up process. This ensures that iMessages sync across all devices that use that Apple ID. But sometimes this process doesn’t quite work as it should and you find that sometimes the iMessages fail to sync on your Mac or other similar problem.
In this article, we are going to offer you 5 effective ways to fix this problem - fixed iPhone messages not syncing with Mac. Try each one in turn until the problem has been fixed.
Part 1. Top 5 Solutions to Fix iPhone messages Not Syncing with Mac
The following are some of the most effective solutions to try and fix this problem.
1. Make sure that you’ve Activated iMessages Email Addresses
On your iOS device, go to Settings > Messages> Send & Receive and make sure that under “You can Be Reached by iMessage at” make sure that the phone number or email address is checked.
2. Turn off iMessages and then turn it back on
If you are sure that you have setup iMessages correctly but are still having syncing issues, simply resetting iMessage can fix the problem.
To do this go to Settings > Messages and then turn off iMessages on all devices.
On your Mac click on Messages > Preferences > Accounts and then uncheck “Enable this account” to close Messages.
Wait a few seconds and then enable iMessages again.
3. Confirm Mobile Phone Number with Apple ID
You may also want to ensure that the mobile number and email addresses you use on your account are correct. Go to the Apple website and log in with your Apple ID. Check under “Account” to make sure that you have the correct phone number and email address.
4. Check that iMessage is Set up Correctly
It is very possible that you didn’t set up iMessages correctly and it wouldn’t hurt to check. For your iMessages to sync, you need to sign in with the same Apple ID across all devices. Fortunately, there is a simple way to check.
Simply go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that the email address shows up at the top, next to the Apple ID. If it doesn’t, tap on it to sign in with your Apple ID.
5. Restart All Devices
If you are certain that iMessage set up is correct on all devices, simply restarting the devices can jump start the process and get your iMessages syncing again. Restart all iOS devices and the Mac and then try again.
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9 and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13.
Part 2. Bonus Tips: Transfer iPhone Messages, Contacts, Videos, Music, Photos to Mac
If you are still having trouble syncing messages across your devices even after restarting all devices, it may be a good idea to seek an alternate solution. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) provides you with an easy way to transfer messages and other data from your iOS device to your Mac. It is therefore a great solution when you want to have a copy of or a backup of the data on your Mac especially when you’re unable to sync the data.
The following are just some of the features that make Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) the idea solution to transfer data to your computer.
Transfer iPhone Data to Mac/PC Without Hassle!
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Transfer music, photos, and videos from Mac/PC to iPhone, or from iPhone to Mac/PC.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS13 and iPod.
How to use Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) to Transfer iPhone data to your Mac?
Download and install Dr.Fone to your computer and then follow these simple steps to transfer iPhone data to your Mac.
Step 1. Run Dr.Fone and select Transfer from the home window. Then connect the iOS device to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2. Dr.Fone can helps you transfer iPhone music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS to Mac easily. Take iPhone photos for example. Go to Photos tab and select the photos you would like to transfer to Mac. Then click Export to Mac.
We hope you're able to fix your sync problem. In the meantime, Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) offers a great way to transfer data from your iPhone to your Mac. Try it! Its fast, reliable and easy to use.
- iPhone hardware Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- Repair iPhone Backlight
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems