6 Solutions to Fix Error 505 in Google Play Store
In case you are receiving the error code 505 while downloading an application from Google play store and have no clue what is it, then this is the right article for you. In this article we are covering the reasons behind the occurrence of Google play error 505. Not only that, we are also providing 6 solutions to fix the error code 505. Usually, this error is seen with Android 5.0 Lollipop version and occurs at the time when you try to install the already downloaded application making it hard to run the app.
Such an error is a kind of permission error. That is, in case you have two similar kinds of applications such as banking apps and both looking for similar kind of permission, causes conflict error named as error 505.
The occurrence chance is more in the old operating systems, 4 KitKat, Android version 4. Let us then proceed to know more about this error 505.
- Part 1. Reasons for Google Play error 505
- Part 2: 6 Solutions to fix error code 505
- Bonus FAQ about Google Play error
Part 1: Reasons for Google Play error 505
As per the report by some users, error 505 occurs in certain apps such as Weather App, SBI, ITV, Adobe Air 15, We Chat etc.
To have the right idea about the problem, we have listed all the reasons of it occurrence below:
- Google play store is not updated or refreshed (Causes the error during the downloading process)
- Due to installation of an outdated version (In case your Android version is outdated may result in error in the installation process)
- Cache memory(Is the redundant data occurs due to search history)
- Application is not compatible with the Android OS (If the app you are downloading is not the updated may cause error)
- Adobe air app
- Data crash (Many time app or Google play store crashed crashes after downloading it, reason may be some bugs, so many apps are open, less memory etc.)
Now that we know the reasons, let us also learn about the solutions that will guide you to resolve the error code 505.
Part 2: 6 Solutions to fix error code 505
Any error that occurs during downloading or installation process not only hinders with the new app but also takes a large amount of our time to solve the issue. To check that, let us go through the 6 solutions one by one.
Solution 1: One click to make error code 505 disappear
The most common cause for error code 505 pop-up is that Android system files that underpin the Google Play module are corrupted. To make error code 505 disappear in this condition, you should have your Android system repaired.
One click to repair Android system and make error code 505 disappear
- Fix all Android system issues like error code 505, error code 495, error code 963, etc.
- One click to fix error code 505. No technical skills required.
- Supports all the new Samsung devices like Galaxy S8, S9, etc.
- Easy-to-understand instructions provided on each screen.
Now, you just need to follow these Android repair steps to fix error code 505:
Note: Android repair needs to flash the system firmware, which may erase existing Android data. To prevent data loss, back up all the important data from Android to PC.
Step1: Download the Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android) program, install and launch it. The following interface will pop up.
Step2: Select the "Android Repair" among the 3 tabs, connect your Android to PC, and click "Start".
Step3: Choose the correct device details from each field, confirm them and continue.
Step4: Boot your Android in download mode, then start downloading the firmware of your device.
Step5: After the device firmware is downloaded, the tool will start repairing your Android.
Step6: When your Android is repaired, the error code 505 will disappear.
Solution 2: Check whether Download Manger is ON or not
Many times download manager is set to disable due to which you are not able to download or install the app. So, it is required to make a check whether the download manager is set on or off. So that your installation process will work properly. The process to enable the download manager is as follows.
>Go to Settings
>Select the Application Manger or App (Option depends upon the device)
At the top, an option will appear
>Swipe right till you locate Download manager at top of the screen of the device
>Then Select Enable
Enabling download manager to give permission to the device to start the download or installation process.
Solution 3: Updating to the latest version of OS of your Android device
Working with an old operating system is ok, but many times old version also creates some problem and is the main reason behind the occurrence of any bug or error. So, updating the older version act like a rescue to get rid of any such issue or bug. The Process of updation is quite simple; you just need to follow the below steps and your device is ready to get updated to the latest version. Steps are:
- >Go to Settings
- >Select about Phone
- >Click on System Update
- >Check for updates
- >Click on Update
- >Need to click on Install (if any update is available)
Solution 4: Clearing the cache memory from Google services Framework and Google play store
While browsing data online or through Google play store some cache memory get stored for the fast access to the pages. Below mentioned simple steps will help you in clearing out the cache memory from Google services framework and Google play store.
Process to clear the Cache memory for Google Services Framework
- >Go to Settings
- >Select Applications
- >Click on Manage Applications
- >Click to select ‘ALL’
- >Click on Google services framework
- >Select ‘Clear data and clear cache’
That will remove the cache memory of your Google services framework
Steps to Cache memory of Google Play Store
- >Go to Settings
- >Manage Applications
- >Click to select ‘ALL’
- >Select Google Play store
- >Clear data and clear cache
It will clear the cache of Google play store
Clearing the cache memory remove the extra temporary memory, thus free up space for the further installation process.
Solution 5: Reinstalling play store Updates
The reason behind the installation error code 505 might be Google play store updates.
Due to continuous updation of new apps and services Google Play store used to be flooded with so many updates or sometimes does not updated properly. That sometimes caused the problem in dealing with app installation. Resolving the issue is important to make your play store ready for future updation and installation.
- >Go to Settings
- >Visit Application Manager or Apps
- >Select Google Play Store
- >Click on Uninstalling Updates
- >A Message will appear ‘Change play store app to factory version’- Accept it
- >Now Open Google play store>It will refresh the updates within 5 to 10 minutes(So you need to keep your internet connection on while Google play store is updating its store for new updates.)
Solution 6: Third party App
In the case, error 505 occur due to the installation of two or more apps with duplicate permission of data, as many times we use to install two similar kind of app that creates the situation where both seeking out for somewhat similar permissions for the installation. The manual finding is a long and tiring process. Then you can take the assistance of ‘Lucky Patcher App’ to find out which app is creating the conflict. This app will assist you in finding out the duplicity if any and then modifying it. Through this app, once you will find out which particular app is causing the conflict, then you can delete that conflicting app from your phone so that problem of error code 505 gets sort out.
Download link: https://www.luckypatchers.com/download/
Note: If still, you are in the state of trouble to solve the issue of error code 505 then Google Play help center is here to look out all troubles related to app store and its service. You can check out the details by visiting the following link:
Or call them at their call center number regarding the issue.
Bonus FAQ about Google Play error
Q1: What is a 505 error code?
The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) error 505: HTTP Version Not Supported response status code means that the HTTP version used in the request is not supported by the server.
Q2: What is a 506 error?
The 506 error code is a frequent error when operating the Google Play Store. You will sometimes see this error code when you are downloading an app. The app may seem to be downloading just fine when suddenly, near the end of the installation, an error occurs, and a message pops up saying, “App could not be downloaded due to an error 506.”
Q3: How to fix the 506?
Solution 1: Restart your device which can help solve most problems.
Solution 2: Remove the SD card safely.
Solution 3: Correct date and time if it is wrong.
Solution 4: Add your Google Account again.
Solution 5: Clear Google Play Store data and cache.
However, sometimes the five simple couldn’t work anymore. A system repair software can be helpful quickly. We really recommend the Dr.Fone - System Repair (Android) , only a few minutes, the error will be fixed.
Not being able to download or install the app is very frustrating and time-consuming also. Therefore, in this article, we went through the reasons behind the occurrence error code 505 as well as resolving the issue by following five effective methods. I hope that you would be able to sort out the error 505 by following above methods thus would be able to install the application without further delay.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Android Update
- 1. Download and Use Samsung Odin
- 2. Samsung Phone Stuck in Odin Mode
- 3. Android 9 Pie Problems & Fixes
- 4. Latest Updates in Android 11
- 5. Update Android Oreo 8.1
- Android Not Working
- 1. Solution To Bricked Android Phone
- 2. Fix 'Android Phone Won't Turn On'
- 3. Fix the Soft Bricked Android Phone
- 4. Flash Dead Android Phone
- 5. Fix Phone Keep Turning Off
- 6. Fix Android Bootloop Problem
- 7. Fix Android Phones and Tablets
- Android Errors
- 1. Fix Error 495 While Download Apps
- 2. Fix Error 505 in Google Play Store
- 3. Fixes For Authentication Error
- 4. Fix Error Code 963 on Google Play
- 5. Fix Error Code 920 In Google Play
- 6. Fix Encryption Error
- Screen Problems
- 1. Fix Unresponsive Fire Tablet Screen
- 2. Fix Unresponsive Android Screen
- 3. Fix Android Screen Problem
- 4. Fix Phone Is Stuck on Boot Screen
- 5. Fixes for Tablet Screen Not Working
- 6. Tools for Removing Stuck Pixels
- 7. Fix Android Black Screen of Death
- 8. Fix Android Stuck on Boot Screen
- 9. Fix Android White Screen of Death
- 10.Fix Android Blue Screen of Death
- 11.Fix ONN Tablet Screen Not Working
- 12.Fix Android Touch Screen Proble
- 13.Fix Smartphone With a Black Screen
- 14.Fix Realme Screen Not Responding
- 15.Fix Phone Screen Not Responding
- Android Problems