5 Simple Ways to Recover Deleted Pictures on Android Phones
The pictures stored in our mobile phones are often our most important files. Many of them hold sentimental value, while others carry some essential personal information. That’s why having a smartphone capable of keeping our pictures safe is indeed a great advantage nowadays. We can easily access them anytime and anywhere with just the snap of a finger. No need to involve a third-party device and transfer the files from one end to another.
However, there are certain circumstances that become a little unpredictable and get in the way. Let’s say the pictures get deleted by mistake and disappear from the gallery. Should we be worried if we encounter the same problem? Absolutely not. There are many ways to recover deleted pictures on Android.
In this article, we will delve deep into other common reasons why people store pictures on mobile phones. We will also provide some tutorials on how to recover lost pictures on an Android phone. Continue reading below to learn more.
- Part 1. Why People Store Pictures on Mobile Phones
- Part 2. Can You Recover Deleted Pictures on Android Smartphones
- Part 3. How to Recover Lost Pictures on Android Mobile Devices
Part 1.Why People Store Pictures on Mobile Phones
It’s fair to say that mobile devices come in very handy in almost all situations. For instance, you can easily take pictures by simply pointing the camera at the subject and hitting a few buttons. That’s why it comes as no surprise that many users prefer to store their snaps on mobile phones. However, portability is not the only reason why. Listed below are other factors that explain why many people store pictures on mobile phones.
It’s convenient to store pictures on mobile phones.
By default, the pictures taken by your device go straight to its internal memory. You can review and delete it from there without any third-party intervention. Hence, it’s indeed convenient to use the built-in storage of your smartphone to store pictures.
Pictures stored on mobile phones are easily accessible.
An internet connection is not required to check your snaps on the gallery app. You can view, edit, delete, or share the pictures offline. That’s why they are easily accessible and readily available whenever needed. What if you lose the pictures by accident? Is there a way to restore them? The short answer to both questions is yes. There are many techniques to recover deleted pictures on Android smartphones. Just choose the best solution that suits your situation.
The local storage of mobile phones today is secure.
The manufacturers of our mobile devices today are implementing strict protocols with regard to the internal storage of their products. That’s why you can be sure that the pictures on your mobile phones are kept in a good place. You can store as many pictures as you want for as long as you need.
Part 2.Can You Recover Deleted Pictures on Android Smartphones
There’s no denying that storing pictures on mobile phones offers many benefits to users. However, things go south sometimes and lead to a problem. Pictures vanishing from the photo gallery app is a common scenario nowadays. It is caused by human error most of the time. Let’s say the pictures get deleted by mistake, or certain auto-delete settings have been enabled unintentionally. But it’s important to take note that it’s not the only reason behind this unfortunate encounter. Check out the list below to find the other factors.
- The gallery app is running into certain errors affecting its performance and general function.
- Another mobile application installed on your device is interfering with the gallery app.
- A malicious virus or malware is taking control of your device and messing up its internal memory.
- The operating system of your mobile phone is experiencing some problems.
Going back, can you recover deleted pictures on Android smartphones? Absolutely yes. There are many ways you can try to recover deleted pictures on Android devices. But hold on. Before you go ahead, take time to study your situation first and settle on the option that provides the best solution.
Part 3.How to Recover Lost Pictures on Android Mobile Devices
Unlike before, losing pictures nowadays is not a big deal at all. Why so? Simply because you have a lot of options to recover deleted pics from Android. We have selected the best five solutions that can help you in most situations. Check out the tutorials listed below on how to recover lost pictures on Android phones.
Solution 1: Recover pictures from Google Photos.
Google Photos is among the most popular picture viewers we have today. It stores photos not on the local memory of your device but on Google’s cloud storage. That’s why you can easily recover pics on Android phones if you have them backed up to Google Photos. Here’s how to do it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Open the Google Photos application on your device.
- Step 2: Check if the auto-backup feature is currently enabled on your account. If so, proceed to the next step.
- Step 3: Browse the photo library and find the picture you want to recover. Click on it.
- Step 4: Tap the Three-dotted button at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Step 5: Lastly, click Download. Check your local gallery afterward and find the newly recovered photo.
Solution 2: Recover pictures from Google Drive.
Do you use your Google Drive account to back up important files and pictures from your mobile device? If so, you’ll be able to recover deleted pictures on your Android phones quickly and easily. Here’s how to do it.
- Step 1: Launch the Google Drive application on your mobile device.
- Step 2: Click Files at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Step 3: Locate the specific folder containing the picture you want to recover and click on it.
- Step 4: Find the picture inside the folder. Right after, click on it.
- Step 5: Click the Three-dotted button at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Step 6: Click Download.
- Step 7: Check your locate gallery and find the newly restored picture.
Solution 3: Recover pictures from Microsoft OneDrive
Another digital storage you can use to back up your pictures is Microsoft OneDrive. It initially offers 5GB of free memory, but you can expand it with a paid subscription. Here’s a short guide on how to recover deleted pictures on Android smartphones from OneDrive backup.
- Step 1: Open the OneDrive app on your device.
- Step 2: Click Photos on the bottom menu bar.
- Step 3: Browse the gallery and find the picture you want to recover. Alternatively, click Albums and find the picture from a specific folder. Click on it afterward.
- Step 4: Click Download on the bottom menu bar. When prompted, choose a local folder where you want to restore the picture. Lastly, click Save.
- Step 5: Open your local gallery app and find the newly recovered picture.
Solution 4: Recover pictures from your computer.
It’s still a customary practice for many people to copy important files and pictures from their smartphones to their computers. If you’re one of them, you can easily recover deleted pictures on your Android smartphone. Here’s the tutorial for you.
- Step 1: Connect your Android smartphone to the computer using a data cable. Choose Transfer Photos to use the connection for file transfer.
- Step 2: On your computer, open the folder that contains the picture you want to recover.
- Step 3: Right-click on the picture and then tap Copy.
- Step 4: On the left-side panel of File Explorer, click This PC.
- Step 5: Find and click your smartphone under the Device and Drives section.
- Step 6: Click Internal Shared Storage.
- Step 7: Click Pictures.
- Step 8: Click the folder where you want to restore the deleted picture.
- Step 9: From there, paste the picture.
- Step 10: On your mobile device, check the local gallery and find the newly recovered picture.
Solution 5: Recover deleted pics on Android using Wondershare Dr.Fone.
Let’s say you don’t have any backup files for your pictures. How do you recover deleted pictures on an Android phone in this kind of situation? The answer is very simple. Use a picture recovery app for Android. By far, the best picture recovery app for Android is Wondershare Dr.Fone. Here’s how to use it in easy steps.
- Step 1: Download the Wondershare Dr.Fone picture recovery app for Android on Google Playstore.
- Step 2: Launch it on your device. Right after, sign in or create an account to proceed.
- Step 3: Click Photos under the Recover From Deep Scan section.
- Step 4: Choose the pictures you want to recover. Right after, click Recover.
- Step 5: After the restoration process has been completed, go to your local gallery and check the newly recovered pictures.
Data loss, regardless of whether pictures are involved or not, is totally unpredictable. Most of the time, there is no warning that such an unfortunate occurrence will happen. That’s why it’s best to back up your files to online or offline storage. As discussed earlier, it’s easy to recover deleted pictures on Android from Google Photos, Google Drive, One Drive, or computers. But don’t worry if you ever lose your pictures without any backup files. Wondershare Dr.Fone is the best picture recovery app for Android that can help you a lot. Download it for free on Google Playstore.
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- 11. Best Mobile Forensics Tools to Recover Data
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips