How to Recover Data from Dead Phone Internal Memory
“I was riding my bike and my phone fell out of my pocket. Now, it has gotten completely shattered and I’m unable to use it at all. Is there a way to recover my files from the internal memory before I buy a new phone?”
If this situation sounds a bit familiar, we can understand your frustration. The thought of losing all their valuable files due to unexpected damage to the phone can easily make anyone furious. Fortunately, there are recovery solutions that’ll help you recover data from a dead phone’s internal memory and get back all your important files before saying a permanent goodbye to your dead phone.
In this guide, we are going to discuss a few of these solutions so that you don’t have to deal with potential data loss. Whether your phone fell into the pool or became unresponsive due to a software-related error, these methods will help you retrieve all your files without any hassle.
- Part 1: What Causes a Phone to Become Dead
- Part 2: Recover Data from Dead Phone's Internal Memory Using a Professional Recovery Software
- Part 3: Recover Data From a Dead Phone's Internal Memory Using Google Drive
In general, there are several reasons that can cause a phone to become unresponsive/dead. For instance, if you frequently overcharge your phone, its battery can get damaged and affect other components on the circuit board as well. Similarly, longer exposure to the water can also damage a phone, even if it’s water-repellent. Here are some of the additional causes that can make your phone unresponsive.
- A sudden fall on a hard surface (floor or rocks) can damage the phone
- Overcharging is also one of the major causes for a phone to become unresponsive
- If you install third-party applications from untrusted sources, they can damage the firmware on your device and make it dead
The easiest and most convenient way to recover data from a dead phone’s internal memory is to use professional data recovery software. Now, even though there are many options available in the market, you need to look for an application that supports data recovery from dead phones. To make your job easier, we recommend using Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery. It’s a fully-functional data recovery tool that’s specifically tailored to recovery files from Android devices.
The tool offers three different recovery modes, i.e., internal memory recovery, SD Card Recovery, and Broken Phone Recovery. This means you’ll be able to access the dead phone’s memory and recover important files easily. Dr.Fone also supports multiple file formats, making it easier for the users to retrieve different types of data.
Here are a few key features that make Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery the best solution to recover files from the internal memory of a dead phone.
- Recover files from a dead phone without a backup
- Compatible with 6000+ Android devices
- Recover files in different situations, be it accidental deletion or water damage
- Recover different types of files including documents, contacts, pictures, call logs, messages, etc.
So, here’s the step-by-step process to recover files from a dead phone’s internal memory using Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery.
Step 1 - Install Dr.Fone Toolkit on your PC and launch the software. On its home screen, select “Data Recovery”.
Step 2 - Now, connect your smartphone to the computer and click “Recover Android Data” to get started.
Step 3 - From the left menu bar, select “Recover From Broken Phone” and choose the file types that you want to recover. Then, click “Next” to proceed further.
Step 4 - Select the fault type as per your situation and click “Next”. You can choose between “touchscreen not working” and “black/broken screen”.
Step 5 - At this point, you’ll have to provide the smartphone’s information. To do this, use the drop-down menu and select the device name & its model. Again, click “Next”.
Step 6 - Now, follow the on-screen instructions to put your device in “Download Mode”.
Step 7 - Once the device is in “Download Mode”, Dr.Fone will start scanning its internal storage and fetch out all the files.
Step 8 - After the scanning process completes, you’ll see a list of all the files on your screen. The data will be sorted in the form of categories, making it easier to find specific files.
Step 9 - Select the files that you want to get back and click “Recover to Computer” to save them on your PC.
That’s how to recover data from a dead phone’s internal memory using Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery. This will be an ideal tool when you want to get back different types of files (contacts, call logs, images, videos, etc.), but don’t have a backup. The tool will perform a detailed scan on your device’s internal storage and you’ll be able to recover the desired files without any hassle.
Another way to retrieve data from a dead phone is to use Google Drive backup. Many Android users configure their Google account to automatically back up data from their device and save it on the cloud. If you’re one of them, you can use this cloud backup to retrieve files.
However, this method has a few drawbacks. For instance, you won’t be able to retrieve the latest files from the memory (that haven’t been backed up yet). Moreover, Google Drive backup can only be used to retrieve limited files. You won’t be able to retrieve data such as call logs, messages, or sometimes even contacts.
So, if you’re ready to make these compromises, here’s how to recover data from a Google Drive backup.
Step 1 - Set up your new Android device using the same Google account credentials that you used to back up data on the previous device.
Step 2 - As soon as you’ll log-in with your Google account, you’ll see a list of all the devices that are linked to this account.
Step 3 - Select the last device and click “Restore” in the bottom-right corner to recover all the files from the Google Drive backup.
That concludes our guide on how to recover data from a dead phone’s internal memory. Recovering data from a dead/unresponsive device is never an easy task, especially if you don’t have the right tool or a cloud backup. But, with a recovery tool such as Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery, you’ll be able to get back all the files without any hassle. The tool will perform a detailed scan of the internal location so that you can retrieve all your files and save them securely in a safer location.
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips