3 Ways to Recover Deleted Messages on Android
Having an unexpected data loss is a kind of situation that no Android user would like to experience. Besides photos or contacts, our messages are also of utmost importance. If you have lost your text messages, then you need to follow an expert approach. A lot of articles will introduce you to tactics for Android SMS recovery. As someone who belongs to the data recovery background, I can assure you there are only a handful of tools that can perform text recovery on Android. I will discuss a few of these techniques in this guide. Read on and learn how to recover deleted text messages on Android in a foolproof manner.
- Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android with Computer?
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Messages from Android Without Computer?
- Part 3. Your Carrier May Have Your Deleted Text Messages Stored
- Part 4. Android SMS Recovery: Why is This Possible?
- Part 5. Never Lose Important Messages on Android Again
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android with Computer
After we find out that some important text messages are deleted accidentally, the sooner we take action to recover them, the better. Because the deleted data may be overwritten by new data. Once the data is overwritten, it's hard to get back the messages again. To avoid data overwritten happening, you can use an SMS recovery tool to retrieve the lost and deleted content from your device imminently. Being one of the first Android data recovery tools out there, Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) will be a perfect solution. It is a part of the Dr.Fone toolkit and is known to have the highest success rate in the industry. Without having any technical knowledge, you can use this tool to recover deleted text messages on Android.
Recover Android Text Messages without Hassle. Best Recovery Rate in Industry.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including WhatsApp,Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- It supports data recovery under different scenarios, such as virus attack, corrupt storage, rooting error, unresponsive device, system crash, etc.
- Compatible with more than 6000 Android devices.
Not only is Dr.Fone – Data Recovery the world’s first data recovery tool for Android, it is also the most advanced software that you can use. At present, to be honest, the tool can recover deleted messages only if your Android phone is rooted or earlier than Android 8.0. Anyway, in order to learn how to recover deleted messages on supported Android versions using Dr.Fone, simply follow these steps:
- Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery whenever you wish to perform an SMS recovery on your Android. Once the toolkit is launched, go to its “Data Recovery” module.
Beforehand, make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging feature on your phone. To do this, visit your phone’s Settings > About Phone and tap the “Build Number” seven consecutive times. After that, go to the Developer Options on your device and turn on the “USB Debugging” feature.
Editor's Pick: How to enable USB debugging on different Android devices?
- Step 2. Connect your phone to the system and select “Recover phone data” from the left panel. This is because text messages are stored on the phone’s internal memory by default.
Great! Now you can just select the kind of data you wish you recover. To recover messages, select the “Messaging” feature. You can select any other data type as well. After making the appropriate selections, click on the “Next” button.
Editor's Pick: How to enable USB debugging on different Android devices?
- Step 3. After analyzing your device, the application will automatically start performing the data recovery process. Simply wait for a while as Dr.Fone will recover deleted texts from Android. Make sure that your device is connected to the system till the process is completed.
- Step 4. The application will provide a preview of all the retrieved content on its interface. For your convenience, all the extracted data will be well-categorized. Go to the Messages tab and select the texts you wish to retrieve. After making your selection, click on the “Recover” button to get them back.
Dr.Fone will display all deleted sms
In the end, you can safely remove your device and access all the recovered text messages. Besides performing a data recovery on your Android device, you can also recover data from the SD card or a broken Android device as well. Just go to their respective options from the left panel and follow a simple click-through process.
Video on how to recover deleted text messages on Android devices
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Messages from Android Without Computer?
If you can’t access a computer to perform text recovery on Android, then don’t worry – there is still a way to get your deleted texts back. Besides having a dedicated toolkit, Dr.Fone also has a freely available Android app. All you need to do is download the Dr.Fone - Data Recoveryy & Transfer wirelessly & Backup app. This all-in-one app can take a backup of your Android device, recover the deleted content, or transfer content between Android and PC.
Recover Android Text Messages without Computer.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more.
- Android Recycle Bin feature enables you to restore deleted photos and videos easily.
- Support to transfer files between Android devices and PC wirelessly.
- Support both rooted and unrooted Android devices.
If your device is not rooted, then the app can only recover deleted content from its cache. In order to recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc. from your device in an extensive manner, it has to be rooted. The app also supports a “deep recovery” of the data. Therefore, it is recommended to root your Android device beforehand if you want to get constructive results from the app. Afterward, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Step 1. Download the app on your Android device and launch it to perform Android message recovery. Select the “Recovery” operation from its welcome screen.
- Step 2. The app will let you know the type of data it can recover. In order to recover deleted text messages on Android, tap on the “Messages Recovery” option.
- Step 3. Simply wait for a while as the app will start retrieving the lost or deleted content from your device. Don’t close the app during the recovery process.
- Step 4. In the end, you will get a preview of your recovered data. From here, you can directly recover your messages to the default messaging app on your device.
Recover Android SMS without computer - using Dr.Fone App
That’s it! By following these steps, you can learn how to recover deleted text messages on Android without any computer. If you are not satisfied with the results, then you can also perform a Deep Recovery on the device as well.
Part 3. Your Carrier May Have Your Deleted Text Messages Stored
After facing an unexpected data loss, you should try to explore different options to get your data back. If you are lucky, you would be able to recover deleted messages from your carrier. This is one of the easiest solutions to recover text messages on Android that most users don’t even consider. When we send a text message to someone, it first goes through our network. Later, it is transferred to their network and finally gets delivered to their device.
Therefore, if you are lucky, your carrier could have just stored these messages. Most of the carriers store messages for the last 30 days. You can visit your account details online or get in touch with their customer support. In this way, you can recover deleted text messages on Android without using any third-party tool.
Retrieve deleted text messages from service providers
Part 4. Android SMS Recovery: Why is This Possible?
You might be wondering if your data has been deleted from your device, then how can it be recovered. To understand this, you need to know more about file allocation and deletion. Almost every smart device we use stores data via a file system. A file allocation table is its main authority that contains information about the allocated space on the device memory. After when any data is deleted, it is marked as unallocated.
Even though the data actually remains in the memory, it becomes available to be overwritten. Since it is not allocated, you can’t access it directly. Thus, your deleted data becomes “invisible” and can be replaced. If you keep using your device, then the space allocated to it will simply be reused by something else. Therefore, if your data has been deleted from your device, you should stop using it and take the assistance of a recovery tool immediately to access it again.
Part 5. Never Lose Important Messages on Android Again
After using a tool like Dr.Fone – Recover, you are sure to retrieve deleted messages on Android. Nevertheless, it is always recommended to be safe than sorry. If you don’t want to go through so much unwanted hassle, follow these suggestions.
- Most importantly, backup Android text messages to make sure you don’t face any unwanted data loss. We recommend using Dr.Fone – Backup & Restore (Android) to maintain a second copy of your data. The tool can be used to backup and restore your data (entirely or selectively).
- You can also sync your messages with a cloud service as well. There are plenty of paid and freely available apps that can simply sync your messages automatically.
- Besides text messages, you can also lose important messages of IM and social apps (like WhatsApp). Most of these apps allow us to take a backup of our chat. For instance, if you use WhatsApp, you can go to its Chat Settings and take a backup of its chats to Google Drive (or iCloud for iPhone). Check detailed guide to backup WhatsApp messages here.
- Avoid downloading attachments from anonymous sources or opening suspicious links. A malware can corrupt your device storage and end up deleting your data.
- Make sure that you have taken a backup of your data before performing any crucial step, like Android software update, rooting of the device, and so on.
Now when you know how to recover deleted messages on Android, you can easily get your lost or deleted data back. Besides messages, Dr.Fone – Recover can help you retrieve other kinds of data as well. It is a user-friendly tool and features a simple click-through process that will certainly make things easier for you. Since we can experience a data loss out of the blue, it is important to keep a recovery tool handy. You never know, when Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) might end up saving the day!
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- 11. Best Mobile Forensics Tools to Recover Data
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips