How to Recover Text Messages from a Broken Android Device
There are several ways that people could break their phones. They range from simple accidents to outrageous freak accidents that make history. Some of these accidents that can break your Android device happen more than others. Let's look at the top three most popular ways to break your phone.
1.Dropping your device
We all know this one; almost everyone has a broken phone in this way. It is estimated that 30% of all broken phones happen because of simply dropping the phone. What is surprising, however, is that sometimes people drop phones when they try to toss the phone to a friend across the room.
Water is another way that phones get destroyed. A lot of times, your phone can fall into the bath or toilet. With water, however, there is a slight chance that you could save your phone if you dry it out fast enough. Water is responsible for 18% of all broken phones.
There are several other unusual ways to break your phone, and they all fall in the other category. They include things like sink-hole, your phone falling from roller coaster rides. Believe it or not, they happen a lot more often than you think.
When one of these situations happens, the worst thing is not the phone is broken, but we are unable to access the precious data, such as contacts, text messages, and more that have been stored in the phone memory, anymore. Fortunately, now we have Dr.Fone - Data Recovery, which can help us to recover SMS messages from broken Android phones. Let's see how it works.
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way, such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Retrieve SMS from your broken Android phone in steps
Before doing anything else, have a look at the primary window of Dr.Fone.
Step 1. Run Dr.Fone - Data Recovery
Firstly, install and run the program on your computer, connect your broken Android device to the computer with a USB cable. After that, select "Data Recovery" and then goes to Recover from a broken phone. Then choose the file type "Messaging" to recover text messages from a broken Android phone. Obviously, Dr.Fone - Data Recovery can also support to recover other data types, such as Contacts, Call history, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Gallery, Audio, and more.
Note: When recovering data from broken Android, the software temporarily supports only devices earlier than Android 8.0, or it must be rooted.
Step 2. Select Fault Types
In the below window, one is "Touch doesn't work or cannot access the phone", and the other is "Black/broken screen". Select the second one since we'd like to recover text messages from broken Android. Then it will lead you to the next step.
Then, select the correct Device Name and Device Model for your broken Android phone.
What you need to do after the data analysis is to scan your broken Android device to find the deleted messages. First, you need to click the "Allow" button appearing on the screen of your broken Android after the data analysis. When the "Allow" button disappears, click the "Start" button on the program's window to let it scan your broken Android.
Step 3. Enter Download Mode
Now, you can follow the instructions on the below window to get your Android phone into the Download Mode.
- • Power off the phone.
- • Press and hold Volume "-", "Home" and "Power" button on the phone.
- • Press the "Volume +" button to enter download mode.
Step 4. Analyze Broken Phone
Then Dr.Fone analyzes your Android device automatically.
Step 5. Preview and Recover Text Messages
The analysis and scan process will cost you some time. When deleted and undeleted messages have been scanned, it will present you with a note. Then you can begin to preview and check those messages in detail. Choose those you want and click "Recover" to save them on your computer with one click.
Moreover, you also can preview and recover contacts, photos, and video (no preview) here, and recover them to your computer if you have a need. As to the messages and contacts, they're not only those recently deleted from your device but also those currently existing on your broken Android device. You can use the button on the top: Only display deleted items to separate them. Of course, you can distinguish them by colors.
Congratulations! You have recovered SMS messages from your broken Android phone, and they have been saved on your computer.
- Take good care of your phone and remember to back up your data as often as possible.
- Erase your private data on your broken phone if you don't want to use it anymore. SafeEraser can permanently erase your Android & iPhone and protect your private information when selling, recycling, or donating your old device.
A broken phone can cause a great deal of stress to the user. It, therefore, helps to have a few tricks up your sleeve to help you fix your broken phone. The following tips can come in handy for you when you try to fix a broken Android device.
1. How to repair a broken front screen
It is very important that you fix be very careful when fixing your broken home screen. The following tips should help you do this easily.
- Start by removing the SIM card
- Next, remove the broken display. You can do this easily by removing the two screws on the bottom edge of the phone and then gently lifting the panel. You can use a tool such as a suction cup to do this. Be careful not to pull the panel too far. You may need to disconnect a few panels that are connected to the panel
- Before you transfer a new panel, you will need to transfer the Home button.
- Once the home button has been transferred, you are now ready to install the new front screen display. Start by reconnecting the cables at the top panel and then reconnecting the Home Button. Finally, press the new screen on and secure it using the two screws. Power up the phone to ensure that everything is working the way it should be.
2. How to repair a broken Back Screen
The rear panel of your phone is just as important, and here's how you can replace a broken one.
- Ensuring your phone is turned off, the first step is to remove the defective back panel. If there are screws, use a small tool such as a screwdriver to remove it.
- You can also use suction cups to lift the back panel very carefully from the phone
- Replace the defective rear panel with a new one being extra careful if your device has a rear camera. The last thing you want is to damage the camera lens.
3. How to repair a broken home button
To replace the home button, take the following tips into consideration.
- Remove the screw that secures the home button
- It is important that you note the exact location of this screw you will need it in the next step
- Very carefully and gently, pry the home button cable away from the front panel and then the button itself
- Once it is free, you can easily replace it and be sure to be very careful.
Of course, if all of these steps seem too technical for you, the next best thing would be to call a phone repair technician. Most of them can do these repair services very easily and quickly.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Message Sending Tricks
- Send Anonymous Messages
- Send Group Message
- Send and Receive Message from Computer
- Send Free Message from Computer
- Online Message Operations
- SMS Services
- Message Protection
- Various Message Operations
- Forward Text Message
- Track Messages
- Read Messages
- Get Message Records
- Schedule Messages
- Recover Sony Messages
- Sync Message across Multiple Devices
- View iMessage History
- Love Messages
- Message Tricks for Android
- Message Apps for Android
- Recover Android Messages
- Recover Android Facebook Message
- Recover Messages from Broken Adnroid
- Recover Messages from SIM Card on Adnroid
- Samsung-Specific Message Tips