How to Recover Photos Deleted on Android Devices
“I'm about to migrate the photos from my Android. The terrible part is I accidentally tapped the ‘Delete All’ in haste. Now all important photos vanished away! Can anyone suggest me how to recover deleted photos from Android?”
Well! Your problem sounds pretty serious, and there are numerous situations when it becomes imperative to recover deleted pictures on Android. For example, you might have accidentally deleted your photos or may have been facing the aftermath of a virus attack.
Not any clue about how to recover deleted photos from Android? Fret not because you have landed in the right place.
This article has collected the most proper solutions to recover deleted Android photos. Here’s a quick snap of what we are going to feature in this article:
Causes of photo loss on Android
Here we have listed the most common reasons that might result in cases of data loss.
Formatted the SD card
Assume that your SD card is full and you want to free some space. But, in place of copying the data to a computer, you accidentally formatted the SD card. Either trying to free up space, fixing a virus-infected SD card, you, unfortunately, have lost the photos and other data. Retrieving valuable Android photos and data recovery becomes essential in such a situation.
Accidentally delete photos
Accidental data deletion often happens with most people. You might have selected the wrong data while deleting the unwanted photos, or might have tapped the delete key in place of transfer/copy/move.
Phone or screen broken
At times your phone slips out of your hands and hits the floor. There are scenarios when the display stays intact but the underlying circuits get messed up and become unresponsive to your touch. Or, in case the touch sensor is working, but the screen is at its worst condition (broken display). In both situations, there is no surety that you might ever be able to recover your data from the device. In such situations too Android photo recovery becomes imperative.
Though it is not so common, it’s not impossible that you might lose data due to an Android update. Usually, Android update refreshes your device’s OS by fixing its bugs and may also result in erasing the photos during the update process. So, you would possibly need to recover deleted photos from the Android phone if this is what you’ve experienced.
Cautions before recovering deleted photos
Stop using your phone
As soon as you find out that you have deleted some vital data, stop using your phone until you carry out Android photo recovery. If you continue to use your Android phone to click more pictures or receive them through any means, then the deleted photos will get permanently overwritten with the new ones.
When you delete a picture only its address in the memory changes, but the moment more data queues up in the memory that space/address is occupied by a new file and you might permanently lose the data. Recovering deleted pictures from Android using a data recovery software, as soon as you lose any data is always recommended.
Deactivate the Wi-Fi, mobile data, Bluetooth connection
As we have already mentioned in the previous step. Any operation involving the data sending or receiving might higher the risk of permanent deletion of Android’s data, due to space/address overwriting phenomenon.
Wireless data exchange also allows the memory overwriting activity and makes your deleted data vulnerable to permanent loss and makes Android recovery of deleted photos difficult. If you experience a data loss situation, ensure to turn off Wi-Fi, mobile data or Bluetooth in order to stand a chance to recover deleted pictures from Android.
Find a reliable recovery tool
With numerous data recovery tools floating around the market along with their varied features, you must be careful while picking the most efficient and safe way for Android photo recovery. Considering this, we have brought to you a reliable and highly trusted software for Android recovery of deleted photos.
Dr.Fone – Data Recover is one of the most sought-after tools to recover deleted pictures (and recover deleted videos) from Android phones. The data loss occurred due to OS update, factory restores, rooting or ROM flashing, locked or password forgotten phone, or failed backup sync, you can always trust this software to recover deleted photos from Android effectively and efficiently.
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software
- The software is a leader for Android recovery tools that retrieve deleted photos with a high success rate.
- Not only recovers deleted pictures from Android, but also recovers messages, videos, call history, WhatsApp, documents, contacts, and a lot more.
- The software works wonderfully with more than 6000 Android devices.
- You can selectively recover deleted photos and other Android device data depending on your needs.
- This software also allows you to scan and preview your deleted data prior to recovering them.
- Be it a broken Android phone, SD card, or rooted and un-rooted Android phone, Dr.Fone – Data Recovery literally recovers data from almost any device.
3 scenarios: Recover deleted photos on Android using a PC
Scenario 1: Recover deleted photos on Android devices
Please note that the Android photo recovery software can recover deleted photos from Android only if the device is either before Android 8.0 or rooted.
Step 1. Run this Android photo recovery software on your computer, once you've downloaded and installed it. Then, select the "Data Recovery" feature and you will see the window below.
Step 2. Connect your Android device to the computer. It is important that you ensure your phone’s battery level is at least 20% for you to be able to do this easily.
If you didn't enable the USB debugging on your device, you will see the window below. Then turn to your device and enable it. If you've already enabled it before, skip this step.
Once your device is connected successfully, you can see the window of this Android photo recovery software below.
Step 3. Check "Gallery" and then click "Next" to continue. If you also want to check other kinds of file, you can check them at the same time.
Then you can see that there are two modes of scan for your choice. The Standard Mode is recommended as your first try. It works for most the situations. When it doesn't, you can switch to the advanced one as a second try later. Next, click "Start" to continue.
The process of the scan will take you some time. Just wait and keep patient.
Step 4. When the scan stops, you can begin to preview all found data in the scan result one by one. To recover photos from Android, choose "Gallery" and you can preview them. Check the item that you want and click "Recover" to save it.
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android Without Root
- How to Recover Deleted Videos on Android Phone &Tablet
Scenario 2: Recover deleted photos on Android SD cards
Step 1. Choose "Recover from SD Card" from the side menu after you launch Dr.Fone - Data Recovery. Then you will see the window below.
Step 2. Connect your Android device to the computer and make sure that it's detected successfully. Or you can take off the SD card from your Android device, and plug it into the computer via a card reader. When the program recognizes your SD card, the window will be like below. Click "Next" to move on.
Step 3. Then choose a scan mode and continue by clicking on the "Next" button.
Then the program will begin scanning your Android SD card. Wait until it's complete.
Step 4. You can preview all pictures in the category of "Gallery" in the scan result. Check the item that you want and click "Recover" to save it.
- Android Partition Manager: How to Partition SD Card for Android
- Top 5 Android Memory Management Tool to Get the Most Memory of Android
Scenario 3: Recover deleted photos on broken Android devices
At present, the software can access deleted photos on broken Android only if it is rooted or earlier than Android 8.0.
Step 1. Choose "Recover from broken phone" from the side menu of the program, if you want to recover deleted photos from a broken Android device. Then you will see the window as follows.
You can select to retrieve what you want from your broken Android device. For photos, please make the "Gallery" option selected. Then click "Start" to go to the next step.
Step 2. There are two kinds of situations about a broken Android device that this Android photo recovery works for: Touch doesn't work or cannot access the phone, and black/broken screen. Choose the one for your reason and click on it to move forward.
Step 3. When you're here, choose the name and the model of your device, and click "Next".
Step 4. Follow the intruction on the program and set your Android device to get it into the Download Mode.
Step 5. After entering the download mode, get your device connected to the computer. When Dr.Fone detects it, it will start analyzing and scanning your device for data on it.
Step 6. When the scan is complete, you can begin previewing all found data on your device. For deleted photos, please choose "Gallery" and select the items that you want. Then click "Recover" to save them.
How to recover deleted photos on Android without PC
Although you have deleted your photos from your Android phone, they are still recoverable if your photos have been synced using Google Photos over your Gmail account. But, you need to recover the deleted photos from Android within 60 days, as they will be deleted from Google Photos trash after that forever.
Recover deleted photos from Google Photos
To recover deleted photos from Android device using Google Photos –
- Login to your Google account on the Google Photos app.
- Now, hit the Menu button (3 horizontal bars on top-left) > then tap on Trash > select photos > and finally hit on ‘Restore’.
Tips for preventing losing photos
It is important to backup your pictures!
Taking a backup always helps you. It keeps your data safe be it on your computer or on cloud storage. These backup files can help you recover deleted photos from Android when you’re experiencing data loss. Even if you lose or change a device, you can restore data from the backup files easily.
Backup to Cloud
Many people choose to back up their photos to the cloud due to the ultimate convenience. You can get photos from the cloud without reliance on any cables. However, cloud storage is vulnerable to lose and malware threats, hacking, and leaked data. Moreover, you sometimes have to pay a monthly fee for backing up your data (beyond the free limit) to a cloud storage account, for instance, Google Drive allows you to store data up to 15 GB of size.
Backup to PC
While considering a one click backup and restore solution, Dr.Fone – Phone Backup leads the race. Using this tool you can back up your entire Android data to your computer with just a single click. The tool is well trusted by millions of global users as this software ensures to back up your data without overwriting any of the existing data at all.
Easy and Reliable Way to Backup and Restore Android Photos and More
- Using this tool, you can preview and then restore to any Android/iOS device.
- It supports backup and recovery of various file types including call logs, messages, apps, application data (for rooted device), audio, calendar, video, etc.
- It selectively restores data after previewing.
- It supports more than 6000 Android mobiles and keeps your data 100% safe.
- The data is only read by the software and isn’t lost while it is backed up, exported, or restored.
- Complete Guide to Backup Android Devices
- How to Take A Full Backup of Android Phone With/Without Root
- Backup Android to Mac: Top ways to backup Android files to Mac
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips