How to Recover Deleted Music Files on Android
Nothing is more annoying, to music lovers at least when you find that one or more of your favorite songs is missing from your playlist. You check to see if it’s the player that is messing with you but no, the file is actually gone. This can happen for lots of reasons chief among them being accidental deletion. If you had a backup of all your music, then the solution is as easy as simply restoring the backup. But if you didn’t, you need an alternative.
In this article we are going to be looking at the best way to recover lost music files on your Android device. Let’s begin with where music files are stored on your device.
- Part 1: Where is music saved on Android device?
- Part 2: How to recover deleted music files from Android
- Part 3: How to prevent music from deleting on your Android device
Part 1: Where is music saved on Android device?
Most people will either store music on their device’s storage or on an external SD card. The choice typically depends on where you want to store your music files as well as how many music files you have. If you have a large collection of music files, then it makes sense to store the files on an SD card. There should be a folder on both your device’s storage and the SD card that is labeled “Music.”
Part 2: How to recover deleted music files from Android
As we mentioned in the introductory part of this article, unless you had a backup of your music files, you would need a recovery tool to help you get them back. There are so many data recovery tools in the market but by far the best is Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android). This software is designed to recover lost data from Android devices even if the device has been damaged in some way. Some of the features that make it the right choice for you include;
Recover deleted/lost music files on Android smartphones/tablets.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Support various file types, including WhatsApp,Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- Recover deleted music files without root access if the device is later than Android 8.0
How to use Dr.Fone to recover your deleted music
Follow these very simple steps to use Dr.Fone for Android to recover lost music from your Android device.
Step 1: Begin by downloading and installing Dr.Fone to your computer. Launch the program and then connect the device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 2: If you hadn’t enabled USB debugging on your device, you will receive a request to do that now. If you had already done that, you can skip this step.
Step 3: In the next window, select the file type you would like to recover. In this case, since we lost Music, we need to select Audio from the presented options.
Step 4: Click “Next” and the program will begin an analysis and scan of your device.
Step 5: Allow Dr.Fone some time to complete scanning your device. This process may take some time depending on the amount of data you have on your device. If there is a Super user authorization request on your device, tap “Allow” to continue.
Step 6: Once the scan is complete, you should see the data that Dr.Fone has found listed in the next window. Select the music files you had lost and want to recover and then click “Recover” to save them to your computer. You can then transfer these files to your device.
If the deleted music was on your SD card, follow these very simple steps to recover the files.
Step 1: Launch Dr.Fone and then connect your SD card to the computer using an SD card reader.
Step 2: The program should detect the SD card. Select it and then click "Next" to continue.
Step 3: Select a scanning mode. You can choose between the advanced and standard scanning mode and click "Next" to continue.
Step 4: The program will begin scanning your SD card. Give it some time.
Step 5: Once the scan is complete, select the music files you would like to recover and then click on "Restore to Device" or "Recover to Computer".
Just like that, you have all your missing music files back.
Part 3: How to prevent music from deleting on your Android device
Sometimes your music files can disappear from your device out of no fault on your part. Maybe it was due to damage to your device or a software update that didn’t go according to plan. But there are ways that you can prevent data loss of any kind, not just music. The following are a few things you can do;
- We know that you hear this a lot, but the best way to prevent data loss is to have a backup. Therefore it is very important that you regularly update your backups. It may not hurt to have a copy of your music library on your computer.
- Before you undertake any software update or rooting procedure, backup all the data on your device, you never know what may happen.
- As much as you can, avoid letting children play with your device. Many accidental deletion incidents are caused by children tapping the wrong option.
- If you want to keep your Deezer music, you can also download Deezer music, and save it on your computer or smartphone.
As important as backups are, they are never completely foolproof. But thanks to Dr.Fone for Android, now you have a solution for those rare times when you lose music files that are not on any of your backups.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data
- Selectively backup Android data to the computer with one click.
- Preview and restore the backup to any Android device.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export, or restoration.
Android Data Recovery
- 1 Recover Android File
- Undelete Android
- Android File Recovery
- Recover Deleted Files from Android
- Download Android Data Recovery
- Android Recycle Bin
- Recover Deleted Call Log on Android
- Recover Deleted Contacts from Android
- Recover Deleted Files Android Without Root
- Retrieve Deleted Text Without Computer
- SD Card Recovery for Android
- Phone Memory Data Recovery
- 2 Recover Android Media
- Recover Deleted Photos on Android
- Recover Deleted Video from Android
- Recover Deleted Music from Android
- Recover Deleted Photos Android Without Computer
- Recover Deleted Photos Android Internal Storage
- 3. Android Data Recovery Alternatives