Expert Tips: How to Recover Deleted Music Files on Android?
Nothing is more annoying, to music lovers at least when you find that one or more of your favorite songs is missing from your playlist. You check to see if it’s the player that is messing with you but no, the file is actually gone. This can happen for lots of reasons chief among them being accidental deletion. If you had a backup of all your music, then the solution is as easy as simply restoring the backup. But if you didn’t, you need an alternative.
In this article we are going to be looking at the best way to recover lost music files on your Android device. Let’s begin with where music files are stored on your device.
Part 1: Where is Music Saved on Android Device?
Most people will either store music on their device’s storage or on an external SD card. The choice typically depends on where you want to store your music files as well as how many music files you have. If you have a large collection of music files, then it makes sense to store the files on an SD card. There should be a folder on both your device’s storage and the SD card that is labeled “Music.”
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Music Files from Android?
As we mentioned in the introductory part of this article, unless you had a backup of your music files, you would need a recovery tool to help you get them back. There are so many data recovery tools in the market but by far the best is Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android). This software is designed to recover lost data from Android devices even if the device has been damaged in some way. Some of the features that make it the right choice for you include;
Recover deleted/lost music files on Android smartphones/tablets.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Support various file types, including WhatsApp,Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- Recover deleted music files without root access if the device is later than Android 8.0
How to use Dr.Fone to Recover Your Deleted Music?
Follow these very simple steps to use Dr.Fone for Android to recover lost music from your Android device.
- Step 1: Begin by downloading and installing Dr.Fone to your computer. Launch the program and then connect the device to your computer using the USB cable.
- Step 2: If you hadn’t enabled USB debugging on your device, you will receive a request to do that now. If you had already done that, you can skip this step.
- Step 3: In the next window, select the file type you would like to recover. In this case, since we lost Music, we need to select Audio from the presented options.
- Step 4: Click “Start Scan” and the program will begin an analysis and scan of your device.
- Step 5: Allow Dr.Fone some time to complete scanning your device. This process may take some time depending on the amount of data you have on your device. If there is a Super user authorization request on your device, tap “Allow” to continue.
- Step 6: Once the scan is complete, you should see the data that Dr.Fone has found listed in the next window. Select the music files you had lost and want to recover and then click “Recover” to save them to your computer. You can then transfer these files to your device.
Part 3: How to Prevent Music from Deleting on Your Android Device?
Sometimes your music files can disappear from your device out of no fault on your part. Maybe it was due to damage to your device or a software update that didn’t go according to plan. But there are ways that you can prevent data loss of any kind, not just music. The following are a few things you can do:
- We know that you hear this a lot, but the best way to prevent data loss is to have a backup. Therefore it is very important that you regularly update your backups. It may not hurt to have a copy of your music library on your computer.
- Before you undertake any software update or rooting procedure, backup all the data on your device, you never know what may happen.
- As much as you can, avoid letting children play with your device. Many accidental deletion incidents are caused by children tapping the wrong option.
- If you want to keep your Deezer music, you can also download Deezer music, and save it on your computer or smartphone.
As important as backups are, they are never completely foolproof. But thanks to Dr.Fone for Android, now you have a solution for those rare times when you lose music files that are not on any of your backups.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data
- Selectively backup Android data to the computer with one click.
- Preview and restore the backup to any Android device.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export, or restoration.
- Recover Apps
- 1. Data Recovery Software for Android
- 2. Top 4 Android Data Recovery Tools
- 3. Restore Deleted Files on Android
- 4. Coolmuster Android Data Recovery
- 5. Guide of Disk Drill for Android
- 6. Android Data Recovery Software
- 7. Gihosoft Android Data Recovery
- 8. Jihosoft Android Phone Recovery
- 9. Minitool Android Mobile Recovery
- 10. Recover Android Data from Fucosoft
- Contacts Recover
- Files Recover
- 1. Recover Files from Internal Memory
- 2. Recover Miscellaneous Files
- 3. Recover Android's Hidden Files
- 4. Recover Deleted Files from Android
- 4. Recover Deleted Files Without Root
- 5. Recover Files from SD Card
- 6. Undelete Files on Android
- Messages Recover
- Music/Videos Recover
- Photos Recover
- 1. Android Photo Recovery Apps
- 2. Recover Deleted Photos from Android
- 3. Recover Photo from Internal Storage
- 4. Recover Photos from Lost Phone
- 5. Restore Android Deleted Photos
- Broken Android Recover
- 1. View Files from Broken Phone Screen
- 2. Recover Data from Dead Phone
- 3. Recover Contacts with Broken Screen
- 4. Recover Text Messages from Android
- 5. Recover Data from Internal Memory
- Social Apps Recover
- 1. Recover Facebook Messages
- 2. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 3. Recover WhatsApp Messages
- 4. Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Android Recover Tips