Top 10 Efficient Ways To Fix iPhone Alarm Not Working 
An alarm is a pervasive feature that comes in the utility of many users, let's say all users who buy a smartphone. While the feature is commonly used, there are many problems associated with its operations. Some can represent a bug within the system, and some issues might involve some misjudgment by the individual. Amidst this, this article answers all questions involving iPhone alarms not making a sound.
Part 1: Why Does the iPhone Alarm Suddenly Stop Working?
For the initial parts, we will focus on discussing why the iPhone alarm is not ringing properly. An overview of all the potential reasons will help you reach the right solution for your device.
Issues With The Alarm Volume
As stated above, problems with the iPhone alarm can be both a bug and negligence. If your iPhone's alarm feature is not operating properly, it is potentially possible that the device's volume is muted or too low to hear properly. You will have to adjust the device's volume to make the alarm go off properly.
Software Updates Required
If you have not updated your iOS device for a long time, there is a possible chance of malfunction in its features. One such scenario involves the iPhone alarm not making a sound due to an outdated iOS. The only way to end such misery is to update the iOS version to the latest iteration.
Settings Of The Alarm
There is another possibility of issues with the alarm settings if it does not make any sound on your iPhone. If the user does not properly manage the settings, there is a high probability of issues in making the alarm go off. It might involve the selection of the sound or setting the time for the alarm.
Do Not Disturb Turned On
Users who have turned on their Do Not Disturb mode at any instant will never be able to hear any sound of their iPhone alarm. If the particular is turned on, there is a high chance that the alarm might not operate properly. Thus, you will have to turn off such modes to avoid the issues of iPhone alarms in your case.
Part 2: 10 Quick Fixes To Resolve iPhone Alarm Not Working Issue
As you have reviewed some quick reasons for the iPhone alarm's no sound, this will help you understand much about the potential solutions to this problem. Let us continue looking at the quick fixes that can be used to resolve the issues of iPhone alarms.
Fix 1: Check The Alarm Settings
The first thing you should always check in conditions of the iPhone alarm not ringing is the settings set for the alarm. There is a high chance that you might not have adequately defined the alarm settings for yourselves. Thus, you need to look into the following steps for a simple overview of how to check alarm settings:
- Step 1: Look for the “Clock” app on the home screen of your iPhone and launch it. Continue to select the particular alarm that did not go off properly.
- Step 2: Check whether the "Repeat" settings have been properly configured on the next screen. The selected day or custom range might be wrong, so the alarm didn't go off. Secondly, confirm whether the time for the alarm is set in AM or PM timings.
Fix 2: Increase The Alarm Volume
The sound volume is controlled by the device's sound levels by default. If there is a case where you did not hear the iPhone alarm going off, there is a possibility that the volume might not be up to the mark. In such cases, you will have to increase the alarm volume of your iOS device, which is done by:
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and continue into the “Sounds & Haptics” option in the list.
- Step 2: Look for the ringtone slider under the "Ringtone and Alert Volume" section on the next screen. Make sure the slider is on the maximum side of the bar.
Fix 3: Change The Alarm Sound
Another scenario involving the iPhone alarm with no sound is a low-pitched alarm sound used on the device. If that is the case, you will have to change the alarm sound to resolve the problem and hear the alarm properly. For that, the steps provided next show a very simple procession of changing the alarm sound:
- Step 1: Open the “Clock” app on your iPhone and continue to select a specific alarm that you found not working properly.
- Step 2: As you access the next screen, tap the "Sound" option to open the list of sounds you can set your alarm. Tap on any respective sound to change the alarm sound successfully.
Fix 4: Disconnect The Bluetooth Devices
There is a chance that you might not hear any sound from your iPhone alarm if it is connected to a Bluetooth device. If so, you will have to disconnect it properly. The best way is to turn off the Bluetooth service of your iPhone to disconnect it. This will help you operate the alarm of your iPhone properly. To know how it is done, follow the steps below to disconnect the Bluetooth devices:
- Step: Open the “Settings” of your iPhone and continue to the “Bluetooth” option in the list. Turn off the slider against the Bluetooth option to disconnect all connected devices.
Fix 5: Get Rid of Third-Party Alarm Apps
If you have multiple applications installed on your iPhone to be used as alarm apps, they will contradict each other. Such contradiction will lead to the iPhone alarm not making a sound, for which it is essential to delete third-party alarm applications. To know how to delete a third-party alarm app from your iPhone, follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Select the specific third-party alarm app on your home screen to open a pop-up of options. Proceed by choosing the “Remove App” button to uninstall the app.
- Step 2: As another pop-up opens, choose the “Delete App” button to continue removing the application from your iPhone. As another confirmation pops up, tap “Delete” to conclude the process.
Fix 6: Remove and Set The Alarm Again
Are you still facing issues with managing your iPhone alarms? This can be resolved by removing and resetting the alarm on your iPhone again. Though it is generally a manual method of resolving iPhone alarm issues, this can be effective in many ways. To know how to remove and set the iPhone alarm again, follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: As you open the "Clock" app on your iPhone, select a specific alarm from the available options. Afterward, press the "Delete Alarm" button to remove the alarm from the list.
- Step 2: Continue to tap the “+” button on the top-right of the screen to add a new alarm. Define the time, set the repeating parameters, give a label, set a ringtone, and set the toggle for snoozing the alarm. Once done, choose the “Save” option on the top to save the new alarm.
Fix 7: Restart The iPhone
Temporary bugs can also cause multiple problems in your iOS device. As an answer, you are advised to restart your iPhone properly. This will cast out all bugs from the iPhone and help you retrieve the device properly. Try restarting your iPhone by following the steps below to resolve the iPhone alarm not making sound problem:
- Step 1: Access your iPhone's Settings and lead into the "General" settings. Look for the option of "Shut Down" by scrolling through the settings and turning off your iPhone.
- Step 2: Wait for a few seconds and restart your iPhone using the “Power” button.
Fix 8: Update iOS To Update the Clock App
As discussed before, an outdated iOS app can be a significant concern in situations where you are unable to use the alarm app properly. If your iOS version is not updated properly, the Clock app might be outdated for no reason. For this, it is advised to update your iOS version to update all essential system processes, including the Clock app.
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” and navigate to the “General” options. Continue to select the “Software Update” option to open the iOS update settings.
- Step 2: As the iPhone checks for updates, it will display a specific update on the screen, if available. To start the process, tap on the "Download and Install" button to start the download.
Fix 9: Reset The Complete Settings
If you are unable to find any proper solution to the problem of an iPhone alarm not ringing, you will have to make some abrupt decisions. One decision is to reset the entire settings of the iOS device. To follow the process of resetting the iOS device settings, follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Launch your iPhone’s Settings and access the “General” settings. Continue to select the “Transfer or Reset iPhone” option to proceed next.
- Step 2: Select the "Reset" button on the next screen to lead to the following settings. Choose the "Reset All Settings" button to continue with the complete settings reset.
Fix 10: Use Wondershare Dr.Fone to Fix All iOS Alarm Issues
Wondershare Dr.Fone provides one of the most exquisite tools to manage all kinds of smartphone problems. It features itself as a comprehensive set of mobile toolkits that helps users execute multiple tasks. From backing up devices to repairing their systems, everything is possible with Wondershare Dr.Fone. Regarding its feature, System Repair (iOS) provides the user with a haven for repairing all major iOS problems.
From downgrading to upgrading iOS versions on the device without jailbreak, Wondershare Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) provides exceptional features. For fixing iOS alarm issues, this is the best solution that you can go with without compromising the data within the device.
Key Features of Wondershare Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS)
Following are some prominent features involving Wondershare Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS) that you can come across.
- You do not require iTunes to upgrade or downgrade the iOS device, keeping you away from unnecessary problems.
- The tool helps you repair more than 150 iOS system issues.
- Multiple modes are available in this repairing tool, including Standard Repair, Advanced Repair, and Anti-Recovery Mode.
Steps To Repair iOS Alarm Issues Using Wondershare Dr.Fone – System Repair (iOS)
We will now direct our discussion to find out a positive result to the problem of the iPhone alarm not ringing by repairing the iOS device using Wondershare Dr.Fone:
- Step 1: Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone and Access System Repair Tool
Open Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer after installing it successfully. Lead to the “Toolbox” section from the left panel and proceed to click the “System Repair” button.
- Step 2: Select the Repairing Type
Following this, click the "iOS" button to define the type of device. Click the "iOS Repair" option on the next screen to proceed with iOS system repair.
- Step 3: Define Mode and Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
You will have to select "Standard Repair" as the effective repair mode. Once done, you will be redirected to put the iOS device in Recovery Mode. If you successfully put the iOS device in Recovery Mode, tap the "Enter Recovery Mode" button. For those facing issues putting the iOS device in Recovery Mode, click the "Guide" button. In unprecedented cases, this will help you put your iOS device in Recovery Mode.
- Step 4: Select Firmware To Download
As the device is recognized in Recovery Mode, a list of iOS firmware appears on the screen that can be installed. Continue to click "Download" against any particular iOS firmware version.
- Step 5: Start Repairing the iPhone
The package will start downloading on the platform and be verified once downloaded. Following this, you will have to click the "Repair Now" button on the screen to install the iOS firmware on the device.
This article has provided a comprehensive list of ways to fix the problem of iPhone alarms not making a sound. With all the provided solutions, it is evident that Wondershare Dr.Fone delivers one of the best options. Use its System Repair tool to easily resolve all system issues in the iOS device. You can also try other solutions for resolving your alarm problems on the iPhone.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Blue Screen
- iPhone White Screen
- iPhone Crash
- iPhone Dead
- iPhone Water Damage
- Fix Bricked iPhone
- iPhone Function Problems
- iPhone Proximity Sensor
- iPhone Reception Problems
- iPhone Microphone Problem
- iPhone FaceTime Issue
- iPhone GPS Problem
- iPhone Volume Problem
- iPhone Digitizer
- iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- iPad Problems
- iPhone 7 Problems
- iPhone Speaker Not Working
- iPhone Notification Not Working
- This Accessory May Not Be Supported
- iPhone App Issues
- iPhone Facebook Problem
- iPhone Safari Not Working
- iPhone Siri Not Working
- iPhone Calendar Problems
- Find My iPhone Problems
- iPhone Alarm Problem
- Can't Download Apps
- iPhone Tips