8 Fixes to Touch ID Problems after iOS 14/13.7 Update
Having Touch ID feature is a blessing these days. For no one on this planet would ever want an unauthorized access to their devices and therefore they always want to keep their device secured. Also, unlocking a device with just a fingerprint is far better than putting passwords or patterns at all times. In iPhone, the feature was introduced back with iPhone 5s and became better with the later versions.
However, there are several occasions when users find themselves in difficulty. Since the iOS 14/13.7 is all the rage, most people are downloading it to have new features. But there are many who complain that Touch ID sensor is not working. Being stuck with such issue right after the update is seriously disheartening. But fret not! We are here in your problem. Below are mentioned some potential workarounds and tips to get rid of the issue. Read the article carefully and hopefully you will be able to fix the Touch ID not working in iOS 14/13.7 issue by yourself.
- Part 1: Clean iPhone Home Button
- Part 2: Scan your fingerprint properly
- Part 3: Force Restart Your Device
- Part 4: Turn off your passcode
- Part 5: Fix iOS 14/13.7 Touch ID problems with an unlock tool
- Part 6: Add a new Touch ID on iOS 14/13.7
- Part 7: Deactivate and activate Touch ID on iOS 14/13.7
- Part 8: Restore iPhone with iTunes
- Part 9: Contact Apple service
Part 1: Clean iPhone Home Button
You might get it silly but trust us, it works. It might be possible that the Touch ID problem has nothing to do with the iOS 14/13.7. As there are times we touch the surface with dirty or damp fingers in haste. This can lead to Touch ID sensor not working. Therefore, please ensure to clean your Home button in the first place. You can use a smooth cloth for this. And from next time onwards, be certain of avoiding wet, sweaty finger or having oily or moist substance on your finger prior to scanning it over Touch ID.
Part 2: Scan your fingerprint properly
The next thing that you need to be sure of is the proper fingerprint scanning. While unlocking, your fingers must be touching the Home button and the capacitive metal ring appropriately. Take notice of the finger to place at the same point for proper authentication. See if still your Touch ID is not working.
Part 3: Force Restart Your Device
If the Touch ID sensor is still bothering you, it’s now time to take some actions. One of the vital actions to be followed for such glitches is force restart. It has the power of fixing minor issues and so will surely fix the unresponsive Touch ID sensor. It just provides the device a fresh restart thereby solving any minor bugs by terminating all the background operations. Here is how you can do this on your iPhone.
- For iPhone 6 and earlier models:
Start with pressing the “Home” button and the “Power” (or “Sleep/Wake” button) together for nearly 10 seconds. You will begin to see the Apple logo emerging on the screen. Just then, release the buttons you were holding.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Since the “Home” button is absent in these models, take hold of the “Volume Down” and the “Power” buttons altogether. Continue doing this until you find the Apple logo on the screen. Release the buttons and your device will be rebooted.
- For iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, 11 and later:
For these models, the steps vary a little. You need to firstly tap the “Volume Up” button. Now, tap and release quickly the “Volume Down” button. After that, all you need is to long press the “Power” button. On seeing the Apple logo on the screen, make sure to release the button. The device will be restarted and hopefully will eliminate the Touch ID sensor not working issue.
Part 5: Fix iOS 14/13.7 Touch ID problems with an unlock tool
When nothing works and you are in urgency to unlock your iPhone, try your hands on a trustworthy tool like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). This tool perfectly allows you to unlock your iOS device with the simple and one-click process. And therefore, when Touch ID stops to work; this can act as your great companion. Compatibility is no issue with this tool as latest iOS devices are easily to manage with this. One of the interesting things is its simplicity; it doesn’t take any special technical knowledge for the process to get done. To use this amazing program, here is what you need to do.
- To begin, you need to rush to the official website of Dr.Fone and download the toolkit from there. Upon successful downloading, install the tool and then launch it. Once you open it, click on the “Screen Unlock” tab.
- Now, you need to connect your iOS device with the computer using an original lightening cord. When you see the successful connection of the device and the computer, ensure to click on “Unlock iOS Screen”.
Step 3: Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
- As the next step, you need to boot your device into the DFU mode. To implement this, just go along with the steps given on the screen. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions.
Step 4: Confirm the Information
- On the next screen, the program will show you the device’s information. Cross check the model and system version. To make it correct, you can take help of the dropdown button. Once done with the checking, click on the “Start” button for firmware downloading.
Step 5:Unlockthe lock
- When the firmware is downloaded perfectly, you need to click on the “Unlock Now” in order to unlock your device.
Part 6: Add a new Touch ID on iOS 14/13.7
Why don’t you try everything from scratch? If the Touch ID sensor is not working and isn’t able to detect your fingerprint, attempt to add a new fingerprint and see if it works. If the results are positive, what else did you need! You might know the steps as well, but we can’t let our users to be in any sort of dilemma. So following is the process.
- Open the “Settings” on your phone. Go to “Touch ID & Passcode”.
- Enter passcode if asked. Tap on “Add a Fingerprint”.
- Now put your finger on the sensor and let the device detect it from every possible angle. Please avoid sweaty fingers or all the efforts will go in vain.
Part 7: Deactivate and activate Touch ID on iOS 14/13.7
When adding a new fingerprint fails, disabling and enabling the feature itself is a good way to fix Touch ID sensor not working issue. To do this, here are the steps.
- Open “Settings” and go to “Touch ID & Passcode”.
- Do enter the passcode to proceed.
- Toggle off the “iPhone Unlock” and “iTunes and App Store”.
- It’s time to restart iPhone. Go to the same settings and now toggle on the buttons. We now hope that Touch ID is working in iOS 14/13.7.
Part 8: Restore iPhone with iTunes
Restoring the device is yet another solution when Touch ID stops working in iOS 14/13.7. However, we little do recommend this to resolve the issue as it is able to delete the data from your device. You can follow this method if you have a backup of your device or create one before moving to this method.
- You need to launch iTunes as the first step. Once launched, take the lightening cable and establish connection between your device and the PC.
- Once the device is detected, make sure to click on the device icon at the top left.
- Hit on “Summary” followed by clicking on the “Restore iPhone”.
- Your device will now restore to the factory settings and it will be unlocked successfully.
Part 9: Contact Apple service
Wait, what? Touch ID sensor is still not working? Then delaying makes no sense and you should rush to the Apple center. After attempting every single tips mentioned above, if you are delivered with no results, it is the right time that you should get your device checked to the expert. They will surely detect what’s triggering the issue and hopefully you will get your device normal in some time.
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Software Problems
- Quick Start Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems