Samsung Data Recovery: How to Recover Deleted Messages and Contacts from Samsung
Nothing makes us scour the internet for Samsung Data Recovery or Samsung Data Phone Recovery faster than data loss from our Samsung devices. Data loss almost seems as inevitable as taxes. Unfortunately, technical advancements haven’t actually prevented data-loss. They just seemed to have just opened more windows, doors and portals for it to happen. We own Samsung phones, tablets, laptops, hard drives. The list of devices that hold data is increasing by the moment. And so are the possibilities of losing data. “Prevention is better than cure” is a good adage, but doesn’t apply well to this situation. Both human errors and technical glitches contribute to data loss. The best cure (pun intended) is to use an efficient Samsung data recovery software like dr.fone toolkit - Android Data Recovery.
For all of us Samsung-lovers burnt by the hell-fire that is data loss, this article aims to how to retrieve deleted texts, contacts, call logs, photos and videos, etc. Like a good shaman, we will make you aware of the ways of the data-loss curse, that leads to deletion of our pictures, documents and other files. Then, we would move to the cure offered by Samsung data recovery software like Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery, explaining the process without revealing the magical ingredients. And again, just like any shaman worth his grain of salt, we attempt to empower the healed by offering steps (read totums) that you could use just after being hit by this calamity of data loss.
- Part 1. Common scenarios when you may lose data from your Samsung devices
- Part 2. How to recover deleted data from Samsung phones and tablets?
- Part 3. How to avoid losing data from Samsung devices?
- Part 4. Why deleted files can be recovered from Samsung devices?
- Part 5. First thing to do once you lost data from your Samsung device
Below are the most common scenarios that may result in data loss:
- • Upgrading to the latest version of the Android OS
- • Your device stolen or even suffer physical damage
- • Accidental deletion
- • A rooting attempt that goes wrong
- • Battery replacement
- • Power Spikes
- • Bad Sectors
dr.fone toolkit - Android Data Recovery is the world’s first data recovery software that has the highest recovery rate in the Android data-retrieval business. It can recover data from a lot of scenarios like system crash, R.O.M flashing, backup synchronizing error, and others. It can retrieve files from more than 6000 Android models. On top of that, it works for both rooted and unrooted devices. After extraction, the rooted state of the devices doesn’t change. The recovery process is simple and one doesn’t really need to be a computer-wiz to use it. The range of file-types recovered spans from contacts, text-messages, photos and WhatsApp messages to videos and documents.
Data retrieval is not all that this beautiful enchantment of dr.fone would do for you. It can also unlock your Android screen, should it be locked due to some error. And it also allows you to erase your data securely.
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including WhatsApp,Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
How does Samsung data recovery work?
Step 1: Download and launch this Samsung data recovery software on your computer and then connect the Samsung device using USB cables. The below screen should pop-up. Now, connect your Android device to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2: The USB debugging is then to be activated, just allow USB debugging on your phone according to the instructions in the below window. In case you have Android OS version is 4.2.2 or above, you will get a pop-up message. Tap OK. This will allow USB debugging.
Step 3: Select the types of file you want to scan for and click ‘Next’ for the subsequent step in the data-recovery process.
Step 4: Select scan mode. dr.fone offers two modes: Standard and Advanced. Standard Mode is faster and we recommend you to select it. However, if Standard doesn’t locate your deleted file go for Advanced.
Step 5: Preview and recover deleted files. Just before the below result, you may get a Superuser authorization window appearing on your device. If you do, click ‘Allow’.
Step 6: Final step is to just select the files you wish to undelete and click ‘Recover’
Apart from retrieving files from memory card and internal memory, you can also preview files before recovery. Also, recovery is guaranteed without overwriting any existing data.
Listed below, are some preventive measures that one could take to avoid data loss:
- • Ensure that you regularly backup your Samsung device to the cloud. Backing up to the cloud ensures that you can access the same data on any other device.
- • Create a copy of the backup on your computer. This way if you lose data on your device and are unable to reach the cloud backup, you can get it on your computer.
- • Take a backup in your memory card.
- • Use auto-backup feature available in smartphones/devices.
- • Make sure that the backups you create are up to date. This ensures that the data in those backups is as current as possible.
How can deleted files be recovered? What witchcraft is at play here? Well! None whatsoever. Your files can be saved in one of two locations depending on your phone's settings: a) The Phone storage which is the internal storage similar to the hard drive on your computer and B) The External Storage card. So, when you delete a file (internal storage or memory card), it isn’t wiped completely. Why should that be? Well, it’s because deletion involves two steps: 1) Deleting the file-system pointer that points to the memory sectors containing the file and 2) Wiping the sectors containing the file.
When you hit ‘delete’, only the first step is executed. And the memory sectors containing the file are marked ‘available’ and are now considered free to store a fresh file.
One may ask why isn’t the second step executed? This is because the first step is easy and fast. A lot more time is needed for the second step of wiping the sectors (almost equal to the time needed to write that file to those sectors). So, for optimum performance, the second step is only executed when those ‘available’ sectors have to store a new file. Basically, this means that even when you think you have permanently deleted the files, they are still available on your hard drive. With the right tool, such as dr.fone - Android Data Recovery even those deleted files can be recovered.
The following three steps should be taken after you lose data, so you could have a better chance to recover the lost data from Samsung phone.
- • Don't add or even delete any data from your device. This will keep the data from being overwritten. If at some point your data is overwritten, you will be unable to recover the lost files.
- • Avoid using the phone until the files have been recovered
- • Try to recover the file as soon as possible as the longer the file remains un-recovered the harder it is going to be to recover the file and the higher the chance that it will be overwritten
- 1. Samsung Photo Recovery
- Samsung Photo Recovery
- Recover Deleted Photos from Samsung Galaxy/Note
- Galaxy Core Photo Recovery
- Samsung S7 Photo Recovery
- 2. Samsung Messages/Contacts Recovery
- Samsung Phone Message Recovery
- Samsung Contacts Recovery
- Recover Messages from Samsung Galaxy
- Recover Text from Galaxy S6
- Broken Samsung Phone Recovery
- Samsung S7 SMS Recovery
- Samsung S7 WhatsApp Recovery
- 3. Samsung Data Recovery
- Samsung Phone Recovery
- Samsung Tablet Recovery
- Galaxy Data Recovery
- Samsung Password Recovery
- Samsung Recovery Mode
- Samsung SD Card Recovery
- Recover from Samsung Internal Memory
- Recover Data from Samsung Devices
- Samsung Data Recovery Software
- Samsung Recovery Solution
- Samsung Recovery Tools
- Samsung S7 Data Recovery