Samsung Photo Recovery: How to Recover Photos from Samsung Phones and Tablets
Recovery of photos deleted from Samsung devices, or for that matter any Android device, might be the only thing on your mind if your twitchy thumb hits ‘delete’ on your device, or a nasty virus attack ends up wiping your Samsung device’s memory clean.
If you delete that one perfect click from your Samsung device, where all the elements -- the smile, the wind, the gaze, the expressions, the (lack of) blurry motion, the sun’s angle – have come into perfect harmony, then there’s no way of retrieving and recapturing that photo.
In such cases, we often find ourselves scouring the internet for “Samsung photo recovery” or “recover deleted photos from Samsung”.
Okay, time for raised eyebrows! How exactly would this photo recovery tool help when the photos are indeed deleted? You see, fellow peeps. Your photos can be saved in one of two locations depending on your phone's settings:
- Phone storage which is the internal storage similar to the hard drive on your computer
- External storage SD card
So, when you delete a photo (internal storage or memory card), it isn’t wiped completely. Why should that be? Well, it’s because the deletion involves two steps:
- Deletes the file-system pointer that points to the memory sectors containing the file (photo in this case)
- Wipes the sectors containing the photo.
When you hit ‘delete’, only the first step is executed. And the memory sectors containing the photo are marked ‘available’ and are now considered free to store a fresh file.
Why isn’t the second step executed?
The first step is easy and fast. A lot more time is needed for the second step of wiping the sectors (almost equal to the time needed to write that file to those sectors). So, for optimum performance, the second step is only executed when those ‘available’ sectors have to store a new file. Basically, this means that even when you think you have permanently deleted the files, they are still available on your hard drive.
Must-follow instructions after Samsung photo deletion
- Don't add or even delete any data from your device. This will keep the data from being overwritten. If at some point your data is overwritten, you will be unable to recover the lost photos.
- Turn off connectivity options such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Certain apps tend to download files automatically when connected to the internet via these options.
- Avoid using the phone until the photos have been recovered. In order to ensure no new data gets loaded onto your device, your best bet is to stop using the device completely until you recover the photos and files you need.
- Use a Samsung photo recovery tool. With the right tool, such as dr.fone - Android Data Recovery, even those deleted files can be recovered.
One might say, hold on! Why make a mistake in the first place? Use auto-back. Use antivirus. Prevention is better than cure.
But the thing is that even the best of organizers is human. Mistakes happen. Devices get dropped. Even if they don’t, bad sectors, power spikes, and auto-backup failures happen often enough to necessitate the use of a recovery specialist.
dr.fone - Android Data Recovery is one such specialist. In fact, it’s the best tool for recovery of deleted photos from Samsung devices. Let us explore the backstage of this seemingly magical recovery act step by step.
First thing to do is to check both the device and external storage card for your deleted photos. If you are pretty sure they have been deleted, then it’s time to use dr.fone - Android Data Recovery. Some of the features that make this application the best for the job include:
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including WhatsApp,Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- Recover deleted photos from Samsung only if the device is earlier than Android 8.0 or rooted.
Follow these very simple steps to retrieve your lost or deleted photos from your Samsung device.
Step 1: Launch dr.fone on your computer.Select Recover and connect your Samsung device using the USB cables.
Step 2: The program may require that you debug your device before scanning can begin. If this is the case, simply follow the instructions in the next window to complete the process. And then allow USB debugging on your phone.
Step 3: The debugging process will enable dr.fone to easily detect your device. Once your device is detected, the program will scan the device for all data. You can choose the files you want scanned in the next window. In this case, we want to find lost pictures so we select "Gallery".
Step 4: Click on ‘Next’ and dr.fone - Android Data Recovery will scan for pictures. Once the scan is complete all the files available in the Gallery will be displayed as shown below. Choose the ones you want to recover and click on ‘Recover’.
This is how easy to recover deleted Samsung photos with dr.fone toolkit. Even if you are not tech savvy, this is also as easy as 1-2-3 for you.
Even if the magician: dr.fone - Android Data Recovery is available with a tap of your fingers, it is still important to follow some best practices to ensure photos can be saved from being deleted.
The below three steps should be undertaken on a regular basis:
- Take back-up your photos by Samsung device to your laptop and syncing.
- Take a backup in your memory card.
- Use auto-backup feature available in smartphones/devices.
- 1. Samsung Photo Recovery
- Samsung Photo Recovery
- Galaxy S5 Photo Recovery
- Recover Deleted Photos from Samsung Galaxy/Note
- Galaxy Core Photo Recovery
- Samsung S7 Photo Recovery
- 2. Samsung Messeges/Contacts Recovery
- Samsung Phone Message Recovery
- Samsung Contacts Recovery
- Recover Messages from Samsung Galaxy
- Recover Text from Galaxy S6
- Broken Samsung Phone Recovery
- Samsung S7 SMS Recovery
- Samsung S7 WhatsApp Recovery
- 3. Samsung Data Recovery
- Samsung Phone Recovery
- Samsung Tablet Recovery
- Galaxy Data Recovery
- Samsung Password Recovery
- Samsung Recovery Mode
- Samsung SD Card Recovery
- Recover from Samsung Internal Memory
- Recover Data from Samsung Devices
- Samsung Data Recovery Software
- Samsung Recovery Solution
- Samsung Recovery Tools
- Samsung S7 Data Recovery