What Should I Do if I Forget Facebook Password?
Struggling to remember the Facebook password because you logged out accidentally? So what? Your password will be restored in just seconds. Like any other social media platform, Facebook is good entertainment and other relevant work. However, forgetting the account password can be a bit annoying.
Usually, nobody logs out from their Facebook accounts that often. That's why when they log out for some reason after a long time, recalling the password can get tough.
We often get questions like "Omg! I forgot my Facebook email and password. What to do?" or " Forgot Facebook account, what's next?"
If you have forgotten your Facebook account password, then do not worry. As of today, we will mention some easy and hassle-free tactics to retrieve it. Let's take a look into these methods to know more.
Method 1: Ask Facebook For Help
To recover your Facebook password, make sure to take help from the platform itself. Here's how you can recover the password with Facebook password forgot help. Make sure to keep your iPhone handy to get the code.
- First of all, go to Facebook either through application or browser. To reach Facebook through Chrome, input the official link on the search bar of the browser. Press Enter.
- After that, you will be asked to mention the credentials (username and password) for the account. As you do not have it, tap on the "Forgot my password" link located below the page.
- Once you reach the "Forgot your password page," enter the details like email or mobile number. Now, Tap on the 'Find out' button.
- Facebook will ask for the mode to get the code (email/phone) for a password reset. Select the same and press the 'Continue' button.
- You will get a code on your device. Enter the same on the given space and press the 'Continue' button.
- Enter the new password and follow the on-screen steps for a successful reset.
It's important to note that you will get only certain request limits to reset the password. If you exceed the limit, you will not be able to change it for another 24 hours.
Method 2: Check Your Chrome - Password Manager
Another method for password restoration is using a Chrome password manager. Our browsers are secured with features that save the password for similar situations.
Thus, check if the password is saved within the browser. Here's how you can recover passwords through chrome password manager in Android
- On your Android device, go to the menu option and then Settings. From the list, select the Passwords option.
- Once the Password search bar appears, input the term 'Facebook.' You can also find the option while scrolling through the list.
- Press the eye icon. You will be guided to enter the PIN or fingerprints. Do so to access the saved password.
Now, this tactic will work if you have ever logged into Facebook using the browser. If you have not, then the chrome password manager would not be able to find the same.
Method 3: For iOS - Try Dr.Fone - Password Manager To Find Your Facebook Code
Retrieving the Facebook passwords for iOS can be a bit tricky and complicated. Dr.Fone offers outstanding features by which all your passwords and other relevant information can be restored. It is extremely safe to use, and one can use it without any concerns regarding data leakage.
The user interface of Dr.Fone - Password Manager (iOS) is quite simple as well. With just a tap, you can manage, export, and identify the iPhone or iPad passwords. As we have endless accounts on distinct platforms, forgetting passwords can be expected. But, with Dr. Fone on your device, you would not have to worry about such scenarios. Here's how you can use it for Facebook password recovery
Step 1: First of all, download the Dr. Fone and select the Password Manager option.
Step 2: Make use of a lightning cable to connect the iOS device with the PC. Press the "Trust" button on the device if you see an alert for the same.
Step 3: Press the"Start Scan" option. After doing so, Dr. Fone will identify the account password in the iOS device.
Step 4: In the last step, you will find the passwords with Dr. Fone - password manager.
Impressive, right? Moving on, let's see what passwords and information that Dr.Fone - Password Manager (iOS) can restore.
Find your Apple ID Account and passwords
As an iPhone user, you must have forgotten Apple ID account passwords often. Well, it isn't very pleasant and happens to everyone. With Dr. fone, you can find both Apple ID accounts and passwords in just a few steps.
Recover stored websites & app login passwords
Besides social media handles like Facebook and Twitter, the tool has effectively restored log-in passwords for Google accounts. All you require to do is start the tool, and it will retrieve all the passwords from each account.
Find saved Wi-Fi passwords.
Sometimes we tend to forget the passwords despite saving them on our phones. However, with Dr. fone, you can find the lost password in mere seconds.
And no, do not be concerned about jailbreaking. That's because the tool will recover the password securely without the same.
Recover Screen Time Passcodes
Passcodes are important to keep all the phone data safe. However, it can be a blunder if you forget it.
Being a relevant password manager, Dr. Fone can easily retrieve screen time passcodes too. It's easy, fast, and convenient!
While there are endless password finders in the market, Dr. Fone is more practical and easy to use. Forgetting passwords is quite common, and like you, we all forget our passwords now and then.
However, this tool renders the benefit of recording the password to don't forget it easily. Anytime you feel clueless about any passwords, you can stay assured that it's securely recorded in Dr.Fone - Password Manager (iOS).
Method 4: For Android
If you are thinking, 'what to do if I forgot my Facebook password on android,' then these methods are for you. Here we have provided two ways to revive your Facebook password.
4.1 Search Facebook Password By Name
This method is effective if you are in a "forgot Facebook password no email" situation. By using this method, you will recover your Facebook account without any access to your email or phone number. Let's plunge into the steps to understand the process.
- First, open the Facebook application on your android device. As an alternative, you can call them on 1-888-256-1911.
- Once you see the section for credentials, tap on the forgot password option. It is situated below the email and password fields.
- You will be asked to enter your phone number. Below that, there will be an option "Search by your email address or full name instead."
- Now, enter your full name inside the field and tap the Search button. Facebook will list some of the accounts. Once you spot your account, tap on the same.
- If you can't find your name, tap on the "I am not in the list" option. Facebook will ask you to enter a Facebook friend's full name to get a better idea.
- Make sure to do so and tap on search. Tap on your account as soon as you see it and follow the on-screen steps.
4.2 Search Facebook Password through Trusted Contacts
For this method, you must have trusted contacts set up earlier. Speaking of which, you can request their help to revive the password. Here's how you can create and use the recovery link through trusted contacts for password restoration
- Go to Facebook and tap on the "Forgot account?" option.
- When asked to select the mode, enter the email address/contact number to find the account. Tap on the Search button.
- You will get a list of email addresses from which the account can be accessed. If you don't have the access, tap on "No longer have access to these."
- Enter a new email address/contact number that is accessible. Press the Continue button.
- Select the 'Reveal my trusted contacts" option and enter the name of any contact.
- After doing so, you will get the link that holds the recovery code. However, this code will only be accessible by your trusted contact.
- Now, please send the link and ask them to give you the recovery code. You can use this code to access your Facebook account.
So these were some of the tactics to follow if you have forgotten your Facebook ID password. Dr. Fone is one of the most useful methods to recover Facebook passwords efficiently. All you need is a few taps and clicks, and the password restoration will be done.
While other processes can be a bit time-consuming, Dr. Fone - Password Manager (iOS) assures quick and hassle-free password restoration. The tool is easy and efficient to use. It maintains adequate security and does not use any jailbreaking means to get the password.
- App Password
- Recover Facebook Password
- Recover Snapchat Password
- Google Password Manager
- Recover Instagram Password
- Find Gmail Password