Top 8 Apps to Download Songs on iPhone/iPod for Free
“How do I download music to my iPhone? Ever since I have switched from Android to iOS, I can’t seem to learn how to download songs on iPhone 6!”
If you also have a query like this, then you have come to the right place. Whenever users switch to any iOS device, the first question they ask is “how to download songs on the iPhone”. Compared to Android, it can be a little tedious to perform iPod music downloads. Though, I solved this issue by taking the assistance of some iOS apps to learn how to download music to my iPhone. To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of some of these best apps here, with a solution for how I download music to my iPod or iPhone.
Part 1: 8 Apps to Download Free Songs on iPhone/iPad/iPod
Don’t ask anyone else how to download songs on the iPhone. Give these iOS apps a try and meet your requirements in no time.
1. Total: File Browser and Downloader
Total is an all-in-one browser and file manager that you would love to use. The app is already downloaded by over 4 million users and will let you know how to download songs in iPhone 6 and other versions.
- • You can browse the internet using the app and download any file using its native interface.
- • Integration with all the popular cloud services like Dropbox, Drive, etc.
- • Supports multiple downloads and management of the files
- • Can decompress zipped files too
- • Compatibility: iOS 7.0+
2. Freegal Music
This is a freely available app that can help you learn how to download music to your iPhone. It has a clean and easy-to-use interface with millions of songs available.
- • Listen to unlimited songs on its native interface and save them offline as well.
- • Create playlists, mark your favorite songs, and share them with your friends.
- • The interface is available in multiple languages
- • Compatibility: iOS 7.1 or later versions
Since Apple doesn’t allow the listing of any app to directly download music, you can try streaming apps to perform iPod music downloads. Pandora can be used to stream music or listen to your favorite radio channels as well.
- • It is a social music streaming app that can let you listen to various songs by sharing it with your friends.
- • You can mark your favorite songs and set favorite radio channels
- • Save your favorite songs offline to listen to them without buffering
- • Compatibility: iOS 7.0 and later versions
Spotify is one of the biggest online streaming services that will let you learn how do I download music to my iPhone easily. Besides iOS, it is also available for Android, BlackBerry, and plenty of other platforms.
- • There are millions of songs on Spotify that can be streamed for free (on shuffle mode).
- • One can find multiple radio stations on the app as well.
- • Save songs offline on the app (DRM protected music)
- • There are premium plans available as well
- • Compatibility: iOS 8.2 and later versions
Another popular streaming service that you can try to learn how to download songs on iPhone is iHeartRadio. It has a sleek iOS app and a vast catalog of the latest music.
- • There are readily featured charts, radio channels, and the latest tracks on the app.
- • You can listen to your favorite songs offline as well.
- • Although it is available for free, you can only listen to unlimited ad-free music by getting a paid account.
- • Compatibility: iOS 10.0+
SoundCloud is probably the best way to learn how do I download music to my iPod or iPhone. While you might not find the original version of a song, there are tons of remixes and covers here.
- • It has over 120 million tracks and mixed uploaded by its users.
- • Create playlists, share tracks with your friends, or download them for offline use
- • Premium plan available for $5.99
- • Compatibility: iOS 9.0 or newer versions
7. Google Play Music
If you are moving from an Android to an iOS device and wish to learn how to download music to my iPhone, then you can try Google Play Music. It has a huge collection of music with availability on numerous platforms.
- • You can connect your Google account and other services with the app.
- • Stream numerous songs and make them available offline as well.
- • You can share songs on social media apps or listen to radio channels.
- • Available in different languages
- • Compatibility: iOS 8.2 or up
- Get it here
8. Apple Music
Already used by over 30 million people, it is one of the biggest streaming services in the world. Mostly, it is used by iOS users and will also let you learn how to download music on iPhone 6 as well. It doesn’t have a web version but is available for iOS and Android devices.
- • There is an extensive catalog of music that can be saved offline (DRM protected)
- • You can create playlists and share tracks with your friends too
- • It provides a simpler solution to perform iPod music download as well
- • Has its live radio station – Beats 1
- • Paid plans for individuals and groups
- • Compatibility: iOS 8.2 or later versions
Part 2: Download and manage iPhone music without iTunes
A lot of users don’t prefer using any streaming app to perform iPhone or iPod music download. If you wish to transfer your songs between iPhone and computer, iTunes, or another device, then try Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS). Since it has a user-friendly interface, I easily learned how do I download music to my iPod or iPhone. It would be a one-stop solution to manage your music and all the other types of data. You can also manage your photos, videos, contacts, messages, and more.
It is a 100% secure solution and won’t access your data at all. It has a desktop app available for Mac and Windows PC that can transfer music from computer to iPhone 7 and other generations. The tool runs on all the popular versions of iOS, including iOS 13. To learn how do I download music to my iPhone, follow these steps.
Transfer Songs to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to the computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, iOS 12, iOS13 and iPod.
1. Launch Dr.Fone on your Windows PC or Mac and select the "Phone Manager" module from its opening screen.
2. Connect your iOS device to the system. The application will detect it automatically and provide its snapshot as well.
3. Now, to learn how to download music on iPhone X/8/7/6, go to the Music tab. Here, a categorized list of all the saved music files will be listed.
4. To add any music file, click on the Import icon. This will let you add files or a folder.
5. Once you make a selection, it will launch a browser window. Go to the location where your music files are stored and load them to your device.
In this way, you can learn how to download music on iPhone 6, 7, 8, or any other device automatically. Furthermore, you can even transfer iTunes media to your device as well. On the home screen of Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS), choose “Transfer iTunes Media to Device”. Select iTunes music, podcasts, or any other type of data you wish to move and transfer them to your iOS device.
By using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS), you can easily manage your music without using iTunes. It can let you export or import your playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, songs, etc. It is certainly a remarkable tool that will make it easier for you to manage your iPhone, iPad, or iPod in no time. And you can check sync your iTunes library to iPhone, iPad, or iPod here.
iPhone Music Transfer
- Transfer Music to iPhone
- Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone
- Transfer Music from External Hard Drive to iPhone
- Add Music to iPhone from Computer
- Transfer Music from Laptop to iPhone
- Transfer Music to iPhone
- Add Music to iPhone
- Add Music from iTunes to iPhone
- Download Music to iPhone
- Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
- Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone
- Put Music on iPhone from Computer
- Transfer Audio Media to iPhone
- Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer MP3 to iPhone
- Transfer CD to iPhone
- Transfer Audio Books to iPhone
- Put Ringtones on iPhone
- Transfer iPhone Music to PC
- Download Music to iOS
- Download Songs on iPhone
- How to Download Free Music on iPhone
- Download Music on iPhone without iTunes
- Download Music to iPod
- Transfer Music to iTunes
- More iPhone Music Sync Tips