Fix iPhone 12/13 Touch Screen Not Working
The iPhone 12/13 is one of the best phones on the market, offering a great combination of hardware and software. However, many users have experienced a common problem - the iPhone 12 touchscreen not working. This can be very frustrating, especially when you're in the middle of something important. We understand this problem's annoying and have the perfect solutions for you.
Our solutions are easy, safe and highly effective. Plus, you can do them without worrying about damaging your device. So don't let a faulty touchscreen spoil your iPhone experience - try our solutions, and you'll be back to using your device in no time.
Part 1: Some Types of iPhone 12/13 Touch Screens Not Working Issues
Unresponsive or Delayed Touch: This occurs when the touch screen is not responding to your touch or is taking an unusually long time to respond.
Calibration Issues: This occurs when the touch screen needs to be correctly calibrated to recognize your touches accurately.
Ghost Touches occur when the device registers phantom touches that you did not initiate.
Lines or Spots on the Screen: If you notice any lines or spots on your screen, it could be due to a hardware issue.
Touch Sensitivity: If you notice that your touch screen is overly sensitive or not sensitive enough, it could be due to a software issue.
Unresponsive Home Button: If the home button is not responsive when pressed, it could be caused by a hardware or software issue.
Part 2: How to Fix iPhone 12/13 Touch Screen Not Responding?
1.Clean the iPhone Surface
iPhone has many complicated components with sophisticated designs. So, if any dirt or water on the iPhone screen, the device's efficiency and accuracy will be worse. In this way, cleaning your iPhone surface can repair your iPhone.
- Please turn off your iPhone and unplug it from any power source.
- Gently wipe the screen and edges of the iPhone with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove any dirt, dust, or debris.
- Use a slightly dampened cloth to remove any sticky residue from the screen, paying particular attention to the edges of the iPhone. Do not use any harsh chemicals or cleaners.
- Dry the screen and edges of the iPhone with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Plug the iPhone back into a power source and turn it back on.
Test the touch screen to see if it is now responding correctly.
2.Force Restart iPhone 12/13
A force restart is a hardware solution to fix iPhone 12/13 touchscreen not working. Through this method, it can stop some bugs and faulty settings. This is easy to manipulate for all users.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
You can let go of the Side button when the Apple logo appears. Your device will restart, and hopefully, the problem will be resolved.
You may need to reset your device's settings if the problem persists.
3.Remove the Screen Protector
As we know, the screen protector can extend the screen life. But it is also able to interfere with its accuracy. So you can try to remove the screen protector.
- Turn off your iPhone 12/13.
- Remove the case, if you have one, and any screen protector that may be covering the touchscreen.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe down the display.
- Use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to clean the display. Make sure you press only a little hard on the display.
- Use a soft brush to remove any particles that may have gotten stuck underneath the display.
- Turn your iPhone back on and check if the touchscreen is responding.
- If the touchscreen is still unresponsive, try restarting your iPhone 12/13.
- If the touchscreen is still not working, you may need to take your iPhone 12/13 to an Apple store or authorized repair center to get it fixed.
4.Update your iPhone 12/13
The best step you should take when encountering any iPhone touchscreen issues is to ensure you have the latest version of iOS installed on your iPhone.
To update iOS, open the Settings app and select General > Software Update. The device will check for any available updates and install them if necessary.
If a new version of iOS is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it. After the update, check to see if the touch screen is working correctly.
5.Control the Temperature of your Device
If your iPhone 12/13 touch screen is not responding, control the temperature of your device. You should avoid exposing your device to extreme temperatures, such as extreme cold or heat.
You can start by turning off your device and keeping it in a cool, dry place for at least an hour. This will help to regulate the temperature of the device. After the device has acclimated to the temperature, turn it back on and check to see if the touch screen is responding.
6.Check the Hardware Damage
The first step is to check for physical damage to the iPhone 12/13. Look for any cracks, dents, or other signs of physical damage that could be causing the touch screen to malfunction. If any physical damage is detected, the device should be taken to a professional technician for repairs.
Bonus Tips: Easy Tool to Fix iPhone X Touch Screen Not Working
Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair is a professional system repair tool for iPhone 12/13 that helps you to fix any issue that might be causing the touch screen not to work.
With the help of this tool, you can quickly repair your iPhone 12 touch screen not working and get it back to its normal functioning. Dr.Fone-System Repair also allows you to enter the iPhone system in the "Recovery Mode" or "DFU Mode" to fix any system errors.
Steps of Usage:
Step 1: To begin the process of repairing your iPhone's system issues, launch Dr.Fone on your computer. On the homepage, select the 'System Repair' option.
Step 2: On the next screen, specify that you are repairing an iOS device.
Step 3: Then, choose the 'iOS Repair' option to start the repair process.
Step 4: You will be presented with a list of system issues that can be fixed. If the problem you're facing is listed, select 'Repair Now' to continue; if not, you can still choose 'Repair Now' to proceed.
Step 5: Next, select the 'Standard Repair' option. This mode will attempt to repair your device while keeping all data secure. You can select 'Advanced Repair' if the Standard Repair fails, but please note that this will erase all data on the device.
Step 6: To continue the repair process, you must put your device into Recovery Mode. To do this, connect your device to the computer via a USB connection and enter the password for the lock screen. When the 'Trust' pop-up appears, tap it to continue. Select the 'Guide to Recovery Mode' option if your device is unresponsive or acting abnormally.
Step 7: Follow the on-screen instructions, depending on your device's model, to put your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 8: Once your device is in Recovery Mode, Dr.Fone will detect it automatically.
Step 9: You will be presented with a list of different iOS firmware available for installation on the device. To select one, click 'Download'.
Step 10: The iOS firmware will start downloading, and the progress will be displayed on a progress bar.
Step 11: Once the download is complete, the firmware will be verified before being installed on your device.
Step 12: After verifying firmware, click 'Repair Now' to start the iOS system recovery process.
Step 13: When the repair is finished, a prompt window will show the successful completion of the process. Click 'Done' to finish.
Part 4: Why My iPhone 12/13 Touch Screen Not Working
- Dirt on your hand or the screen
The dirt on your hand or the screen can cause the touch screen to stop working because the dirt can act as a barrier between your finger and the screen, making it difficult for the touch screen to sense your finger.
- Interference from screen protectors or accessories like Lightning cable
Another potential cause of the touch screen not working could be interference from screen protectors or accessories such as Lightning cables. If the screen protector or Lightning cable is too close to the touch screen, it can interfere with its ability to recognize your finger.
- Operation system problems
The operational system, hardware, or software problems can all cause an iPhone's touch screen to stop working.
- Operation system problems
An outdated operating system can cause the touch screen to become unresponsive. This can be fixed by updating the software to the latest version.
The Bottom Line
Suppose you are facing the iPhone 12 touch screen not working issue. In that case, you should look into possible causes such as dirt on your hand or the screen, interference from screen protectors or accessories, or operating system problems.
We recommend using Wondershare Dr.Fone-System Repair to ensure a successful repair process. This tool is designed to fix iOS system issues and restore lost data. With this tool, you can quickly repair your iPhone 12/13 touch screen not working and get it back to its normal functioning.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone 13 Issues
- Apps Keeps Stopping
- 1. iPhone 13 Safari Not Working
- 2. iPhone 13 Apps Keep Crashing
- 3. iPhone 13 Apps Stuck on Loading
- 4. iPhone 13 WhatsApp Calls Don't Work
- 5. iPhone 13 Won't Download Apps
- 6. iPhone 13 Apps Not Opening
- 7. iPhone 13 Apps Won't Update
- 8. iPhone 13 Safari Freezes
- 9. iPhone 13 Safari Not Loading Pages
- iPhone 13 Charging Issues
- 1. iPhone 13 Battery Draining Fast
- 2. iPhone 13 Overheating
- 3. iPhone 13 Overheats While Charging
- 4. iPhone 13 Won't Charge
- iPhone 13 Not Working
- 1. iPhone 13 Overheating And Won't On
- 2. iPhone 11/12/13 Won't Turn On
- 3. iPhone 13 Restarts
- 4. iPhone 13 Problems
- iPhone 13 Screen Issues
- 1. iPhone 13 Touch Screen Not Working
- 2. iPhone 13 Stuck on White Screen
- 3. iPhone 13 Frozen Screen
- 4. iPhone 13 Black Screen
- 5. iPhone 13 Camera Black Screen
- 6. iPhone 13 Goes Black During Call
- iPhone 13 Services Fail
- 1. iPhone 13 Face ID Not Working
- 2. iPhone 13 Not Ringing
- 3. iPhone 13 Call Failed
- 4. iPhone 13 Poor Call Quality
- 5. iPhone 13 iMessage Not Working
- 6. iPhone 13 Dropping Calls
- 7. iPhone 13 No Service Problem
- 8. iPhone 13 Not Receiving Calls
- 9. iPhone 13 SIM Failure/No SIM Card
- 10. iPhone 13 iMessage Not Syncing
- 11. iPhone 13 Hotspot Not Working
- iPhone 13 Tips