Why Is My iPhone 13/13 Pro/13 Mini's Battery Draining Fast? - 15 Fixes!
My iPhone 13 battery is draining fast when I watch videos, surf the net, and call. How can I fix the battery draining issue?
It is very frustrating to charge iPhone many times due to iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini battery draining fast. The battery drain issue in iPhone is common after Apple iOS update. Further, the 5G connectivity in iPhone 13 series is one of the reasons for the fast battery draining problem in them.
In addition to this, unwanted applications, features, background app updates, etc., also cause battery draining fast in iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini. So, if you are facing a similar issue and looking for a trusted solution, then you are in the right place.
In this article, we will discuss the 15 fixes for iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini battery drain problem.
Take a look!
- Part 1: How Long Should iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini Battery Last?
- Part 2: How to Stop Your iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini Battery Draining Fast - 15 Fixes
- Update the iOS software
- Use Low Power Mode
- Turn OFF Raise to Wake
- Don't Go Overboard with iOS Widgets
- Stop Background App Refresh
- Turn Off 5G
- Limit or Turn off Location Services
- Use Wi-Fi
- Reset All Settings
- Take Advantage of the OLED Screen of Your iPhone 13
- Fine-Tune How Apps Access Your Location
- Factory Reset your iPhone
- Uninstall the Apps that You don't Use
- Do Not Use Dynamic Wallpapers
- Look for Apple Store
Part 1: How Long Should iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini Battery Last?
Where the iPhone 13 brings more features, people are excited to know more about iPhone 13 battery life. If you are using the iPhone 13 under normal conditions, then its battery should not drain so fast.
With the iPhone 13 Pro, you can expect up to 22 hours of video playback battery life and 20 hours of video streaming. For audio playback, the battery should run up to 72 to 75 hours.
All these are for iPhone 13 pro, and for iPhone 13, there are 19 hours of battery life for video playback and up to 15 hours for video streaming. For audio playback, the battery life is 75 hours.
The iPhone 13 mini delivers 1.5 hours increase over iPhone 12 mini and the battery life while streaming video is about 13 hours.
Compared to the iPhone 12 Pro, the iPhone 13 Pro battery lasts 1.5 hours more than its predecessor.
Part 2: How to Stop Your iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini Battery Draining Fast - 15 Fixes
Here are the 15 fixes for iPhone battery draining fast:
#1 Update the iOS software
When you are facing iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini battery drain issue, try to update the iOS software. First, you should check if you have installed the latest version of iOS or not.
For this, you can follow these steps:
- • First, go to Settings
- • Then tap or click on the Software Update (if any is available)
- • Finally, download the updates
If you are facing any problem with the iOS update, then you can try to repair iOS with Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS).
It can fix the issue with your iOS in various scenarios including, black screen, recovery mode, white screen of death, and many more. The best part is that you can use Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) without any need for technical skills and knowledge.
Repair iPhone or iPad System Errors to Fix iPhone 13 Draining Fast.
Steps to use Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS)
Step 1: Install Dr.Fone on your computer
First, you will need to download and launch the Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) on your computer. Click "System Repair" > "iPhone" > "iOS Repair"
Step 2: Connect the iOS device to the computer
Now, connect the iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini to the software with the help of the desired cable. When the iOS get connected, the tool will select automatically for Standard Repair and Advanced Repair.
Further, the tool automatically displays available iOS system versions. Select a version and click on "Download" to continue.
Step 3: Download the Firmware
Now, it is time to download the firmware. Make sure the network is stable during the process.
Step 4: Start Repairing iOS
In last, when the iOS firmware is verified. Click on "Repair Now" to start repairing your iOS. Wait for a few minutes to complete the repair process.
#2 Use Low Power Mode
To save and increase the battery life of your new iPhone 13, 13 pro, and 13 mini, use Low Power Mode. Follow these steps to turn on the Low Power Mode in your iPhone:
- • Go to Settings
- • Go to the battery option
- • Look for the "Low Power Mode" on top of the screen
- • Now, activate that mode by turning ON the switch
- • When you want to deactivate it, turn off mode
#3 Turn OFF Raise to Wake
Like previous iPhone models, the iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Mini have the "Raise to Wake" option. In iPhone, this feature is on by default. It means the display of your iPhone automatically turns on when you pick up the phone and drain the battery.
If you are facing iPhone 13 battery draining issue, then disable this feature.
- • Go to the settings
- • Move to the display & brightness
- • Look for the "Raise to Wake" option
- • Finally, toggle Off this to save your iPhone 13 battery life
#4 Don't Go Overboard with iOS Widgets
There is no doubt that the iOS widgets are helpful, but they may also drain your battery life. So, we recommend you take a look at your phone's home screen and remove all unwanted widgets.
#5 Stop Background App Refresh
Background App Refresh is one that refreshes all your apps in the background from time to time. It's a useful feature, but it can drain the battery life too. So, if you don't need it, then turn it off. Follow these steps for this:
- • First, go to Settings
- • Tap on general
- • Click on Background App Refresh
- • Turn it off for the applications you don't use anymore or frequently
#6 Turn Off 5G
iPhone 13 series supports 5G, which is a great feature for a fast network. But, being fast also drains the battery life. So, if you do not need 5G, it is better to turn it off to improve the battery life of your iOS device.
- • Go to settings
- • After this, go to the Cellular
- • Now, move to Cellular data options
- • Go to Voice & Data
- • Now you will notice: 5G On, 5G Auto, and LTE options
- • From the options, choose either 5G Auto or LTE
5G Auto uses 5G only when it won't significantly drain the iPhone 13 battery.
#7 Limit or Turn off Location Services
Apps on your iPhone 13 always want to use your location to update you about nearby information. But location service drains the phone battery.
- • Go to "Settings" on your iOS device
- • Click on the "Privacy"
- • Now, go to Location Services
- • Finally, turn off the location feature
- • Or you can choose a particular location for apps to use
#8 Use Wi-Fi
To fix the iPhone 13/iPhone 13 pro battery draining fast issue, try to use a Wi-Fi network over mobile data when possible. But, if you face any issues, then disable the Wi-Fi at night to save battery further.
- • Go to Settings
- • Go to Wi-Fi
- • Now, turn ON the slider for Wi-Fi
- • Doing this will disconnect the Wi-Fi until you turn it OFF
#9 Reset All Settings
If iPhone 13 battery drains fast, you can reset all settings to fix it. It will restore the iPhone to default settings, and this will not delete any data from your device.
- • Go to the Settings
- • Now, scroll to the bottom and click on Reset
- • Now, tap on "Reset All Settings"
- • Enter the passcode of your iPhone
- • Now, tap Confirm to reset all settings on your iPhone
#10 Take Advantage of the OLED Screen of Your iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 series comes with OLED screens, which are efficient in terms of using the power of the iPhone. And, this works great, so you can switch to "Dark Mode" with these steps:
- • Go to Settings
- • Move to Display & Brightness
- • Check the segment "Appearance" at the top of your screen
- • Click on "Dark" to activate Dark Mode
- • Or, you can flip the switch next to 'Automatic' to enable 'Dark Mode' during the night
#11 Fine-Tune How Apps Access Your Location
As explained earlier, background progress can drain the iPhone 13 battery. So, make sure which apps you want to access your location and which not. Then, tap on the name of each app to decide if it should access your location or not.
#12 Factory Reset your iPhone
Do you know that to come out of the iPhone 13 pro battery draining fast issue, you can factory reset your phone. But, keep in mind that in this step, you will lose all the data that is not saved on iCloud.
So, it is better to take back up your iPhone before performing Factory Reset. After this, follow these steps:
- • Go to Settings
- • Tap on Reset
- • Tap "Erase All Content and Settings"
- • Confirm your decision
- • After confirmation, the process would take a few minutes to complete
#13 Uninstall the Apps that You don't Use
It is possible that your phone has some apps which are no longer in use. So, it is best to delete all those apps as this will help save the battery life of the iPhone 13, iPhone 13, or iPhone 13 mini. Also, when you install any new app, and it behaves abnormally, just deletes it too.
#14 Do Not Use Dynamic Wallpapers
When the iPhone battery drains abnormally, you should check the wallpaper of your home and lock screen. It is better if you use still wallpapers because the moving wallpapers can drain iPhone 13 battery fast.
#15 Look for Apple Store
If you are not able to solve the issue of the iOS 16 battery draining fast, then look for the Apple store near you. Go to them and ask for a solution. It is possible that your device is not working properly, or the battery may need a change.
Part 3: You May Also Want to Know about iPhone 13 Battery
Q: How to Show iPhone 13 Battery Percentage?
A: To know the iPhone battery percentage go to the Settings app and look for the Battery menu. There you will see a Battery Percentage option.
Toggle it, and you are able to see the percentage of the battery on the top-right of the Home screen. So, this is how you can see the iPhone 13 battery percentage.
Q: Does iPhone 13 Have Fast Charging?
A: The Apple iPhone 13 comes with USB-C to Lightning cable. And, you can charge it with fast charging adapter. Also, as compared to iPhone 12, the iPhone 13 gets charged fast.
Q: How Often Should I Charge My iPhone 13?
You should charge the iPhone battery when it is left up to 10 to 15 percent. Also, make sure you charge it fully at a time to use for long hours. This will increase the iPhone 13 battery life.
According to Apple, you can charge the iPhone as many times as you want. Also, you do not need to charge it 100 percent.
Now you know the effective fixes to solve the iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 battery draining fast issue. If you face the iPhone battery drain problem, use the above-mentioned solutions to save or improve battery life.
It is better to update the iOS and if you are not able to do so, then try Dr.Fone - System Repair (iOS) tool to solve iOS-related issues. This is how you are able to come out of iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro/iPhone 13 Mini battery draining problem. Try now!
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone 13 Issues
- Apps Keeps Stopping
- 1. iPhone 13 Safari Not Working
- 2. iPhone 13 Apps Keep Crashing
- 3. iPhone 13 Apps Stuck on Loading
- 4. iPhone 13 WhatsApp Calls Don't Work
- 5. iPhone 13 Won't Download Apps
- 6. iPhone 13 Apps Not Opening
- 7. iPhone 13 Apps Won't Update
- 8. iPhone 13 Safari Freezes
- 9. iPhone 13 Safari Not Loading Pages
- iPhone 13 Charging Issues
- 1. iPhone 13 Battery Draining Fast
- 2. iPhone 13 Overheating
- 3. iPhone 13 Overheats While Charging
- 4. iPhone 13 Won't Charge
- iPhone 13 Not Working
- 1. iPhone 13 Overheating And Won't On
- 2. iPhone 11/12/13 Won't Turn On
- 3. iPhone 13 Restarts
- 4. iPhone 13 Problems
- iPhone 13 Screen Issues
- 1. iPhone 13 Touch Screen Not Working
- 2. iPhone 13 Stuck on White Screen
- 3. iPhone 13 Frozen Screen
- 4. iPhone 13 Black Screen
- 5. iPhone 13 Camera Black Screen
- 6. iPhone 13 Goes Black During Call
- iPhone 13 Services Fail
- 1. iPhone 13 Face ID Not Working
- 2. iPhone 13 Not Ringing
- 3. iPhone 13 Call Failed
- 4. iPhone 13 Poor Call Quality
- 5. iPhone 13 iMessage Not Working
- 6. iPhone 13 Dropping Calls
- 7. iPhone 13 No Service Problem
- 8. iPhone 13 Not Receiving Calls
- 9. iPhone 13 SIM Failure/No SIM Card
- 10. iPhone 13 iMessage Not Syncing
- 11. iPhone 13 Hotspot Not Working
- iPhone 13 Tips