5 ways to Recover (permanently) Deleted Photos from iPhone
You would agree that it can be difficult to RECOVER PHOTOS from IPHONE 6/7/8/x.
You might be wondering:
Can I RECOVER PHOTOS DELETED from IPHONE?
Yes, you can!
In this post, you will see how to get your erased PHOTOS back, no matter your IPHONE model or ios.
So you mistakenly DELETED your PHOTOS on your IPHONE and you don't have a backup? What do you do?
First of all, forget any worries you have. Here you will learn practical and tested ways to RECOVER PHOTOS on any model of IPHONE.
Stick around, you don’t want to miss any step of the way.
Part 1: Retrieve your DELETED PHOTOS with no Software. (3 methods)
Your IPHONE still has the PHOTOS somewhere. Where? You would find out.
Method 1 Get Back your DELETED PHOTOS from ITunes backup
Your PHOTOS should be in your ITunes Backup. Before you go to your ITunes Backup, do you backup regularly on ITunes? If yes, then good news.
You can reclaim your PHOTOS.
But here is the kick:
You need a PC to reclaim your PHOTOS from your ITunes Backup.
For Windows PC
- On a Windows PC Download the ITunes app
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID
- After signing in on your PC, connect your phone to your computer with a USB Cable
- On the ITunes Software Go to the device icon on the topmost left corner of your window
- Then select your phone from the dropdown.
- A welcome screen will appear, click on 'RESTORE from backup'
- Select the backup that applies to your photo, then press 'continue'.
- If a Password prompt appears, enter the password for your backup file.
- You have successfully retrieved your DELETED PHOTOS.
- With a USB connect your IPHONE to your PC
- Go to the ITunes App.
- On the topmost left click on the 'device icon' on the App
- Select your IPHONE device from the dropdown.
- After the welcome screen appears, click on 'RESTORE from backup'
- Go to the backup that contains the DELETED PHOTOS and press 'continue'.
- You have successfully reclaimed your DELETED PHOTOS.
Note: reclaiming your PHOTOS through ITunes backup means returning your phone settings back to your last backup.
This means the Current DATA and settings on your IPHONE will be LOST immediately the backup is completed.
If your PHOTOS are not in your ITunes backup you can visit IClouds.com
Method 2 Regain possession of your DELETED PHOTOS from IClouds backup
Unlike your PHOTOS on ITunes backup that were recovered with a USB cable, ICloud is different.
Getting back your LOST PHOTOS on ICloud is a lot different. When RESTORING on ICloud, be warned it might take a chunk out of your DATA plan.
- Visit ICloud.com/PHOTOS on your IPHONE
- Go to the 'RECENTLY DELETED' album on the sidebar.
- Highlight the photo(s) you want to reclaim, then press 'RECOVER'.
- Wait for it to download
- You have successfully retrieved your LOST PHOTOS.
Method 3 Look for the RECENTLY DELETED folder on your IPHONE.
If you LOST your PHOTOS on your IPHONE recently, you might be in luck.
When you press the delete button on any photo, it stores a duplicate of the image on the RECENTLY DELETED folder. It will remain in this folder for some days.
So how do you RECOVER your PHOTOS from the RECENTLY DELETED folder on IPHONE
- Go to the 'PHOTOS' app on your IPhone device
- Look out for the 'RECENTLY DELETED' folder
- It will show PHOTOS that were DELETED within the past 30 days.
- Look for the PHOTOS you need and move them to your desired album.
Note: This option is only available after 30 days of deleting the original photo file on your IPHONE.
After PHOTOS are removed from the RECENTLY DELETED folder, they are gone.
So you don't have an ITunes backup, or an
ICloud backup? Or is it over 30 days now? Doesn't matter You should be able to RECOVER your PHOTOS in no time.
Part 2: RECOVER your LOST PHOTOS with third-party Services/Tools (2 methods)
Whether you created a backup or not you can still RECOVER your DELETED PHOTOS on IPhone.
There are tools designed specifically to help you retrieve LOST PHOTOS or files on your IPHONE.
They are called 3rd party services. Why? Because they were not created by Apple.
Best alternative to Recuva to recover from any iOS devices
- Designed with the technology of recovering files from iTunes, iCloud or phone directly.
- Capable of recovering data in serious scenarios like device damaging, system crash or accidental deletion of files.
- Fully supports all the popular forms of iOS devices such as iPhone XS, iPad Air 2, iPod, iPad etc.
- Provision of exporting the files recovered from Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to your computer easily.
- Users can speedily recover selective data types without having to load the entire chunk of data altogether.
Method 4 Get your LOST photo back with Dr. Fone Data Recovery
Since you don't have a backup on your phone, DR. FONE data Recovery is a backup tool that is easy to use.
With the DR. FONE Data Recovery, you get to select only the PHOTOS you need to RESTORE.
To use DR.FONE RECOVER tool:
- Visit the App Store on your PC to Download the Wondershare Dr.Fone Data Recovery.
- Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable
- Then Launch the Dr.Fone DATA RECOVERY on your PC
- Select 'DATA RECOVER' on the program
- As soon as your phone is detected by the software a new window will appear
- If you have ITunes syncing enabled, you have to disable syncing before you go ahead.
To disable auto sync Launch ITunes>Click on Preferences> Go to Devices, tick “Prevent iPods, IPHONEs, and iPads from syncing automatically”
- On the new window on Dr.Fone DATA RECOVERY click on 'Start Scan' to begin searching for your LOST PHOTOS.
- This Scan should take time. You can press 'pause' if you discover your DELETED IPHONE PHOTOS.
- You can search for your LOST PHOTOSusing the 'search bar' on Dr.Fone DATA RECOVERY
- Mark the DELETED photo(s) you want to reclaimand click on 'RECOVER'
- A dropdown will appear inquiring whether you want to 'RECOVER to Computer' or 'RECOVER to device'
- RECOVER to Computer means your DELETED IPHONE PHOTOSwill be saved on your PC. The RECOVER to device option means your PHOTOS will be saved on your IPHONE
Method 5 Retrieve your LOST PHOTOS with more Third-party services (google drive... etc..)
In case you have been using third party services like Google Drive, OneDrive and more to back up your PHOTOS, this method should work for you. RESTORE your DELETED IPHONE PHOTOS with ease on any of these Third-Party services you use.
- Google Drive
- One Drive
- Google PHOTOS
If you backup regularly with google PHOTOS, your DELETED IPHONE PHOTOS will remain in the trash folder for 60 days before they are erased completely.
To reclaim your DELETED IPHONE PHOTOS on Google PHOTOS:
- Go to 'Google PHOTOS' on your device
- Select 'Library' and Click on 'trash'
- You would see all your DELETED PHOTOSin the last 60 days, Mark the ones you want to REPOSSESS and press 'RESTORE'
- It shouldn't take long to RECOVER your LOST IPHONE PHOTOSon the Google PHOTOS app.
With your LOST PHOTOS back where you need them, you can now focus on being your best.
To get more tested ways to back up your PHOTOS on IOS for the future, please go to Wondershare Guide to learn more.
- Back up iPhone Contacts
- Manage iPhone Contacts
- 1. Export Contacts from iPhone
- 2. Manage iPhone Contacts
- 3. Find and Merge Contacts on iPhone
- 4. Share Contacts on iPhone
- 5. Get iPhone Contacts from iTunes
- 6. Export iPhone Contacts to CSV
- 7. How to Export iPhone Contacts to a VCF|vCards
- 8. Delete Contacts from iPhone
- 9. Manage iPhone Contacts On PC
- 10. Print Contacts from iPhone
- 11. View iPhone Contacts on Computer
- 12. Edit/Delete/Merge Contact on PC
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- 1. Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- 2. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 3. Recover iPhone Deleted iMessages
- 4. Recover iPhone Deleted Photos
- 5. Recover Permanently Deleted Data
- 6. FonePaw VS Dr.Fone
- 7. See Blocked Messages on iPhone
- 8. Recover Data from Dead iPhone
- 10. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 11. Recover Contacts Without Backup
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone
- 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to Outlook
- 2. Transfer Contact without iCloud
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Contact With/Without iTunes
- 5. Transfer Contact from iPhone to Android
- 6. Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- 7. Export from iPhone to Excel
- 8. Transfer Contact from iPhone to PC
- 9. Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- 1. Android to iPhone Transfer Apps
- 2. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 4. Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from Sony Xperia to iPhone
- 6. Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- 7. Import Contact from Excel to iPhone
- 8. Import Contact from Gmail to iPhone
- 9. Import Contacts to iPhone
- 10. Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- 11. Transfer Contact from PC to iPhone
- iPhone Contacts TiPs