4 Ways to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad Easily
If there has ever been a king of the smart phone, “it is the iPhone”, at least what the iPhone freaks say. With the advancements in technology and integration of smart features, Apple has always found a way to crawl up to the top. Having had the entire merits of using an iPhone floating for years now, there is one thing that always has had iPhone users landed in dilemma. Being an iPhone user, how do you sync contacts from iPhone to iPad and the answer is very simple. You do not have to manually feed all the contact details all over again. And if you want to import contacts from excel to iPhone, it could be easy too.
Well, there are 4 ways you can sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Let’s understand how the 4 ways work to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad.
Part 1: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using iCloud?
This is one of the easiest ways if you are wondering how to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Getting the contacts from iPhone to iPad is just a matter of minutes and takes few steps to set up both the devices before you start off with the syncing process.
Here are the steps required to set up the iPhone and iPad:
- On both iPhone and iPad, Go to “Settings” > then tap on “iCloud” > enter the Apple ID and Password to sign in.
- After signing in, tap on “Contacts” > turn it on > then select merge to combine the contacts with the iCloud database.
Ensure that both the devices are connected to the internet while you perform these steps and you will have all the contacts from iPhone synced to iPad.
Part 2: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using Dr.Fone?
Dr.Fone toolkit – iOS Data Backup & Restore can be used to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad. You can backup iPhone contacts using Dr.Fone and then restore the contacts to iPad without losing any data.
Backup & Restore iOS Data Turns Flexible.
- One click to backup the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restore.
- Selectively backup and restore any data you want.
- Supported iPhone 7/SE/6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/5c/5/4/4s that run iOS 10.3/9.3/8/7/6/5/4
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 10.12/10.11.
Here’s how to sync iPhone contacts to iPad:
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to the computer
Launch Dr.Fone toolkit for iOS on the computer and then select “Data Backup and Recovery” from among various options. Now, using a cable, connect the iPhone to the computer and then allow Dr.Fone to automatically detect your connected iPhone device.
- Step 2: Select “Contacts” to Backup
After the iPhone is connected successfully, Dr.Fone will automatically detect the file types in it. Select “Contacts” to backup and then click on “Backup”.
The backup process will start and take few minutes to complete depending on the volume of data to be backed up. Dr.Fone will display all the data which are supported after the backup is completed.
Now that you have backed up all the contacts in the iPhone, restoring them to the iPad is the way to it.
- Step 3: Select Restore to Device
Once the backup is completed, connect your iPad using a USB cable and disconnect your iPhone. Select the backup file and hit “Restore to Device”. It's as simple as it sounds and any one can back up your contacts and sync them to your iPad.
Part 3: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using iTunes?
If you have been wondering how to sync iPhone contacts to iPad, iTunes is the tool you can use. iTunes syncs the information from your iPhone to iPad using the same Apple User ID and password. Here’s how you can sync contacts with iTunes from iPhone to iPad:
- Connect the iPad to the computer. Before this, ensure that the iPhone containing contacts is already synced with the iTunes. To do so connect your iPhone to iTunes and select“Sync with this iPhone over WiFi” under the Summary tab in iTunes. Once your iPhone is synced, disconnect it and move on to the next step.
- Now, click the device button and then click “Info” to view options related to the connected iPad.
Now, select the items you want to sync and click “Apply”. This will sync the entire contact list to iPad. Every time there is a change in the contact list or any other data in the iPhone, it gets synced with the iTunes which can later be synced with iPad to update data.
Part 4: How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad using MobileTrans?
MobileTrans works in a number of ways in which you can sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. MobileTrans works as a great tool to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad with ease. Here’s how to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad with one click using MobileTrans:
You will use the MobileTrans – Phone to Phone Transfer in this process to transfer contacts. Here are the steps you have to follow:
- Step 1: Connect the devices to the computer
Open Wondershare MobileTrans and then select “Phone to Phone Transfer”. Get both the devices connected now. Since we wish to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad here, connect iPhone and iPad to the computer.
The contacts will be transferred from the source to destination i.e. iPad.
- Step 2: Choose the file to transfer
Now, after both the devices are connected to the computer and get detected by the program, it’s time to select “Contacts” to transfer. Choose “Contacts” and then click on “Start Transfer” to start the process. The whole process will take few minutes to get completed. So, do not disconnect the devices during the process.
You can also use the “Clear Data before copy” option by checking the box if you wish to erase data on the iPad before getting new data copied.
This is one of the simple methods to get the contacts transferred from iPhone to iPad in just a few steps.
So, these are 4 ways in which you can transfer contacts from iPhone to iPad. Since these methods are the outcome of thorough research, all the methods are absolutely safe and there is absolutely no data loss in the process. However, we would recommend Dr.Fone toolkit – iOS Data Backup & Restore, considering its robust and efficient working design. It is one of the best and popular tools to transfer data from iPhone to iPad and offers an amazing overall experience with a simple interface and fast process.
What’s imperative is to ensure that you follow all the steps properly and that’s all, there you have it; all the contacts in iPad.
iPhone Contact Transfer
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to Other Media
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail
- Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- Export Contacts from iPhone to Excel
- Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes
- Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
- Import Contacts from Gmail to iPhone
- Import Contacts to iPhone
- Best iPhone Contact Transfer Apps
- Sync iPhone Contacts With Apps
- Android to iPhone Contacts Transfer Apps
- iPhone Contacts Transfer App
- More iPhone Contact Tricks