How to Import Contacts from Excel to iPhone? [iPhone 13 Included]
Having your business contacts accessible on your iPhone makes it convenient and efficient to manage your business. This is because you have access to all the important contacts, spanning from distributors, sellers to even the customers.
However, it is not feasible to add every contact manually from your diverse business contact database on your computer onto your iPhone, especially when you change to a new iPhone like iPhone 13.
But, to the good fortune of many, with iPhone, contacts can easily be imported via the excel file. In this article, we’ll be looking at the step-by-step guide on how to import contacts from excel to iPhone with iTunes.
Next, we’ll also be discussing how you could transfer excel to the iPhone through iCloud, and lastly, with a third-party tool. So, scroll down, and let’s find out:
Part 1: How to Transfer Excel to iPhone Including iPhone 13/12 Pro(Max) Through iTunes
If your computer has macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier version installed, then you can quickly transfer an excel spreadsheet in the form of a Vcard or CSV format from your PC onto your iPhone or iPad.
This method is perfect if you are not using iCloud. On the other hand, if your system has macOS Catalina 10.15, you need a Finder to transfer excel spreadsheets across devices. Here’s the step-by-step mini-guide to import contacts from excel to iPhone:
Step 1: Connect your iPad or iPhone to your Mac computer, then open the iTunes software. After a few seconds, the device icon will appear on the screen’s top-left corner.
Step 2: You need to click the device button on iTunes as soon as your connected device appears, and from the side, the panel clicks file sharing.
Step 3: From the left panel list, you have to add the number you wish to transfer to your iPhone.
Step 4: You need to select the contact spreadsheet you want to import to your iPhone, the spreadsheet thumbnail. Then click add. The spreadsheet document will be there in the numbers documents list of iTunes.
Step 5: Open numbers on your iPad or iPhone.
Step 6: In this step, you have to tap the file on the home screen. Then tap browse at the screen’s bottom, and the last tap on my iPhone.
Step 7: Finally, if you have to open the imported document on your iPhone, you need to tap the numbers folder, and then the transfer process will happen.
Pros of iTunes
- Supports most versions of iPods, iPads, and iPhones.
- Works perfectly with a USB cable and wireless network
- Direct transfer files between Apple devices.
Cons of iTunes
- Require a lot of disk space
- Not every iPhone App supports the file-sharing feature of iTunes
- Multiple folders can not be imported with iTunes
You May Also Like:
Part 2: How To Transfer Excel to iPhone Including iPhone 13/12 Pro(Max) through iCloud?
Now, coming to the other method of transferring contacts from excel to iPhone with iCloud.
Step 1: Visit the website www.iCloud.com, and there you need to log on using your Apple username and password.
Step 2: You need to connect your iPhone to your Mac computer to transfer contacts from excel to iPhone.
Step 3: Click on the Contacts icon from excel contacts to your iPhone or iPod.
Step 4: In the bottom left corner of the iCloud screen, you’ll have to click on the Gear icon and then select the Import vCard option.
Step 5: Then, you’ll have to go to the folder path where the VCF file has been saved on your Mac computer, and lastly, click on the open button.
Step 6: The final step is to go to the contact section on your iPhone or iPod device. When the iCloud account has been synchronized with your iPhone device, you’ll get to see all the converted contacts.
Pros of iCloud
- Accessible from anywhere and very secure.
- Ample storage space to store all your stuff, right from digital content to messages and contacts.
Cons of iCloud
- An expensive software to have on your computer.
- The user interface is confusing for technically challenged people.
Part 3: How to Transfer Excel to iPhone Including iPhone 13/12 Pro(Max) Without iTunes?
Here, we discuss how to transfer contacts from excel to iPhone without iTunes. Because many people find it complicated to complete the transfer with iTunes as it involves several complex steps and requires quite an amount of disk space, we recommend Dr.Fone, it is free third-party software that is easy and reliable to use. This software is available for windows and Mac PCs and comes with a free trial. So, you can transfer contacts from excel to iPhone without spending a penny.
Dr.Fone works flawlessly with most versions of iOS. It is the most powerful way to transfer all kinds of contacts between your computer and iPhone. Apart from importing contacts from excel to iPhone, you can transfer videos, photos, messages, and other stuff with a few simple steps. In addition to that, you can transfer iTunes content. And, the best part, you don’t need to have to install iTunes on your computer.
What is Dr.Fone?
Dr.Fone began as a straightforward iOS fix and recuperation unit. Then, the engineers added a spectrum of more features and similarly started offering their services to Android devices.
You need to note that the Android and iOS suites are no equivalents because the two working frameworks have various functionalities and prerequisites.
Since it was propelled, Dr.Fone has continued developing for a long time and has today more than 50 million installs worldwide. Dr.Fone is a product of Wondershare, incredible software with an array of features that works with the latest devices and operating systems. It is safe software with the most upgraded safety features for complete protection.
It is Free software that you can download on both your Mac and Windows PC.
Import Contacts from Excel to iPhone
- Transfer your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc by simple one-click.
- Backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod data to the computer and restore them to avoid data loss.
- Move music, contacts, videos, messages, etc from the old phone to a new one.
- Import or export files between phone and computer.
- Reorganize & manage your iTunes library without using iTunes.
- Fully compatible with the newest iOS versions and iPod.
3981454 people have downloaded it
Step 1: First, you need to convert your Excel files to a Vcard file or CSV file, connect your iOS device to your personal computer via the authentic cable, and launch the Dr.Fone application. The welcome screen will pop-up, where you’ll click the transfer module.
Step 2: Once you have connected your device, you don’t have to do anything as the Dr.Fone software detected any newly connected device. Once detected, it will commence with the transfer process, and the transfer window will automatically come up.
Step 3: Rather than selecting information from the home tab, you need to go to the information tab.
Step 4: On the information tab, you'll find critical data related to your device on your device's SMS and contacts. You can switch between SMS and contacts from the left panel.
Step 5: You need to click the import button and select the type of File you want to import from your PC to your iPhone. The most common format is CSV.
Step 6: You have to “Go To The Location” of these files and then click the ok button. Once done, data will be imported from excel format to your iPhone.
Pros of Dr.Fone software for importing contacts from Excel to iPhone
- Compatible with the latest operating systems and devices.
- Backed by a money-back guarantee and free tech support.
- It has a simple and user-friendly interface that allows anyone to use it with no difficulty.
- During the transfer, you'll have the freedom to manage the data like edits, delete and add with previewing.
- Your privacy is protected with advanced encryption.
- 24*7 email support to clear even the minute's query of yours.
Cons of Dr.Fone software for importing contacts from Excel to iPhone
- An active Internet connection is needed to complete the transfer process.
In the End
From this article, we found that we can make transfer contacts from excel to iPhone. But, this method has several flaws, so we learned how to transfer contacts from excel to iPhone with iCloud. We put forth a quick step-by-step guide with iTunes, which you can implement the next time.
Above all, if you don’t want to try any of the above methods, we explained how to import contacts from excel to iPhone with Dr.Fone. It is trustworthy software that you download for free and transfers files across your computer and iPhone. You can import contacts with a few clicks as described above.
We highlighted the pros and cons of each method. So, the ball in your court, you have made the final call based on the complexity and safety of each method.
We have used any of the above methods for importing contacts from Excel to iPhone, we would love to hear from you in the comment section of this blog post.
- Back up iPhone Contacts
- Manage iPhone Contacts
- 1. Export Contacts from iPhone
- 2. Manage iPhone Contacts
- 3. Find and Merge Contacts on iPhone
- 4. Share Contacts on iPhone
- 5. Get iPhone Contacts from iTunes
- 6. Export iPhone Contacts to CSV
- 7. How to Export iPhone Contacts to a VCF|vCards
- 8. Delete Contacts from iPhone
- 9. Full Guide on Managing iPhone Contacts
- 10. Print Contacts from iPhone
- 11. View iPhone Contacts on Computer
- 12. Edit/Delete/Merge Contact on PC
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- 1. Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- 2. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 3. Recover iPhone Deleted iMessages
- 4. Recover iPhone Deleted Photos
- 5. Recover Permanently Deleted Data
- 6. FonePaw VS Dr.Fone
- 7. See Blocked Messages on iPhone
- 8. Recover Data from Dead iPhone
- 10. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 11. Recover Contacts Without Backup
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone
- 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to Outlook
- 2. Transfer Contact without iCloud
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Contact With/Without iTunes
- 5. Transfer Contact from iPhone to Android
- 6. Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- 7. Export from iPhone to Excel
- 8. Transfer Contact from iPhone to PC
- 9. Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- 1. Android to iPhone Transfer Apps
- 2. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 4. Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from Sony Xperia to iPhone
- 6. Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- 7. Import Contact from Excel to iPhone
- 8. Import Contact from Gmail to iPhone
- 9. Import Contacts to iPhone
- 10. Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- 11. Transfer Contact from PC to iPhone
- iPhone Contacts TiPs