How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM?
“How to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM? I want to use my SIM on another device but can’t seem to export contacts to SIM on iPhone!”
Lately, lots of iPhone users have asked similar questions as they wish to save contacts to SIM card on iPhone. It might sound surprising, but it can be a little complicated to learn how to save contacts to SIM on iPhone. In this tutorial, we will answer the question – how to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM and provide a foolproof way to save and restore your iPhone contacts. Let’s get it started and learn more about how to export contacts from iPhone to SIM.
Part 1: Is it possible to save contacts to SIM on iPhone?
A lot of users take the assistance of SIM card to save their contacts. If you are also doing the same, then you can easily learn how to import SIM contacts to iPhone. Simply go to your device’s Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar and tap on “Import SIM Contacts”.
Though, the problem occurs when users wish to do vice versa and learn how to import contacts from iPhone to SIM. As of now, Apple doesn’t provide a direct solution to export contacts to SIM on iPhone. If you really wish to save contacts to SIM on iPhone, then you have to jailbreak your device once. After jailbreaking your device, you can use certain apps to move contacts to SIM easily.
Though, if your device has not been jailbroken, then you can’t export contacts to SIM on iPhone directly. This is because Apple assumes the transfer of contacts via SIM card is an obsolete method. Don’t worry – you can try an alternative method to save and backup contacts on iPhone. We have discussed it in the next section.
Part 2: How to save iPhone contacts with Dr.Fone?
While we can’t learn how to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, we can try an alternative method to save our contacts. By taking the assistance of Dr.Fone - Backup & Restore (iOS), you can save your data by taking its backup. Later, you can restore the backup on any other iOS (or Android) device. In this way, you can easily move your contacts and don’t need to learn how to save contacts to SIM on iPhone.
Dr.Fone - Backup & Restore (iOS) is a highly advanced and intuitive tool that can backup and restore all the major data types like contacts, messages, photos, music, etc. It is compatible with every leading version of iOS (including iOS 17). Therefore, instead of learning how to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM, you can use Dr.Fone Backup & Restore by following these steps:
Save and Backup iPhone Contacts with 1-Click.
- One click to backup the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Support to backup Social apps on iOS devices, such as WhatsApp, LINE, Kik, Viber.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restore.
- Selectively backup and restore any data you want.
- Supported iPhone 15/14/13/12/11/X that run iOS 17/16/15/14/13 and former
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 14
1. Firstly, download Dr.Fone - Backup & Restore(iOS) on your computer and launch it whenever you wish to learn how to export contacts from iPhone (by taking its backup). From the welcome screen of Dr.Fone toolkit, select the option of “Backup & Restore”.
2. Now, connect your iPhone to the system and wait for the application to detect it automatically.
3. You can see that the tool can backup tons of applications as well. Simply click on the “Backup” button on the right panel to get things started.
4. From the next window, you can select the type of data that you wish to backup. You can also check the “Select all” option to take a comprehensive backup of your data. Additionally, you can alter the backup path from here as well.
5. To backup contacts, make sure the option of “Contacts” (under the Privacy section) is enabled before you click on the Backup button.
6. Wait for a while as Dr.Fone will backup your selected data. Once it is done, you will be notified. You can either view the backup content or go to the Backup location as well.
7. Whenever you need to restore your contacts, you can simply connect the device and click on the “Restore” option instead.
8. This will automatically display a list of the previous backup files. Select the file you wish to restore and click on the “View” button.
9. Your backup will be listed under different categories here. Go to Privacy > Contacts and select the contacts you wish to restore.
10. After making your selection, you can export this data to your PC or restore it to the connected device. Simply click on the “Restore to Device” and wait for a while.
11. In no time, your contacts would be restored to your device. When the process is completed, you will be notified.
That’s it! After restoring your contacts, you can safely remove the device and use it as per your wishes. Therefore, if you have Dr.Fone Backup & Restore, then you don’t need to worry about how to import contacts from iPhone to SIM.
Part 3: Other solutions to transfer iPhone contacts
While you can’t learn how to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM directly, you can always move your contacts from one phone to another. We have listed some easy solutions to help you resolve your query on how to save contacts to SIM on iPhone with some alternative methods.
Save your contacts to iCloud
By default, every user gets a free space of 5 GB on iCloud (which can later be expanded). Therefore, you can easily take a backup of your contacts and other important files on iCloud. Just go to your device’s Settings > iCloud and turn the backup option on. Make sure that the backup for Contacts is turned on as well. This will sync your contacts to iCloud, letting you access them on the go. In this way, you don’t have to learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM.
Export iPhone contacts Via iTunes
Another alternative to learning how to export contacts from iPhone to SIM is by taking the assistance of iTunes. Simply connect your device to the system and launch iTunes. Select your iPhone and go to its “Info” tab. From here, you can sync its contacts with iTunes. This will keep your contacts safe and allow you to sync them with another iOS device.
Copy iPhone Contacts Using Gmail
Just like iCloud, you can also sync your contacts with Gmail. If you don’t use Gmail, then go to your iPhone’s Accounts Settings and set up your Gmail account. Later, you can go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Gmail and toggle on the syncing option for Contacts.
If you want, you can access your Google Contacts and import them to a vCard as well. This would be a perfect alternative to learn how to import contacts from iPhone to SIM.
We hope this guide was able to answer your question of how to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM. Since there is no ideal solution for it, you can try different alternatives. Dr.Fone Backup & Restore is one of the best ways to keep your contacts (and other types of data) safe and will certainly save the day during an emergency situation.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Back up iPhone Contacts
- Manage iPhone Contacts
- 1. Export Contacts from iPhone
- 2. Manage iPhone Contacts
- 3. Find and Merge Contacts on iPhone
- 4. Share Contacts on iPhone
- 5. Get iPhone Contacts from iTunes
- 6. Export iPhone Contacts to CSV
- 7. How to Export iPhone Contacts to a VCF|vCards
- 8. Delete Contacts from iPhone
- 9. Manage iPhone Contacts On PC
- 10. Print Contacts from iPhone
- 11. View iPhone Contacts on Computer
- 12. Edit/Delete/Merge Contact on PC
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- 1. Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- 2. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 3. Recover iPhone Deleted iMessages
- 4. Recover iPhone Deleted Photos
- 5. Recover Permanently Deleted Data
- 6. FonePaw VS Dr.Fone
- 7. See Blocked Messages on iPhone
- 8. Recover Data from Dead iPhone
- 10. Recover iPhone Deleted Text Message
- 11. Recover Contacts Without Backup
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone
- 1. Sync iPhone Contacts to Outlook
- 2. Transfer Contact without iCloud
- 3. Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Contact With/Without iTunes
- 5. Transfer Contact from iPhone to Android
- 6. Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- 7. Export from iPhone to Excel
- 8. Transfer Contact from iPhone to PC
- 9. Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- 1. Android to iPhone Transfer Apps
- 2. Transfer from Android to iPhone
- 3. Transfer from Android to iPhone XS
- 4. Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- 5. Transfer from Sony Xperia to iPhone
- 6. Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- 7. Import Contact from Excel to iPhone
- 8. Import Contact from Gmail to iPhone
- 9. Import Contacts to iPhone
- 10. Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- 11. Transfer Contact from PC to iPhone
- iPhone Contacts TiPs