Easy Methods to Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive
"My iTunes is too large and I plan to copy music from iTunes to flash drive. Is there any way that allow me to copy itunes music to flash drive with songs. What I've read from the internet is only backing up iTunes Library file: iTunes Library.itl to flash drive. This is what I don't need. To ensure the security of all my music, both iTunes purchased and ripped from CDs, I must copy them from iTunes to flash drive. Any idea?"
Ok, it's true that when you search "backup iTunes Library to flash drive", you're going to get a lot of threads about backing up iTunes Library.itl file. And by doing this, you'll never get your songs from iTunes to a flash drive. In this article, 2 ways are introduced to transfer music from iTunes to flash drive.
Whether you're familiar with iTunes or not, you should find Advanced Preferences for iTunes Library first. Launch iTunes and click Edit > Preference. Click Advanced tab. From the box, you can see two options: Keep iTunes Media folder organized and Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library. Please check them.
Click File > Library > Organize Library. In the Organize Library dialogue box, check "Consolidate files".
By doing what the above 2 steps say, all media files in iTunes Library are save in iTunes Media folder. And then you can go to the Media folder to copy all music to flash hard drive. Open Computer, click Music on the left side and open iTunes folder on the right side. From here, you can see a folder named as "iTunes Media". Open it and you can see the Music folder. All your iTunes songs are saved here. Now you can copy the Music folder directly to the flash drive.
You can also use Dr.Fone to copy music from iTunes to flash drive.
An easy way to copy iTunes music to flash drive with songs is Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) and one of your iPod, iPhone, or even iPad to get down to the task.
Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Support all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models with any iOS versions.
Step 1. Sync itunes music to iPod, iPhone or iPad
Run Dr.Fone on your computer and select Transfer. Then connect your iPod, iPhone, or iPad to computer. Click Transfer iTunes Media to Device option to help you transfer iTunes Music to iPhone, iPad, iPod easily.
Step 2. Transfer iTunes Music on iOS device to Flash Drive
Click Music on the main window of Dr.Fone to sync music to flash drive. All iTunes music you've synced to your devices can be seen here. Select wanted ones and click "Export > Export to PC" from "Export" drop-down list. In the newly window, find your flash drive and save these iTunes songs.
By doing this, no duplicate will be made. And all songs are arranges properly on one folder in your flash drive. If this guide helps, don't forget to share it with your friends.
What If iTunes Does Not Work?
It is a widely complained phenomenon that iTunes fails to work properly when you copy music from iTunes to flash drive. iTunes itself may have corrupted components and you need to have your iTunes repaired in this case.
Here is a quick fix to help nail it.
Quickly fix iTunes issues to help copy music from iTunes to flash drive
- Fix all iTunes errors like iTunes error 3004, error 21, error 4013, error 4015, etc.
- Quick and reliable fix when facing iTunes connection and syncing issues.
- Keep iTunes data and iPhone data intact.
- Fastest solution to bring iTunes to normal state.
- Download, install, and open Dr.Fone - System Repair from your computer.
- In the window that opens, click "System Repair" > "iTunes Repair". Connect your iPhone to PC with the designated cable.
- Check iTunes connection: Choose "Repair iTunes Connection Issues" to fix connection issues. Then check if iTunes goes properly now.
- Fix iTunes errors: Click "Repair iTunes Errors" to verify and repair iTunes components. Then check if iTunes can work as expected.
- Fix iTunes errors in advanced mode: Click "Advanced Repair" to fix iTunes in advanced mode.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Transfer iPhone Music
- 1. Transfer Music from iPhone to iCloud
- 2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone
- 5. Transfer Music Between Computer and iPhone
- 6. Transfer Music from iPhone to iPod
- 7. Transfer Music to Jailbroken iPhone
- 8. Put Music on iPhone X/iPhone 8
- 2. Transfer iPod Music
- 1. Transfer Music from iPod Touch to Computer
- 2. Extract Music from iPod
- 3. Transfer Music from iPod to New Computer
- 4. Transfer Music from iPod to Hard Drive
- 5. Transfer Music from Hard Drive to iPod
- 6. Transfer Music from iPod to Computer
- 3. Transfer iPad Music
- 4. Other Music Transfer Tips