[Fixed] Your Account Has Been Disabled in the App Store and iTunes?
You may see the error message, “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” when you try to log in. This is often an indication that for some reason your Apple ID is not working as it should. When you consider that you will not be able to download or update apps or even make a purchase using Apple Pay without your Apple ID, it is easy to see why this error message can be a problem.
Why is my account disabled in the App store? Here, we take a look at the reasons why you may see the error messages and what you can do to fix them.
- Part 1. Why has my account been disabled in the App Store and iTunes”?
- Part 2. How to fix “Your account has been disabled in App store and iTunes”?
- 1. Wait 24 hours and Try Again
- 2. View Your Payment Methods and Update Them
- 3. Settle Any Unpaid Charges
- 4. Sign Out and Sign in Again
- 5. Try Contacting iTunes Support Directly
Part 1. Why has my account been disabled in the App Store and iTunes?
The following are some of the reasons why you may see this error message popup on your screen:
- Entering the incorrect Apple ID and password multiple times
- Not using your Apple ID for an extended period of time
- Any billing issues such as unpaid iTunes and App Store orders
- Safety and security reasons like when Apple suspects your account may be hacked
- When there are charging disputes on your credit card
Part 2. How to fix “Your account has been disabled in App store and iTunes”?
There are several ways to fix this problem and be able to access the device again. They include the following;
1. Wait 24 hours and Try Again
This method will prove useful to you if you have entered the wrong password several times. If this is the reason why your account has been disabled, leave it alone for about 24 hours. When the time has elapsed, try entering the correct password to see if this fixes the issue.
If you just forget the password and cannot remember it, you can follow the steps below to reset the password on your own iOS device:
Step 1: Open Settings.
Step 2: Tap [your name] on top of the screen> Password & Security > Change Password.
Step 3: Enter the passcode for your device.
Step 4: Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password.
If the above steps were unable to change or reset the password, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to https://iforgot.apple.com/
Step 2: Put your Apple ID (email) in the box and click "Continue"
Step 3: Enter the phone number that you use with your Apple ID
Step 4: Look for the notification on iPhone, Mac, or iPad and follow the instructions to reset the password.
Note that if you are changing your Apple ID password on an iPhone or iPad, you will need to enter your device's six-digit passcode, then reset a new password.
Forgetting the password is particularly troublesome, but there is good news. That is you can use Password Manager to find your passwords on your iPhone/iPad without spending too much time remembering them!
Key Features of Dr.Fone- Password Manager
- Unlock and manage various passcodes, PINs, Face IDs, Apple ID, WhatsApp password reset, and touch ID without limitations.
- To find your password on an iOS device, it effectively functions without harming or leaking your information.
- Ease your job by finding any strong password across various platforms to manage multiple email accounts.
- The installation of Dr.Fone on your device won't take much space without any disturbing ads.
2. View Your Payment Methods and Update Them
If you think that your account has been disabled because of a payment issue, it is necessary to check your payment methods and update them. Follow these simple steps to do it;
Step 1: Open the Settings and then tap on your name at the top
Step 2: Select “iTunes & App Store” and then choose your Apple ID
Step 3: Tap “View Apple ID” and then select “Manage Payments”
Step 4: Tap “Add Payment Method” to add a new payment method.
If the payment method was the issue, your account will be re-enabled after these steps.
3. Settle Any Unpaid Charges
Do you have any unpaid purchases or subscriptions? Settling any unpaid charges that you may have should reinstate your account.
4. Sign Out and Sign in Again
Signing out of your account and then signing back in may help if this issue is caused by a software glitch.
On your iOS device go to Settings > [Your Name] > iTunes & App Store and Sign Out. Then sign in again.
On your Mac, open the App Store (Store > Sign Out) and iTunes (Account > Sign Out. Then sign in again
5. Try Contacting iTunes Support Directly
You can follow these simple steps to contact iTunes support;
Step 1: Go to https://support.apple.com/choose-country-region/itunes and then select the region to go to the specific iTunes support page.
Step 2: Scroll down and then click “Contact Apple Support”
Step 3: Click on “iTunes Store: Purchasing music, movies, apps, and books.”
Step 4: Select “Account Management” and then select “Account Disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store alert”
Step 5: Then schedule a call with Apple Support and they should be able to help you fix your account disabled in App store.
Part 3. What does it influence when “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes”
When you see the error message “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” it often means the following;
- You cannot access Apple Books, App Store purchases, and even iTunes purchases.
- You may not have access to your iCloud account or any of the data stored in the account until you fix the problem
- You may not be able to access Apple services and any Apple Store orders and repairs may need to be rescheduled.
- Until you can fix the problem, you will not be able to receive iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud Mail
Part 4. Is “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” the same as “Apple ID disabled?”
The error message “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” differs from “Apple ID disabled”: where and why you see them. You will primarily see the “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” when you try to access content in the App Store. On the other hand, you may see the message “Apple ID disabled” when you enter the Apple ID and password to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock screen.
After you see these errors, you will not be able to access some of the features and apps that require your Apple ID for access.
Part 5. How to fix Apple ID disabled by removing Apple ID
Sometimes the only way to fix “Apple ID Disabled” is to remove the Apple ID from the device. This may become a viable solution if you lost or forgot the Apple ID password or ID and you have no way to recover them. It is also one of the best solutions when you purchased a second-hand device and you don’t know the Apple ID password for the account associated with the device.
One of the best ways to remove the Apple ID from an iOS device is to use Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). This third-party unlocking software is designed to easily and effectively remove the Apple ID password from any device. The following are some of the things it can do;
- It is one of the fastest ways to fix a disabled iOS device without iTunes or iCloud
- You can use it to remove the Apple ID from any iOS device
- It is also a good way to unlock all types of screen passcodes
- It supports all iOS device models and is compatible with all versions of the iOS firmware
Here’s how to use Dr. Fone Screen Unlock to remove the Apple ID from the device;
Step 1: Install the Program
To begin download the Dr. Fone Toolkit from the program’s main website. Install the toolkit onto your computer.
Open it after successful installation and then choose “Screen Unlock” from the main screen.
Step 2: Choose to Unlock Apple ID
On the next screen, you should see three options. Choose “Unlock Apple ID” since we want to remove the Apple ID from the device.
Step 3: Connect the iOS Device
Connect the iOS device to the computer using its lightning cable.
Then enter the device’s passcode and when prompted, tap “Trust” to allow the computer to detect the device. The program should detect the device and display information about it.
Step 4: Reset All the Settings
You will need to reset all settings on the device before the program can remove the Apple ID. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do that, just follow the instructions on the screen to reset all the settings.
Step 5: Apple ID Removal will Begin
The device should reboot once the settings have been reset. Dr. Fone will immediately begin removing the Apple ID from the device.
You should see a progress bar indicating how long the process will take. Ordinarily, the removal should take just a few seconds.
When the process is complete, you will see a notification on the screen letting you know that the Apple ID has been removed.
You should then be able to sign in to another Apple ID or create a new Apple ID and password to use on the device.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iCloud Unlock
- 1. iCloud Bypass Tools
- 2. Bypass iCloud Lock for iPhone
- 3. Recover iCloud Password
- 4. Bypass iCloud Activation
- 5. Forgot iCloud Password
- 6. Unlock iCloud Account
- 7. Unlock iCloud lock
- 8. Unlock iCloud Activation
- 9. Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 10. Fix iCloud Lock
- 11. iCloud IMEI Unlock
- 12. Get Rid of iCloud Lock
- 13. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 14. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- 15. iCloud Unlocker Download
- 16. Delete iCloud Account without Password
- 17. Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
- 18. Bypass Activation Lock without Sim Card
- 19. Does Jailbreak Remove MDM
- 20. iCloud Activation Bypass Tool Version 1.4
- 21. iPhone can not be activated because of activation server
- 22. Fix iPas Stuck on Activation Lock
- 23. Bypass iCloud Activation Lock in iOS 14
- iCloud Tips
- 1. Ways to Backup iPhone
- 2. iCloud Backup Messages
- 3. iCloud WhatsApp Backup
- 4. Access iCloud Backup Content
- 5. Access iCloud Photos
- 6. Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- 7. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 8. Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Unlock Apple Account
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Unlock Apple ID without Security Questions
- 3. Fix Disabled Apple Account
- 4. Remove Apple ID from iPhone without Password
- 5. Fix Apple Account Locked
- 6. Erase iPad without Apple ID
- 7. How to Disconnect iPhone from iCloud
- 8. Fix Disabled iTunes Account
- 9. Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- 10. Unlock Apple ID Disabled Activation Lock
- 11. How to Delete Apple ID
- 12. Unlock Apple Watch iCloud
- 13. Remove Device from iCloud
- 14. Turn Off Two Factor Authentication Apple