iPhone 15 Won't Start? Effective and Verified Fixes
Experiencing unexpected issues with your smartphone can be frustrating and worrisome. Among the most concerning problems faced by iPhone 15 users is when their iPhone 15 won't turn on. If you happen to be one of the unfortunate to experience this issue, there is no need to worry. We have compiled a detailed guide to help you navigate this worrying situation.
In this article, we will explore a range of verified and tried fixes that have proven effective in resolving this issue. These solutions have been tested by experts and users alike. Thus, you can confidently use them to resolve the iPhone 15 Pro won’t turn on issue.
Part 1: What Are the Symptoms of iPhone 15 Won’t Power On?
Before we dive into the solutions, it's essential to identify the key symptoms that indicate your iPhone 15 is experiencing power-on issues. Recognizing these signs will help you confirm whether your device is facing this problem. Here are the common symptoms of the iPhone 15 Pro Max won't turn on the issue:
- Blank Screen: When attempting to power on your iPhone 15, the display remains entirely black. The device shows no signs of life or activity.
- Unresponsive Buttons: Despite pressing the power button or any other buttons, there is no response from the device. No matter what you do, it remains unresponsive.
- No Vibrations: Usually, when an iPhone powers on, it produces a slight vibration. In the case of power-on issues, you won't feel any vibrations upon pressing the power button.
- No Apple Logo: Upon successfully turning on an iPhone, the iconic Apple logo appears on the screen. However, if your iPhone 15 won't power on, you won't see this logo at all.
- Not Charging: Connecting your iPhone 15 to a power source doesn't trigger any charging indication. Neither is there a battery icon on the screen nor any other sign.
- Stuck on Boot Loop: In some cases, the iPhone 15 might get stuck in a continuous boot loop. It repeatedly tries to turn it on but fails to do so completely.
Part 2: What Are the Reasons for New iPhone 15 Won’t Turn On
Encountering a situation where your brand-new iPhone 15 won't turn on can be disheartening. Several factors can contribute to this problem. These range from software-related issues to hardware malfunctions. Here are some of the most common reasons why your new iPhone 15 won't power on:
- Battery Depletion: One of the most straightforward explanations for your iPhone 15 won't turn on could be a completely drained battery. If the battery has been fully discharged, the device won't respond to attempts to power it on until it is charged.
- Software Glitches:Like any electronic device, iPhones can experience software-related hiccups. These can cause the device to become unresponsive. A corrupted iOS, failed software update, or an app conflict could be culprits.
- Hardware Issues:Physical damage to critical components, such as the battery, power button, or charging port, can lead to power-on problems. Internal hardware malfunctions might also prevent the device from booting up.
- Liquid Damage:Did your iPhone 15 come into contact with water or any other liquid? If yes, it can cause internal damage, leading to power issues.
- Firmware Issues:Sometimes, there can be a problem with the device's firmware. This problem can prevent it from starting up correctly.
- Overheating:If your iPhone 15 has overheated, it might go into protective mode. Thus, it can refuse to turn it on until it cools down.
Part 3: How To Fix New iPhone Won’t Turn On Problem
Facing an unresponsive new iPhone 15 can be frustrating. However, there is no need to rush to conclusions or seek professional help. Try these verified and tried fixes to resolve my iPhone 15 won't turn on problem. We'll walk you through step-by-step solutions to address various potential causes:
Fix 1: Recharge the iPhone 15 Battery
If your iPhone 15 won't turn on, the first step is to ensure the battery isn't fully depleted. Connect your iPhone 15 to its original charger and plug it into a power source. Wait for at least 30 minutes, and monitor for any charging indicators like the battery icon.
If the battery was the issue, you should see the Apple logo appear on the screen when you press and hold the side (or power) button. If not, consider trying a different outlet, testing with another charger and cable, and cleaning the charging port from any debris.
Fix 2: Try Force Restarting the iPhone 15
A force restart can help you out if recharging the iPhone 15 hasn't worked. Force restarting your iPhone 15 helps remove temporary bugs and glitches, the potential causes of this issue. It also refreshes the system process, which can help resolve the problem. Here is how you can force restart your iPhone 15:
- Step 1: To restart your unresponsive iPhone, press and quickly release your iPhone's “Volume Up” button. Now do the same with the “Volume Down” button. After this, push and hold the "Side" button on your phone.
Step 2: You must hold this button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Once the logo appears, then release the button, and your iPhone will be force restarted.
Fix 3: Use the Recovery Mode
One way to resolve the iPhone 15 Pro won't turn on is to restore it via iTunes/Finder. To fix this issue using this method, you will need to use Recovery Mode. The process would require the latest version of iTunes/Finder on your PC/Mac. Follow these steps to restore your iPhone 15 using iTunes/Finder:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone 15 to a PC/Mac while ensuring the latest version of iTunes or Finder is launched. Proceed with the process by putting your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
- Step 2: To enable Recovery Mode on your iPhone 15, quickly press and release the "Volume Up" button. Follow it by quickly pressing and releasing the "Volume Down" button. In the end, press and hold the "Side" button until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- Step 3: On your PC or MacBook, iTunes/Finder will detect your iPhone 15 in Recovery Mode. It will prompt you with options to "Restore" or "Update." Choose the "Update" option to try to reinstall the iPhone's software without erasing your data. If the "Update" option doesn't work, you will need to select "Restore."
Fix 4: Try Fixing the Issue in DFU Mode
Is your iPhone 15 still won't turn on after attempting the previous fixes? Entering Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode might help address more serious software-related issues. DFU mode allows your iPhone 15 to communicate with iTunes without activating the OS. Follow these steps to put your iPhone 15 into DFU mode:
- Step 1: Turn off your iPhone 15 and connect it to your Mac or Windows computer using the MFi-Certified cable. Ensure you have iTunes (for Windows) or Finder (for Mac) open and running on your computer.
- Step 2: Press and hold the "Side" button on your device for exactly three seconds. While still holding the Side button, simultaneously press and hold the "Volume Down" button. You will have to keep both buttons pressed for a total of 10 seconds.
- Step 3: After 10 seconds, release the Side button. However, continue to hold the volume down button for an extra five seconds. Finally, release the volume down button. If your iPhone or iPad's screen remains illuminated but blank, it indicates that your device has successfully entered DFU mode.
- Step 4: On your computer, iTunes/Finder should detect your iPhone 15 in DFU mode. You will receive a prompt with options to "Restore" or "Update." Choose the "Restore" option to reinstall the iPhone's firmware completely.
Fix 5: The Best iPhone 15 Supported iOS System Repair Toolkit
It might be time to turn to specialized software if still, your iPhone 15 won't turn on. Wondershare Dr.Fone is a professional iOS system repair toolkit. It can fix a wide range of software-related issues and can do it without data loss. These issues include iPhone won't turn on, the Black Screen of Death, a frozen iPhone, etc.
Key Features of Wondershare Dr.Fone
- With Wondershare Dr.Fone, you can upgrade your iOS device to the latest beta versions.
- It gives you full freedom to upgrade/downgrade your device to your desired iOS version without jailbreaking.
- Wondershare Dr.Fone supports all iOS versions for repairing iOS system issues.
Step-by-Step Guide To Use Wondershare Dr.Fone To Fix iPhone 15 Won’t Turn On
To fix your iPhone 15 that won't turn on, you can use the following step-by-step instructions to use Wondershare Dr.Fone:
- Step 1: Go With the System Repair Tool
The process will start with the installation of Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer. Now launch it, and from the left toolbar, choose "Toolbox." You will now come across a number of options, and here you need to click "System Repair." Follow this by selecting "iOS" as your device type.
- Step 2: Choose the Standard Repair Mode
You will now arrive at different repair options for iOS devices, and here, tap "iOS Repair." Choose the “Standard Repair” mode as the repair mode because it won’t cause data loss. Now you need to enable Recovery Mode on your iPhone 15, for which you can use the on-screen instructions.
- Step 3: Fix the iPhone 15 won’t Turn On Issue
After enabling Recovery Mode, Dr.Fone will provide related firmware for your device. Click “Download” to use the desired one. Once it is downloaded and verified, tap “Repair Now” to begin the repair process. When the process is complete, your iPhone 15 will be fixed.
Fix 6: Contact the Apple Support or Third-Party Repair Shop
If all the previous fixes have failed to resolve the issue of your iPhone 15 not powering on, it's time to seek professional help. There might be underlying hardware problems. It can also be complex software issues that need specialized attention. You can either contact Apple Support or try a third-party repair shop.
By contacting Apple Support or visiting a professional repair center, you increase the chances of fixing this issue. Professional technicians have the expertise and tools to diagnose and repair complex problems.
All things considered, experiencing iPhone 15 won't power on can be distressing. Throughout this article, we explored various verified and tried fixes. From recharging the battery to using Recovery Mode, we covered essential steps to help fix your device. While third-party repair shops are an option, there is one standout solution that stands above the rest: Wondershare Dr.Fone.
This powerful iOS system repair toolkit offers specialized and effective solutions. It can address over 150 software-related issues. With support for the iPhone 15 and a simple interface, Wondershare Dr.Fone is a reliable choice for fixing your device.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Screen Recorder No Sound
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems