How to Fix Emergency Alerts iPhone Not Working? 9 Fixes!
Emergency alerts serve a crucial role in keeping you informed and safe during critical situations. These alerts are designed to provide important information regarding emergencies such as natural disasters, severe weather conditions, AMBER alerts (for missing children), and public safety threats. The emergency alerts feature on your iPhone device is by default turned on all the time. But still, there comes a situation when your iPhone device stops giving you these kinds of emergency alerts for some reason. If you are facing the same issue with your device, you might be looking for solutions to fix your issue. So, today in this content, we are going to provide you with nine powerful ways you can perform to fix the emergency alerts for iPhone not working. Let’s have a quick look at these effective ways:
- Solution 1. Restart iPhone
- Solution 2. Ensure Emergency Alerts are Enabled
- Solution 3. Check Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode
- Solution 4. Reset the Settings
- Solution 5. Turn Airplane Mode on and off
- Solution 6. Upgrade iOS to Latest
- Solution 7. Use The Professional Tool to Fix iPhone Issue
- Solution 8. Factory Reset Your iPhone
- Solution 9. Contact Your Carrier or Apple Support Center
Solution 1. Restart iPhone:
The first method used for fixing emergency alerts on an iPhone not working is restarting your device. Although this method is not always suitable, you can give it a try. So, for using this method, follow the given steps:
Step One - If you are using the iPhone X or any of the other latest iPhone models, you are required to press and hold the power button and volume button. Here you need to keep holding these buttons until and unless you can see the slider on your iPhone screen.
If you are using an iPhone 8 or any of the previous iPhone models, you simply need to press and hold the power button only until and unless the slider appears on your screen.
Step Two - Then, you drag the slider, which will turn off your iPhone Device within a few minutes.
Solution 2. Ensure Emergency Alerts are Enabled:
Although emergency alerts should be enabled on your iPhone by default, you can still confirm again by yourself. To check this, go to "Settings" and select "Notifications." Scroll down to the bottom and ensure that "Emergency Alerts" is toggled on. Additionally, make sure that the "Show on Lock Screen" and "Show as Banners" options are also enabled. If these settings are already turned on, proceed to the next step.
Solution 3. Check Do Not Disturb and Silent Mode:
Emergency alerts might not work if your iPhone is in "Do Not Disturb" mode or silent mode. To check if the "Do Not Disturb" mode is enabled, go to "Settings" and select "Do Not Disturb." Disable it if it's turned on or set it to allow calls and alerts from your favorites or repeated calls. Additionally, ensure that the silent switch on the side of your iPhone is not set to silent mode (if applicable).
Solution 4. Reset the Settings:
Another useful method for fixing the issue when your emergency alerts are on but are actually not working is to reset your iPhone settings entirely. So, for doing this correctly, you can follow the given steps:
Step One - First of all, you need to launch the Settings app on your iPhone device.
Step Two - Now go to the ‘General’ option.
Step Three - Then choose ‘Reset’.
Step Four - After this, you need to choose the ‘Reset All Settings option.
Step Five - Now, here your iPhone device will ask you to enter the passcode. So, after typing your passcode, press the confirm button.
And your iPhone will be reset as a new device that might not have any emergency alerts, not working issues.
Solution 5. Turn Airplane Mode on and off:
Here, the fifth method you can adopt to fix your issue of emergency alerts not working on the iPhone is turning the Airplane mode On and off your device. For doing this, follow the given steps:
Step One - First of all, go to the ‘Settings’ Tab.
Step Two - Then Switch On/Off the ‘Airplane Mode’.
Step Three - Now, wait for a few minutes here.
Step Four - After this, again turn off the ‘Airplane Mode’.
Apart from this, you can also use your device's ‘Control Center’ for the same purpose.
Solution 6. Upgrade iOS to the Latest:
iPhone not getting emergency alerts? This issue may be caused by the old iOS system. Therefore, the method to solve the issue on iPhone regarding emergency alerts not working is to upgrade the iOS system to the latest version. Because many people have claimed that when they usually upgrade their system to the latest version of iOS, most of their system issues just vanished immediately after the update. So, you can also do this in just a few quick steps:
Step One - First of all go to the ‘Settings’ Icon.
Step Two - Then go to the ‘General’ option.
Step Three - Now go to the ‘Software Update’. When you press the ‘Software Update’ button, your iOS device will immediately start looking for the latest available updates.
Step Four - If you see the update is available, immediately press the ‘Download and Install’ option.
After clicking on this option, you can see your iPhone to the latest version after a few minutes.
Solution 7. Use The Professional Tool to Fix iPhone Issue
When you realize that your iOS device starts giving you troubles, there are some general fixes available in an iTunes restore. But sometimes these fixes are not enough so ‘Dr. Fone - System Repair’ comes out as a permanent solution for fixing all your problems. By utilizing this software, you can easily fix any of your device issues and have your device back in normal form. And the most important thing is that all it will take is three quick steps and less than 10 minutes of your precious time.
So, let’s do it with ‘Dr Fone - System Repair’.
Fixing Emergency Alerts on iPhone Not Working With ‘Dr Fone - System Repair’:
The ‘Dr. Fone - System Repair’ is one of the easiest solutions which can be performed on your device for fixing all types of issues in just three quick steps given below:
The Useful Tool to Fix Emergency Alerts iPhone Not Working. No iTunes Needed.
Step One - Launching Dr. Fone - System Repair’ on your device:
First of all, you need to launch the ‘Dr. Fone - System Repair’ solution on your computer device and then connect your iPhone to your computer. Choose "iPhone" > "iOS Repair".
Step Two - Downloading iPhone Firmware:
Put your iPhone into recovery mode. Here you need to download the proper iPhone firmware.
Step Three - Fixing Your iPhone Issues:
Now it’s time to fix your issues. So, press the ‘Repair Now’ button and see your phone in normal condition within a few minutes.
Solution 8. Factory Reset Your iPhone:
Apart from this, you can use an additional method for fixing your emergency alerts: the iPhone not working issue is using the factory reset option. But you carefully need to use this method as it will erase all the existing content of your device. So, if you still have decided to use this method then you can follow the given steps:
Step One - First of all go to the ‘Settings’ icon on your iPhone device.
Step Two - Then go to the ‘General’ option.
Step Three - Then choose ‘Reset’ from here.
Step Four - Now choose the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option. Before choosing this option, make sure you have the backup of your device to keep your data safe.
Step Five - If you have already backed up, you can surely choose the ‘Erase Now’ option.
With this, your iPhone device will be set as the new one.
Solution 8. Contact your Carrier or Apple Support Center:
If you've followed the steps above and emergency alerts are still not working on your iPhone, it's advisable to contact your cellular carrier. They can check if there are any known network issues or specific configurations required for emergency alerts to function correctly on their network. They might also need to verify that your account settings are properly configured to receive these alerts.
If there are no network issues, you can also contact Apple Support Center. They have trained professionals who can provide specific guidance and assistance tailored to your device and situation. They can help diagnose the problem, offer further troubleshooting steps, or advise on any potential hardware or software issues that may be affecting the functionality of emergency alerts.
We have provided you with six different solutions for solving your emergency alerts not working on your iPhone device issue in this Content. Here it is very important to solve this issue because these emergency alerts are highly important for the safety and security of the user as they can provide the relevant information on time. So, use these effective solutions, fix your issue, and make the performance of your iPhone device back to normal.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone Not Working
- iPhone Stuck
- 1. iPhone Stuck on Mute
- 2. iPhone Stuck on Loading Screen
- 2. iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS
- 3. iPhone Stuck on Setting Up Apple ID
- 4. iPhone Stuck on Spinning Wheel
- 5. iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 6. iPhone Stuck in Restore Mode
- 7. iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- 8. iPhone Flashing Apple Logo
- 9. iPhone Won't Go Past Apple Logo
- iPhone is Frozen
- 1. iPhone Keeps Freezing
- 2. Fix Frozen iPhone Screen
- 3. iPhone Messages Freezing
- 4. iPhone Frozen in 10 Seconds
- 5. Force Quit Frozen Apps on iPhone
- 6. iPhone Frozen During Update iOS 15
- 7. iPhone Frozen During Update iOS 16
- iPhone Won't Turn On/Off
- 1. iPhone Keeps Restarting
- 2. iPhone Keeps Turning Off
- 3. iPhone Won't Turn Off
- 4. iPhone Won't Turn On
- iPhone Screen Problems
- 1. iPhone Red Screen of Death
- 2. iPhone Blue Screen of Death
- 3. iPhone Black Screen of Death
- 4. iPhone White Screen of Death
- 5. Blue Line on iPhone Screen
- 6. Flickering Screen on iPhone
- 7. iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- 8. iPhone Touch Screen Not Working
- 9. iPhone Screen Recording Not Working
- 10. iPhone Screen Turned Black & White
- iPhone Servies Problems
- 1. iPhone No Service Problem
- 2. Safari Keeps Crashing on iPhone
- 3. Can't See iPhone Hotspot from PC
- 4. iPhone Hotspot Not Working
- 5. iPhone Bluetooth Not Working
- 6. iPhone Location is Wrong
- 7. iPhone GPS Not Working
- 8. iPhone Maps Not Working
- 9. Google Maps Not Working
- 10. Emergency Alerts Not Working
- 11. iPhone Airdrop Not Working
- iPhone Function Problems
- 1. iPhone Speaker Not Working
- 2. iPhone FaceTime Not Working
- 3. FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- 4. iPhone Notifications Not Working
- 5. iPhone Reception Problems
- 6. iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- 7. iPhone Quick Start Not Working
- 8. iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- 9. iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- 10. iPhone Face ID No Working
- 11. iPhone Not Saving Photos
- 12. iPhone Do Not Disturb Not Working
- Other iPhone Problems
- 1. Can't Update / Restore Error 1100
- 2. iPhone Camera Black or Not Working
- 3. iPhone / iTunes Error 4013
- 4. iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- 5. iPhone / iTunes Error 11
- 6. Do Not Disturb on iPhone Settings
- 7. iPhone Proximity Sensor by Yourself
- 8. Replace iPhone Digitizer
- 9. Accessory May Not Be Supported
- 10. Fix GPS Problems on iPhone