How to Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone to Mac
Voice mail is an outstanding feature, which permits individuals to share recorded messages to people within some seconds. As most people opt for text messages, sometimes voice mail is a preferred choice. In most cases those messages are rather personal: congratulations, best wishes, etc. As a result, you often desire to save these memories to your Mac or PC for future use.
The voice memos app is an excellent tool where you are afforded the ability to record essential audios in several ways. Many of its users have testified that it is quite a pleasant way to utilize your iPhone to take recordings of seminars, meetings, or lectures easy and fast. The downside of it is that it consumes lots of space and recorded in various formats. That may, in turn, bring about a lag on your iPhone or other problems that may evolve. In this easy-to-follow guide, we will reveal to you how to move voice memos from iPhone to Mac. To prevent your iPhone from running out of space, here are some easy ways to move voice memos from iPhone to Mac.
Transfer voice memos from iPhone to Mac via Dr.Fone
Dr.fone-phone manager makes the transfer between iPhone and Mac/Windows, iOS devices, iTunes smooth and easy. With this manager, you have the ability to transfer videos, photos, music, SMS, contacts, documents, etc. one after the other, or in bulk. Most significantly, you by-pass iTunes totally. Installing iTunes is no longer necessary.
With the use of Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (iOS), you can transfer voice memos and music from X/7/8/6 (plus)/6S to Mac in a few easy steps. Also, you can transfer various file formats from a Mac to an iPhone and vice versa.
Transfer Files to iPhone without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
To get voice memos from your iPhone to your Mac, follow the steps shown below.
1. First, go to the app store and download Dr. Phone-Manager (iOS) on your Mac from its site. Run it whenever you desire to transfer voice memos from iPhone to Mac and navigate to the “Phone Manager” section.
2. Link your iPhone to your Mac and wait a bit for your device to be automatically detected.
3. Now, in order to carry out a transfer of the voice memos from iPhone to Mac, navigate to the explorer tab located from the main menu of the page.
4. This will display all the folders found on the iPhone, including the folder containing the voice memo files.
5. All you need to do next is to select the voice memo files you want to transfer from the iPhone to the Mac, and after that, click on the ‘Export’ icon.
6. That action launches a pop-up window so that you can choose the destination you want to save the transferred voice memo files on your Mac.
There you go! By adhering to the above procedure, you will discover how easy it is to import voice memos from iPhone to Mac. The technique that has been shown above also applies when transferring other sorts of data files such as photos, videos, and music.
Import voice memos from iPhone to Mac using E-mail
One of the quickest ways to import voice memos to your Mac is by sending them via E-mails. E-mail or electronic mail is a way of exchanging messages utilizing electronic devices. Easy and fast but not the best solution if you are transferring more than memos as you are only capable of transferring one memo at a time. To send voice memos to your Mac through E-mail, follow the steps shown below.
1. Open the voice memos app from your iPhone and select the memo you desire to transfer.
2. Tap on the “share” icon, then choose via “e-mail.”
3. Input the vital details required like the recipient's e-mail address and then tap on the "send" button.
Move voice memos from iPhone to Mac with iTunes
If you make use of voice memos often and you intend to transfer multiple voice memos at a time to your Mac or Pc, you can utilize iTunes to automatically synchronize new voice memos to your Mac. Windows PC doesn’t come with iTunes, so there is a need to download and run iTunes to perform this action. iTunes comes pre-installed on Macs. To import voice memos from iPhone to Mac, follow the process below.
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac, utilizing the included USB cable. The cable is not different from the one you use in charging your iPhone.
2. Find your iPhone in the left side pane of iTunes on your Mac. Right-click and choose “Sync” on Windows. On a Mac, press down the command button and click on it.
3. If you have not previously linked your iPhone to iPhones, you be required to unlock your iPhone and then click “Trust” to trust the PC. After that, follow the instructions that will be shown you on.
4. iTunes will prompt you that there are new voice memos and ask if you intend to copy them to your Mac. Tap “copy voice Memos” to proceed.
In time to come, you can reconnect your iPhone to your Mac, sync in iTunes, and after that sync with your iPhone to copy any new voice memos to your Mac or PC.
To locate the voice memos on your Mac, go to /Users/NAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Voice memos in Finder.
There you would locate all your voice memos, names according to the time and date they were recorded. They’re in MP4 audio, or .MP4a format. These files are opened in Windows 10’s Music app, iTunes, VLC, and other media players.
As you have seen in this piece, there are several ways to transfer voice memos from iPhone to Mac without iTunes and with iTunes. It is worthy to note that some of these methods can be used even on Windows PC.
- iPhone Managing Tips
- iPhone Contacts Tips
- iCloud Tips
- iPhone Message Tips
- Activate iPhone without SIM card
- Activate New iPhone AT&T
- Activate New iPhone Verizon
- Other iPhone Tips
- Best iPhone Photo Printers
- Call Forwarding Apps for iPhone
- Security Apps for iPhone
- Things You Can Do with Your iPhone on the Plane
- Internet Explorer Alternatives for iPhone
- Find iPhone Wi-Fi Password
- Get Free Unlimited Data on Your Verizon iPhone
- Free iPhone Data Recovery Software
- Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
- Sync Thunderbird with iPhone
- Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- iPad Trash Can