3 Easy Ways to Sync Notes from iPhone to Mac
How to sync notes from iPhone to Mac?
If you have the same query, then this would be the last guide that you will read. It might surprise you, but there are numerous ways to sync notes from iPhone to Mac (and vice versa). Since our notes can contain some crucial information which we might need to access on the go, they should be synced between different devices. Getting Mac notes not syncing is also another issue that users face these days. Read on and get all your queries resolved regarding iPhone and Mac notes.
Part 1. How to Sync Notes from iPhone to Mac using iCloud?
The easiest way to sync notes from iPhone to Mac is by using iCloud. This is because iCloud is the native feature that is available on both iPhone and Mac. By default, every Apple user gets 5 GB of free space on iCloud, which is more than enough to store their notes. If Mac notes are not syncing with the iPhone, then you can also follow this approach.
Follow these steps to sync notes from iPhone to Mac using iCloud:
- To start with, you have to sync the notes on your iPhone with iCloud. This can be done by visiting your phone’s iCloud settings.
- Under the “Apps Using iCloud” category, you can find “Notes.” Make sure the option is turned on.
- In this way, all the notes on your iPhone will be synced to your iCloud account.
- To access them on your Mac, launch the iCloud desktop app. Log-in with the same iCloud account credentials.
- You can launch the iCloud app from System Preferences.
- In the iCloud app settings, make sure the option of “Notes” is enabled. In newer versions, it is listed under “iCloud Drive.” Sync Notes from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
Wait for a while as the iPhone notes that are synced with iCloud will be reflected on your Mac. In this way, you would be able to sync notes from iPhone to Mac with the help of iCloud.
Other useful posts about iPhone Notes:
Part 2. How to Sync iPhone Notes from iPhone to Mac without iCloud?
A lot of users face unexpected issues while syncing notes between iPhone and Mac using iCloud. If your Notes on Mac are not syncing with iPhone as well, then you can simply use Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS) as the alternative solution. It is a highly advanced tool, which can help you backup your iPhone data, export iPhone data to Mac/PC, and you can restore the backup to iOS/Android devices later as well. Since it is a part of the Dr.Fone toolkit, it provides a 100% safe and reliable solution. You can first take a backup of your notes on your Mac and export the iPhone Notes to Mac selectively.
Extremely easy to use, it provides a one-click solution to backup and restores any iPhone. You can reserve your iPhone photos, contacts, messages, call logs, notes, and so much more. Since the interface provides a preview of the data, you can select the specific files you wish to restore. In the same way, you can choose the type of data you want to backup.
Backup & Restore iOS Data Turns Flexible.
- One-click to backup the whole iOS device to your computer.
- Support to backup Social apps on iOS devices, such as WhatsApp, LINE, Kik, Viber.
- Allow to preview and restore any item from the backup to a device.
- Export what you want from the backup to your computer.
- No data loss on devices during the restoration.
- Selectively backup and restore any data you want.
- Supported iPhone 15/14/13/12/11/X and former that run iOS 17 and former.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 or Mac 14.
Follow the steps below to start syncing Notes from iPhone to Mac using Dr.Fone:
- Download Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS) on your Mac by visiting its website. Once it is installed, you can launch it to take a backup of your device.
- From its home, choose the “Phone Backup” module. Also, connect your iPhone to your system using an authentic lightning cable.
- Your phone will automatically be detected by the application. To start with, select the “Backup” option.
- The interface will display different types of data files that you can back up. Select “Notes” and click on the “Backup” button.
- In no time, the application will take a backup of the selected data. Once it is completed, you will be notified.
- Now, in order to access your notes, you can launch the application once again. Instead of backup, you have to select the “Restore” option.
- The interface will display a list of all the previous backup files with their details. Select the file of your choice and click on the “Next” button.
- The application will provide a preview of your data. All the content will be segregated into different categories that can be switched from the left panel.
- Go to the “Notes” section to preview the notes available in the backup. Select notes you wish to recover and click on the “Restore to PC” button.
- The following pop-up message will be displayed. From here, you can select the location to save the exported notes. Click on the “Export” button to extract your data to the selected location.
That’s it! By following this simple method, you can easily get your iPhone notes on your Mac without any trouble.
Part 3. How to Sync iPhone Notes using Other Email Account?
This might sound surprising, but your Notes can be stored in three ways. They can be stored on your iPhone, on iCloud, or the connected email account. To check where your notes are stored, you have to launch the app first. Now, tap on the back icon which is located on the top left corner.
This will land you to “Folders” where you can manage your notes. From here, you can view where your notes are stored. If you want, you can simply save notes on the email account.
Therefore, you can easily use a third-party email account (like Gmail) to sync your notes from iPhone to Mac. Ideally, there are two ways to do this.
Method 1: Sync notes on Mac
In the first method, we will sync the iPhone notes that are stored on the email account with Mac. To do this, go to the Mail, Contacts & Calendar settings on your Mac. From here, you can select the email account where your notes are stored.
Simply log-in to your account using the right credentials. Once it is done, System Preferences will ask you to select the apps you wish to use with the account. Enable “Notes” and click on the “Done” button.
In this way, your notes (saved on the email account) will be synced to your Mac.
Method 2: Email the notes
If you only wish to export a handful of notes from your iPhone to Mac, then you can also follow this approach. In this, we will manually email the note to ourselves. Firstly, go to the Notes app on your device and view the note that you wish to export. Tap on the share icon, which is located on the top.
Out of all the provided options, tap on “Mail”. Now, just provide your own email id and send the mail. Later, you can access the mail on your Mac and extract the note.
Part 4. Tips for Managing iPhone Notes
With every new iOS version, Apple comes with tons of advanced features for the Notes app as well. Here are some interesting ways to make the most of the Notes app on your iPhone.
4.1 Lock your important notes
We all use notes on our iPhone to store sensitive and frequently used information like bank details, ATM pin, personal details, etc. To keep these notes safe, you can simply lock them. Just launch a note you wish to lock and tap on the share icon. Out of all the provided options, tap on “Lock Note.” The note will be locked and can only be unlocked by Touch ID or the respective password.
4.2 Nesting of Notes
If you frequently create lots of notes, then you should implement this technique to manage your notes. Apple allows us to create folders and sub-folders for notes. Just go to the notes folder and drag one note (or folder) over another. In this way, you can create nested notes and manage your data in a better way.
4.3 Manage attachments
As you know, you can also attach images, drawings, etc. on notes as well. To access them together, tap on the four-square icon on the bottom of the notes interface. This will display all the attachments in one place so that you can easily manage them.
Now when you know how to sync notes from iPhone to Mac, you can always keep your important data handy. Also, you can use Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (iOS) to extract iPhone notes to a computer (Mac or Windows). It is a remarkable tool that can be used to backup and restore your content without any trouble. Go ahead and download this useful tool and never lose your important files again.
- Data Transfer
- iPhone to PC
- 1. Transfer From iPhone to Computer
- 2. Transfer Album from iPhone to PC
- 3. Transfer Data from iPhone to PC
- 4. Copy Voice Memo from iPhone to PC
- 7. iPhone Camera Roll to Computer
- 8. Podcasts from iPhone to Computer
- 9. Transfer Notes from iPhone
- iPhone to Mac
- 1. Voice memos from iPhone to Mac
- 2. Photo Albums From iPhone to Mac
- 3. Synce Notes from iPhone to Mac
- 4. Export iBooks to PC and Mac
- Computer to iPhone
- 1. AirDrop From Mac to iPhone
- 2. Use AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Data from PC to iPhone
- 4. Transfer Videos from PC to iPhone
- 5. Unsync iPhone from Computer
- 6. Sync iPhone with Multiple Computers
- Transfer to iPhone
- 1. Switch Cards Between iPhones
- 2. Facetime for Android to iPhone
- 3. Transfer Data from Motorola to iPhone
- 4. Samsung to iPhone Transfer
- 5. Transfer iPhone Apps to iPhone
- 6. Clone iPhone/iPad to iPhone
- Transfer from iPhone
- 1. Transfer Video from iPhone to Laptop
- 2. Transfer Data from iPhone to Laptop
- 3. Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPad
- 4. Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
- 5. Switch from iPhone to Google Pixel
- 6. Switch from iPhone to Samsung S10
- 7. Switch from iPhone to Samsung
- 8. Transfer from iPhone to Samsung S20
- iPhone Transfer Tips
- 1. Ford Sync iPhone
- 2. Sync iCal with iPhone
- 3. iPhone Calendar Not Syncing
- 4. iPhone Transfer Software
- WhatsApp Transfer
- 1. WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- 2. WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- 3. WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung S10
- 4. WhatsApp Messages to iPhone
- 5. WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung S9
- iTunes Transfer