How to Transfer From iPhone to Computer in Six Ways.
There are times when you want to transfer data from your iPhone to your personal computer. This includes photos, videos, contacts, calendars, and much more. In this post, we’ll be discussing the two best ways to import data from the iPhone to the PC. We’ll be discussing different methods to do the same without much effort.
The first being directly using iTunes - a software to download, play, and manage digital content on your MAC/Windows PC and iPhones. You can use it to transfer data with simple steps that we’ll be describing below.
We’ve also rounded up FIVE best software to transfer iPhone to PC without iTunes. So, without wasting time, let’s get on with the process of transferring the iPhone to a computer.
Don't worry if you're using a laptop. Read this article and find the best way to transfer files from iPhone to the laptop.
Part 1: iPhone transfer to PC with iTunes
If you want to create a backup of your iPhone data on your personal computer, you can do it with great ease, all thanks to the iTunes software. It is free software that works with both Windows and MAC PC.
The only criteria to use this software is that your iPhone or iPad has iOS 4 or later versions. So, let’s check out the process of quickly transferring data from your iPod and iPad to your computer.
Step 1: Download the iTunes software on your computer. You can find the link here - support.apple.com/downloads/itunes.
Step 2: The next step is to click double the .exe file downloaded on your PC. Launch the application.
Step 3: When the iTunes application is running on your personal computer, now you have to connect your device from which you need to transfer your digital content to your computer.
Step 4: Click the device button on the left-top corner of the iTunes screen. Just like shown below in the picture.
Step 5: Then, the next thing you need to do is click sharing on the iTunes screen.
Step 6: In the left panel of the iTunes screen on your computer. From there, you need to choose an app from which you want to transfer a particular file to your PC and vice versa.
Step 7: Now, you have to transfer the file to your PC or from PC to iPhone.
Transfer a file you want to share from your PC to iPhone: Click add, choose the file to transfer, and then Add.
Transfer a file from your iPhone to your PC: Select the left panel of iTunes you want to share, click “save to” to save the files you want to on your personal computer.
Pros of iTunes for File Sharing
- Cloud integration
- Using this software to transfer data to and for iPhone and PC is a matter of a handful of simple steps.
Cons of iTunes for File Sharing
- iTunes takes a lot of RAM space on your PC
- With every new update, this software requires more disk space
- iTunes is paid software
Part 2: Other Best iPhone to PC Transfer Software
Let’s take a look at the five-best software for transferring iPhone to PC without iTunes:
2.1 Dr.Fone software
First, on the list, the most reliable and powerful software for importing data from your iPhone to PC is Dr.Fone phone manager. It is free software that works with Windows and Mac PCs. You can use this software to transfer stuff like SMS, documents, music, photos, and contacts, either one by one or in bulk. Add to that, no need to download the iTunes software. It lets you manage your playlist on your computer with the limitations of iTunes.
With over 50 million happy customers, Dr.Fone's phone manager is unarguably the best alternative for iPhone transfer to PC without iTunes.
Download the Dr.Fone phone manager on your PC. When the .exe file is downloaded, you need to double it to and install the software. It’s like installing any other application on your personal computer. The next step is to launch the software on your PC. Then, connect your iPhone or iPod to your computer; the Dr.Fone phone manager software will automatically recognize it, no matter if you want to transfer a single document file or an entire music album.
Transfer from iPhone to computer
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps, etc. to computer and restore them quickly.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc. from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
Using the Dr.Fone software, you can easily manage your data while the file is being transferred, previewing, adding, or deleting the data you don’t need. You can efficiently transfer all your photos and videos on iPhone those on your camera roll, photo library, and photostream to your computer.
Pros of Dr.Fone
- Works with both MAC and Windows PC
- Fully support iOS 13 and all iOS devices.
- iTunes not needed for transferring from iPhone or iPad or computers.
- Dr.Fone comes with a money-back guarantee and free tech support.
Cons of Dr.Fone
- Require an active internet connection on your PC.
Is Dr.Fone Safe?
In case you have worries about the safety of your gadgets, don't stress. Dr.Fone is the safest option. The toolbox is 100% infection and malware-free, and will not hurt your devices. Additionally, the product is completely confirmed by Norton.
2.2 Syncios iPhone Transfer
Syncios is a superior option to iTunes. With Syncios, you can transfer music, video, photographs, applications, digital broadcasts, iTunes, ringtones, digital books, camera shots, duplicate videos, photos, videos, notes to your PC, and so forth from the computer to your iDevice.
Add to that; you can import your iDevice to iTunes. This ground-breaking and easy to use device additionally accompanies a changing overcapacity that can be used to change over any sound and video to Apple compatible sound and video.
Pros of Syncios iPhone Transfer
- Simple yet powerful software
- User-friendly software
Cons of Syncios iPhone Transfer
- You got to install iTunes on your PC for transferring data.
2.3 Tansee iPhone Transfer
Tansee iPhone transfer is another incredible third-party tool for transferring records from iDevice to PC. You can duplicate music, recordings, voice updates, and digital broadcasts from your iDevice to PC.
It underpins practically all the variants of windows. There are two renditions accessible – Free form and Full form. Tansee announced that they have built up two help groups. For any question, they will answer 24 hours consistently.
Pros of Tansee iPhone Transfer
- It supports the majority of iDevice models
- Supports most versions of windows
- Easy to download and install, and has a user-friendly interface
Cons of Tansee iPhone Transfer
- You need to install iTunes on your PC for importing data from iPhone to PC.
2.4 Mediavatar iPhone Transfer
Mediavatar iPhone Transfer is a powerful and user-friendly software to duplicate music, recordings, playlist, photographs from PC to iPhone.
Additionally, it creates a backup of iPhone motion pictures, melodies, photographs, SMS to PC. You can associate various iDevices to the PC at the same time. This device is accessible for both Mac OS X and windows.
Pros of Mediavatar iPhone Transfer
- You can edit the music file info
- Offer convenient drag and drop transfer
- Supports high-speed transfer
Cons of Mediavatar iPhone Transfer
- Limited Features
- You need to install the version of iTunes 8 and beyond.
2.5 ImTOO iPhone Transfer
With ImTOO iPhone Transfer, you can transfer photos, eBooks, movies, contacts, Apps, music to computer and iTunes. It supports multiple iDevice connections simultaneously. It is available for both Mac OS X, and Windows supports all kinds of iDevice.Most developers rate it as the most efficient data transferring software presently on the market. It also provides synchronization of the iPhone via Wi-Fi.
Pros of ImTOO iPhone Transfer
- Support all the latest iDevice
- Create a backup of SMS on your computer
- You can manage the iPhone as a portable hard disk
Cons of ImTOO iPhone Transfer
- Need iTunes to be installed on your computer
- It has a nag screen
After reading the entire article, we come to know the whole process of iPhone to PC transfer using iTunes. However, we know this software has its own set of troubles, the biggest being the need for more disk space to have it on your PC. This is the reason in this post, and we reviewed the five best software alternatives for uploading data from the iPhone to the computer. We also discuss the possible pros and cons.
Our recommendation is Dr.Fone software. It is not only free software, user-friendly, and safe for your gadget. It not only does the job of transferring the content iPhone to your computer for free but also has a user-friendly interface that ensures even a technically-challenged can do it with great ease. In case you have any doubts or queries concerning this software, you contact their customer support team, they provide 24*7 email assistance.
Would you like to add something to the list, we would hear your views in the comment section of this blog.
- iPhone Managing Tips
- iPhone Contacts Tips
- iCloud Tips
- iPhone Message Tips
- Activate iPhone without SIM card
- Activate New iPhone AT&T
- Activate New iPhone Verizon
- How to Use iPhone Tips
- Other iPhone Tips
- Best iPhone Photo Printers
- Call Forwarding Apps for iPhone
- Security Apps for iPhone
- Things You Can Do with Your iPhone on the Plane
- Internet Explorer Alternatives for iPhone
- Find iPhone Wi-Fi Password
- Get Free Unlimited Data on Your Verizon iPhone
- Free iPhone Data Recovery Software
- Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
- Sync Thunderbird with iPhone
- Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- iPad Trash Can