How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Samsung Galaxy Phones/ Tablets
Text messages are an important aspect of communication and hence they need to be kept safely. This doesn't mean that they are not routinely lost. It is not uncommon to find yourself in a situation where you accidentally delete important text messages or lose them due to other reasons. This is why it is essential to have a recovery system that will ensure you can easily get your text messages back quickly and easily.
This article will not only deal with how to retrieve deleted texts but also certain tools that can help you keep backup your messages to reduce the chances of losing them again in the near future.
- The Easiest Way to Recover Samsung Galaxy Messages
- Top 3 Tools to Backup Messages on Samsung Galaxy
- Top 5 Apps to Send Messages on Samsung Galaxy
There are very many ways you could recover deleted text messages from your Samsung Galaxy tablet or phone but perhaps the easiest is by using Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android). This is a tool that is specifically designed to help you get back all your lost messages in simple steps. Some of its features include;
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including WhatsApp,Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
Here's how to use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) to recover text messages from your Samsung device.
Step 1: Install and run Dr.Fone to your computer. Then click on the option of “Recover” from Dr.Fone's interface. Connect your Samsung Galaxy device to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2: you may be required to enable debugging before Dr.Fone can continue. Simply follow the steps displayed in the next window to accomplish a successful debugging process.
N/B: You may need to disconnect your device during the debugging process. This is perfectly fine as long as you reconnect the device once the process is complete.
Step 3: Select file type to scan. In this step, you should choose "Messages", then click "Next".
Step 4: Before scanning your Samsung to find the deleted messages, you will see follow mode type to choose, on usually remind you to choose the first one "Scan for deleted files", which will save you many times. When you haven't found the messages you want, you can choose "Advanced Mode".
Step 5: Now click "Start", Dr.Fone will start scanning your device data.
Step 6: Once the scan is complete, all of your recovered messages will be displayed in the resultant window. Check the ones you want to recover and click on "Restore to Device" or "Recover to Computer"
1. Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is the official Samsung software for all Samsung devices. Apart from allowing you to easily backup all your text messages as well as other files, Kies will also notify you when a firmware update for your device is available.
- It notifies users of firmware updates
- Works very well to allow for effortless transfer of data using USB cables or Wi-Fi
- It is available for both Mac and Windows
MoboRobo is an effective management tool for Android and iOs devices. It also works across platforms allowing you to easily transfer contacts between iPhone and Android devices. It also works very well in aiding you to back up all data including contacts, text messages, and call logs, documents, and media files.
- Effortlessly transfer data between devices using USB cables or Wi-Fi
- Allows for iPhone to Android data transfer and vice versa
- Works with all Android devices
- Not available for Mac users
- It is not a widely used or widely recognized tool yet
3. Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (Android)
Dr.Fone - Phone Backup (Android) is a well-developed tool to help you backup data including text messages on your Android device. You can use a USB cable to connect your device to the program. Wondershare Dr.Fone also comes with additional functionalities that allow you to transfer music/contacts/photos from one device to another device, remove the lock screen of the device and even transfer social app data between different devices.
- Allows you to backup almost all data on your Samsung device
- It is very easy to use
- Works as an all-in-one Samsung data management tool
- It is not free
Textra is one of the most popular messaging apps for the Samsung Galaxy. It comes with a lot of features that should impress even the most hard-core of users. Its customization options include various theme colors, notifications, per-contact settings. It also comes with built-in SMS scheduling, group messaging, SMA blocker, and quick reply feature.
- Its customization features make messaging very easy
- It is free to download
2. Google Messenger
Google Messenger is the best tool if you want a reliable messaging app. It gets the job done without too much flare. It is simplified and although it will allow you to customize messages in terms of contacts, group text, and even audio messages, it doesn't have extra features such as themes.
- It is simple to use
- Free to download
- Doesn't have any extra features
Hello is also a simple-to-use app that doesn't come with too many customizations. It is designed to send messages and just that. It does however come with a dark or light theme depending on what you prefer.
- It is easy to use
- Offers free SMS to friends who use it well
- It doesn't offer too many options in terms of customizations
4. Go SMS
With hundreds of customization options, Go SMS is one of the most robust messaging apps in the business. With it you get options such as message encryption, pop-up notifications, delayed send, SMS block, and even cloud backup among many others.
- Extremely effective
- Hundreds of custom options to choose from
- You have to buy some of the customizations
5. Chomp SMS
Chomp SMS comes with various features that include app lock, blacklisting, and SMS scheduler while doing what a normal messaging app is meant to do and doing it well. It is compatible with users who are looking for a simple-to-use app that sends messages as well as for more hard-core users looking for themes and frills.
- It is easy to use
- It comes with very many customizable options
- Message Sending Tricks
- Send Anonymous Messages
- Send Group Message
- Send and Receive Message from Computer
- Send Free Message from Computer
- Online Message Operations
- SMS Services
- Message Protection
- Various Message Operations
- Forward Text Message
- Track Messages
- Read Messages
- Get Message Records
- Schedule Messages
- Recover Sony Messages
- Sync Message across Multiple Devices
- View iMessage History
- Love Messages
- Message Tricks for Android
- Message Apps for Android
- Recover Android Messages
- Recover Android Facebook Message
- Recover Messages from Broken Adnroid
- Recover Messages from SIM Card on Adnroid
- Samsung-Specific Message Tips