Recover deleted data from iOS devices, iTunes and iCloud backup files.
3 Ways to Recover Deleted Note on iPhone
We often get messages from our customers like this:
I mistakenly deleted my notes on iPhone. There is some important information in my Notes which means a lot to me. Could someone help me to recover my deleted notes on iPhone? Thanks!
Actually, it is not uncommon to lose data on our iPhone. Just as in the above case, it seems that one of the most common pieces of data that we can lose from our iPhone is our Notes. This can be a problem to make recover notes from an iPhone,specially if we keep reminders for various aspects of our lives. The notes can be important. Do not worry, we can help you. It might now be very important to have a reliable way to recover our notes. We are going to introduce 3 different ways to recover deleted notes on iPhone. We hope this helps.
- Part 1: How to recover deleted notes on iPhone
- Part 2: Retrieve deleted notes from iTunes backup file
- Part 3: How to recover deleted notes on iPhone via iCloud backup
There are many data recovery tools on the market. Of course, we suggest that the original is the best, dr.fone - Recover (iOS), with the highest recovery success in the business and many other benefits:
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Strongly recover data from iPhone, iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- Enable us to recover photos, video, contacts, messages, notes, music, etc.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what we want from iCloud/iTunes backup to our device or computer.
- Supports all iPhone, iPad and iPod.
How to recover deleted notes on iPhone
- Launch dr.fone on your computer and then connect the iPhone by USB cable. The phone should be recognised fairly quickly.
- In the first window for dr.fone choose ‘Recover’ and then click on ‘Recover from iOS Device’.
- Click on ‘Start Scan’ to start the process of recovery. The dr.fone software will look for all available data. This will then be displayed in the next window. If you see that the items you are looking for have been found, you can stop the scan by clicking on ‘pause’.
- It is now possible to preview all the recovered data. You will be able see ‘Notes’ in the list on the left of the window. Click on ‘Recover to Device’ if you want the Notes restored to your iPhone, or ‘Recover to Computer’, if you want to view them on your PC.
This is the window where you can choose which items you want to recover.
It could not be clearer really, could it?
There you are – three notes ready to be recovered.
If we have backed up iPhone with iTunes before, then we can easily retrieve our deleted notes from the iTunes backup. The process is similar, a little easier and faster, but it will not include notes which have been made since the last backup.
- Launch the dr.fone iPhone recovery tool and click on ‘Recover from iTunes Backup File’ from ‘Recover’ tool.
- All the iTunes backup files on our computer will be displayed in the window. Choose the one which contains your lost notes.
- Click on ‘Start Scan’ and wait for dr.fone to extract all the data in the selected iTunes backup file.
- Preview the files and choose the ‘Notes’ and then click ‘Recover’.
- Then you can choose to restore the Notes to be recovered to the computer or back to the phone, according to whatever you prefer.
These are the backups found on the computer.
Smiles all around.
We can offer you one more way to recover/retrieve deleted notes on iPhone. If, for some reason, you do not want to use either of the previous approaches, it is good to have another choice.
- Run dr.fone on your computer, connect your iPhone, and click on ‘Recover’ and then choose ‘Recover from iCloud Backup Files’.
- You will be required to enter your iCloud account ID and passcode to log in to your Apple account and access the iCloud backup.
- Now dr.fone will list all the available iCloud backup files. Choose the one that contains the lost notes you are looking for and then click on ‘Download’.
- In the popup window that appears, choose the types of files you would like to download. You can choose to recover everything, but it will save time if you choose just ‘Notes’, near the bottom left.
- From the window below, review the files which are available, then choose the notes which you want to recover, and click ‘Recover’. It is then necessary to choose whether we want to save the files on our computer or your iPhone.
We hope you know these items, that they were not stored on the missing Note!
Please take a moment to carefully choose the correct iCloud backup file.
Everything is good!
We hope that having seen the easy, comprehensive choices which dr.fone will give you, that you will choose to give our tools a try. Join the millions of users who, over the last 15 years, have had confidence in our products.
We would be very happy to talk you further about this or any other issue you might have with your iDevice.
Notes on Devices
- Recover Notes
- Export Notes
- Save iPhone notes
- Copy iPhone notes to computer
- Export iPhone notes
- Transfer iPhone notes
- Print iPhone notes
- Backup notes
- iCloud notes